Best Wreslters from Southeast Ohio

Who has produced the best wrestlers in the last 30 yrs?

Total votes: 0

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

That is indeed a very difficult schedule, but that can only benefit you by seasons end. Belpre will have a handful of very good wrestlers and then struggle to field a full team. Much like Warren this year a few good wrestlers and probably a couple holes in the lineup. The coach at Warren is really picking the schedule this year by going to a St. Paris Grahm tourney and Desales tourney, while Im always a fan of a tough wrestling schedule I think this is to much to quick. Randolph and Packard are by far the best two wrestlers in Washington county. Then probably Frankie Lee of Warren, Hupp of Marietta, while Waterford has some good kids also.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Waterford has some real good kids; I look for them to do well this season.

With Warren's weight program being what it is, and another season under their excellent coaching staff, I expect them to be much improved.

mttawrestler125
Waterboy

Post by mttawrestler125 »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:marietta

weppler
Heldman
Hansis
Shaw

there probaly more tho

i think by the time dan nicholson is a senoir (next year)
he will be in with the marietta top wrestlers

Dan Nicholson is not wrestling this year.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

why?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

How about Zach Davis from RV?

superchargedbigblockhemi
Waterboy

Post by superchargedbigblockhemi »

wow, hard to believe i started this two years ago and it's still going.

The darkest hour is the one that comes right before the dawn.
ohio blue warrior
Waterboy

the proof is in the pudding yinger was and still proves ny#1

Post by ohio blue warrior »

this is how it was years ago there was alot of super wrestlers that could be considerd the best but the fact is some times we dont look at the over all opinion when the sectionals district and state took place there was only one wrestler that could get any glory and that wrestler had to take first in sectional first in district its not like now top 4 ? you had to win or die another facto to take in consideration is wresters then had to always be the dominator with the kill = pin =agression played the part. now we see a point win is a great satisfaction..from a staller..the next time would of been different but there is no second chance at that point its all or none. thought its changed alot in 30 years. we didnt have all the great convience like now this area has produced alot of great wrestlers that are without state titles every wrestler has his day of glory great or small. witnessed the pin over on many state champs and placers first hand!even though my father and me both wrestled for the same school plus dad coached for numerous years there he always told me son old coach mclaughlin is the best coach in southeastern ohio without a doubt like wise is this just a weird or a great blessing now Ive decided to root my son under 2 coaches I believe and know are the best at the job. that has fact itself the coaches experiance they like wise sat under old coach mclaughlin...speaking in my veiw watching matt yinger all my wrestling career and still today there is not a better wrestler than him in south eastern ohio .wave your white flag to your best interest but if matt stepped on the line today nobody could beat him at the game he dedicated his heart and soul and his coaching is proving him to be number one there.the coaching is a great factor matt has been there how many coaches can say that?so his expectations are set unlike alot of so called wrestling coaches that didnt even wrestle or were Quiters of the sport. my point is ny is still producing and the coach was and is top dog the proof is in the pudding.ny without a doubt take it to the bank or to the mat...............

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

i will stick with quantres bates as the best ever from southeast ohio.
3 x collegiate all american and 2 x national champion.
big 12 champ

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

im kinda biased but im just remembering jared weinfurter (3 time state placer) and under coach weinfurter being 2 time sectional champs i dont really have enough of a history in souteastern ohio to argue any other way

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I thought weinfurter only placed twice. He was a heck of a wrestler.

M&M
Waterboy

Post by M&M »

If we're talking this year, Ashton Packard from Belpre is a beast!

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

ttt

Return to “Wrestling”