Tri-Valley Conference Tourn. Feb. 9 at Belpre.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

I don't why he quit, but presently he is running sprints and lifting weights with the track team.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Just wanted to tell Cory Morgan (130lbs) from Trimble good luck tomorrow. And Nelsonville York boys.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Timmy is a great kid. He (i my opinion) is making a bad decision. yes, he had mono and is at the end of the sickness. However, there are other people or person that instructed him to stop wrestling. However, it is ultimatly his decision and for whatever reason other than what I know he decided (with assitance) to stop wrestling. I just hope that he is confident in his decision and doesn't look back years from now and regret it. I think he is feeling alot of pressure from people to quit and move on.

I wish he would have been able to wrestle the TVC and be a 4 year TVC champ. No matter, Timmy we love ya and will support you in whatever you do.

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Don't think we're going to make it today. Possibly next week at Sectionals. :(

Good luck Buckeyes! I'll be home thinking of you! :-D

Good luck Corey Morgan and Aston Packard, and to all the wrestlers! :-D

Have a good tournament and everyone stay safe and healthy for the big ones coming up! :-D

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I was disappointed to here that Tim had hung it up. He was a tremendous wrestler and, in my experience, was a very good kid and helpful to others, even those on opposing teams. He had some great opportunities ahead of him in the remaining month of wrestling: 4 TVC Titles, postseason success that more than likely would have resulted in state placement. I wish him all of the best!!

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Cory Morgan (130lbs)Trimble you did a GREAT job today coming in 1st at the TVC. Mostly all the stuff your going through. I hope the best for your grandpa. We love ya

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Results? Who won the Packard vs Norway match?

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Cory Morgan you are the MVP in our hearts!!!!!!! We love you very much an are so PROUD of you.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Not 100% sure what the score was, but Norway won over Packard. Good job Norway.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Athensmom, Packard didn't wrestle Norway; Packard wrestled 171, was 1st, and was tourn MVP.
Congrats to all of Belpre's wrestlers on their first place finish. Wow!!!
1st place, Cooper, Packard, Wiggers, and Waderker
2nd place Walker and Carr
3rd place Amber Lockhart
4th place Brody Parish
Way to go Eagles

c91847k
Waterboy

Post by c91847k »

Congrats Belpre! What were the team scores?

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Full results are posted here: http://www.baumspage.com/wr/tvc/res08.htm

Congratulations to the Belpre Golden Eages on their first TVC Championship under Head Coach Scott Adams.

Congratulations to Ashton Packard from Belpre on his well-deserved MVW Award!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

1. Belpre 188.5
2. Waterford 185.5
3. Vinton County 183.0
4. Wellston 183.0
5. Nelsonville-York 133.0
6. Trimble 129.0
7. Meigs 89.0

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Sorry I know he beat a Belpre kid, but in the past he has wrestled Packard, an all the talk this past week was about Packard an Norway. That Packard would win, but i guess he went up in weight (lolol). Is that the BIG surprise??????????

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Way to go NY! Hook-Norway-Norway- Creggo and Cangemi

Lets hope for a Packard vs. Norway finals next Saturday at NY!

Great Job Buckeyes! And coach Yinger. You did great today, if only all those "guys" would have stuck it out and wrestled. Of the 7 that quit and the couple that didnt come out, im sure there would have been quite a few more placers and you would have been right there.....

Good luck next saturday at sectionals

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

AWMom? "Big surprise", are you implying that Packard wrestled up to avoid Norway? I'll bet that if you asked R. Norway, he would tell you that wasn't the case. I've seen Packard lose, but I've never seen him run from anyone.
I know that they have wrestled several times in the past, and Packard hasn't lost. Oh by the way, congrats to Corey Morgan, on his 1st place win.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Athens Mom. Are you serious? Packard wrestled up so that he could wrestle Ousley, 30-0, and Lockard,33-5. That's why he was voted by the coaches, MVW. Packard has beaten Norway at least 4 times in the past, and had no reason to believe that he couldn't do so again. Packard is a 3 time TVC champ, and was risking this third title by making this jump into the unknown.
Robert Norway is a class act and a very good wrestler, but like afan said, ask Robert his opinion in this matter, and I'd bet that he would tell you that Packard wouldn't run from anyone.

Go Eagles.

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Guys nobody said Packard was running from Norway she asked if that was the big surprise. Read back up the thread Otterslide or one of the Belpre guys said there would be a big surpise. I think we belive that to
be Timmy not wrestling. We at N-Y know what Ashton is about and it is business and championships. Norway and myself coach Yinger talked about Robert going to 171 to have a better shot at the TVC and then we decided to stay at 160 and wrestle. It worked out for all involved. Robert and Ashton has had a few battles and at least in high school Robert has never won. Now I am not saying he can't win this year but Robert has great respect for Ashton and would always do his best. Congrats to Belpre on pulling it out with the big boys.

eagles09
Waterboy

Post by eagles09 »

AWmom, better yet ask Coach Yinger if Packard was trying to avoid Norway. Why would anyone run from someone they have beaten numerous times, the closest being 11-12 points? I do want to thank you though, because when Packard sees your comments he'll be thinking more than 11 or 12 points at Sectionals.
I'm so proud of all you guys for winning the TVC!!!! And Ashton Packard for MVW.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congratulations to the Belpre Eagles and Coach Scott Adams. Also to Ashton Packard for the MVW. Way to Belpre Eagles. Also a good showing from the Waterford Wildcats. Good Luck to both teams in the Sectionals.

Return to “Wrestling”