who 's gonna be tough in the seoal this year

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Thanks! :-D

I'll probably be at the N-Y/Athens preview. Stop and say "Hi!" if you go!

BUCKS54
Waterboy

Post by BUCKS54 »

I will be there to watch Corbin wrestle! I bet his parents are proud of him!

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Corbin will be red-shirting this year at OU. They do have college open tournaments, that he'll be able to participate in.

And yes, his Dad and I are really proud of him! :-D

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

chillicothe will be much improved this year

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

logan will be the team to win leauge this year. was third with a bunch of freshmen and first year wrestlers. frasure and robinson leauge champs for sure and probably morgan any others are hard to tell

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

logan always has a good team even way back when I wrestled lol gahs is getting quite a few freshmen this year from there jr high program these boys also came up thru the youth league program so some of them have been wrestling for 5 years some will probably be starting so we are looking at a good season as well see you at the meets

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Warren will have a good group returning, and should start reaping the benefits of their junior high program this year. Logan and Athens were both young last year and should be contenders along with Warren. Marietta's program seems to be in shambles and don't expect to much this year.
Warren has some real studs coming up through their junior high/ grade school system. Should see some real outstanding teams coming from them over the next few years.
Going out on a limb and saying Frankie Lee of Warren is probably the best wrestler in the SEOAL and expect big big things if he stays healthy along with Seth Sebring who is big, strong and quick on his feet. He is built like a 189 lb is supposed to be.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

sounds like the seoal is gonna have some good match ups this year good luck everyone

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Lee was tough last year, and with the coaching he's had, he could be hard to deal with this season. What's his weight?

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

any thoughts on leauge champs from anybody?

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

from chillicothe
103 knute bonner (frosh with 78 offseason matches)
130 ethan depugh (dq at 130 in 06, inj. in 07)
135 nick detty (won a few at districts 2 yrs ago at this weight, out in 07, pin and tech fall warren kid who won the league)
189 kyle ramsey (chilli most improved kid)
215 danny demick (champ as frosh and much improved)
285 ansel benson (runner up to bockovitz last yr and good offseason.. will be a good size hvy this year

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

ill say that demick from chilli (only a soph) could very well be the best in the seoal this year.. won the league as a frosh
missed the first month of the season last year while cutting 40 pounds.. stayed close to 215 this fall
freestyle and greco state championships this summer in his first year competing in these styles
3-4 at fargo
won natl coaches assoc. tourney in s.c (folkstyle
won aau natls in detroit (folkstyle

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

wrestlefan...Sounds like you have a beast of a wrestler there! Some great kudos on his list of wrestling accomplishments! :-D

By the way, how have you been? Hope your team does well this year!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

ny mom..
im good.. expecting our first baby on nov. 17th.. (girl)
we are very excited.. im taking 8 weeks off from teaching, but i can still do the coaching.. gonna be nice to be able to enjoy the first bit of our girls life on a full time basis (minus practices).
good luck to your boy at ou.. he always seemed like a great kid and i hope de does well (im sure he will)

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Congratulations Wrestlfan!

You do know they make pink singlets??? ;)

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

nymom
i always said that there was no way my daughter would be on the mat with boys, but after watching the girls in fargo this year, my girl can do it too... if she wants too...lol... wish your boy/man now huh/ well for me

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

How will Jackson be this year?

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

yeah i've been wondering the same thing, they are usually pretty good aren't they?

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

Jackson should be decent this year. Got a few returning wrestlers with past success. Will be competitive most of the time.

mttawrestler125
Waterboy

Post by mttawrestler125 »

umm. im not sure why people are thinking Marietta is goin to b weak this year but i believe the tigers will have a solid team. only giving up 103 hopefully

Return to “Wrestling”