Five Lawrence athletes qualify for state meet

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Good Luck to our local athletes and stay hydrated in this heat!
Jun 06, 2008 @ 12:00 AM
The Herald-Dispatch
HUNTINGTON -- Five athletes from Lawrence County are among the 1,918 track and field performers qualified for the Ohio high school championships.

The state meet is today and Saturday at Jesse Owens Memorial Track on the Ohio State campus in Columbus.

Boys Division II entries include Ironton senior Marc Carter in the boys 400-meter dash and Lukas Morris, a junior for the Fighting Tigers, in the high jump.

Fairland has junior Aaron Ward in the boys 110-meter hurdles.

Girls Division II qualifiers include Fairland sophomore Jordan Aldridge in the 100-meter hurdles.

Ericka Leighty, a junior at South Point, is in the long jump.

Gallipolis is sending five athletes to the Division II meet.

Luke Watts, a senior for the Gallipolis boys, competes in the pole vault.

Junior Alexis Geiger from Gallipolis qualified for two girls individual events, the 100-meter dash and long jump. Sophomore Brea Close from Gallipolis is running the girls 300-meter hurdles. The Blue Devils also have sophomore Kara Jackson in the 400-meter dash.

Geiger, Close, Jackson and junior Tonia Logan are running the 4x200-meter and 4x100-meter relays.

Wheelersburg qualified its boys 4x100-meter relay in Division II. Relay runners are sophomore Tyler Craigmiles, senior Nathan Fannin, junior Jordan Shankweiler and senior Craig Stamper.

State meet admission is $10 per day and children age 5 and younger are free.

Baby Duck
Freshman Team

Re: Five Lawrence athletes qualify for state meet

Post by Baby Duck »

I seen Craig Stamper this morning and wished him luck. I hope they do good this being his senior year. They are suppose to call me later if I find out anything I will post it.

Return to “Track & Field”