SEOAL Teams at the Parkersburg Invite

MttaFan
Freshman Team

SEOAL Teams at the Parkersburg Invite

Post by MttaFan »

SEOAL teams (Logan, Gallia, Marietta) did very well today at the Pburg Invite against VERY strong competition (Akron Buchtel, Hurricane, Elkins, Pburg and Pburg South, among others). I don't have the full team results, but a couple of individual notes from memory----

Gallia boys won the pole vault I believe
Lauren Adkins finished in the top three and looked good in a strong 3200 field
Cody Westbrook of Marietta won the high jump at 6-6
Gallia girl sprinters were very impressive
Ross of Marietta won the girls high jump at 5-2
Mark Wiefrich of Marietta anchored the winning 4 x 8 team, won the mile (don't know the time) and won the 3200 in 9:37. He was in a league of his own today.

Great, great competition, and one of the best run meets I've seen. If anyone has final results, please post
Last edited by MttaFan on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Re: SEOAL Teams at the Parkersburg Invite

Post by GAHSNOW »

Results are up already on runwv.com

runningwild12
Waterboy

Post by runningwild12 »

Wow. Marietta beat Logan, did Logan not send their whole team or something?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan sent everyone.
Logan has a real young team this year mostly 9/10 graders,Right off I can only think of two seniors. For a team this young they are hanging pretty good.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Logan boys are young, talented, and deep. They will be a force at the SEOAL this year and in years to come. Warren is just too deep and strong in the boys this year.

Logan, Gallia, Marietta, and Warren girls are all talented and capable of winning the league. I don't think any of them have peaked or put their best team on the track yet this year.

Watching Cantley, Wilson, and Wiefrich compete against each other at the league meet will be worth the price of admission. That will be a classic match up.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

MttaFan wrote:Logan boys are young, talented, and deep. They will be a force at the SEOAL this year and in years to come. Warren is just too deep and strong in the boys this year.

Logan, Gallia, Marietta, and Warren girls are all talented and capable of winning the league. I don't think any of them have peaked or put their best team on the track yet this year.

Watching Cantley, Wilson, and Wiefrich compete against each other at the league meet will be worth the price of admission. That will be a classic match up.
After watching Logan, Marietta, and Warren girls this year, it will come down to who negates who to take points away for the outcome. The girls race will be close for sure. Gallia will definitely field a good team, and they could be the defining factor.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Even with all the talent Warren has I look for them to score under 160 points,but that might be 60 points more than the second place team.

I look for Marietta and Logan to battle it out for 2nd.
Zanesville to edge Chillicothe out for 4th.

Portsmouth should take 6th by 10 or 15 over Ironton

Athens might sneak in ahead of Jackson and Gallipolis to take the number 8 spot.

On the girls side I see Gallipolis taking first by 30 over Marietta.

Logan will put things together and take third and a possible 2nd if Marietta faulters somewhat.

Warren will put up a battle and could jump into 3rd if Logan has a bad day.

Athens should climb into 5th ahead of Chillicothe,Zanesville,Jackson,Portsmouth and Ironton in that order.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

noreply66 wrote:Even with all the talent Warren has I look for them to score under 160 points,but that might be 60 points more than the second place team.

I look for Marietta and Logan to battle it out for 2nd.
Zanesville to edge Chillicothe out for 4th.

Portsmouth should take 6th by 10 or 15 over Ironton

Athens might sneak in ahead of Jackson and Gallipolis to take the number 8 spot.

On the girls side I see Gallipolis taking first by 30 over Marietta.

Logan will put things together and take third and a possible 2nd if Marietta faulters somewhat.

Warren will put up a battle and could jump into 3rd if Logan has a bad day.

Athens should climb into 5th ahead of Chillicothe,Zanesville,Jackson,Portsmouth and Ironton in that order.
noreply66, I've always enjoyed your input into the forums, and I agree with the assessments you've come up with. Health, training, competitiveness, heart, and great luck will make the finals another memorable year!

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Great analysis, noreply66.

Let's hope everyone stays (gets) healthy and look forward to one of the best SEOAL meets in years. A state qualifying team or two, several individuals, and some conference records.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

noreply66--How did HOOCH do in the Discus? Haven't heard much from him this year? Maybe he should have played some gridiron this year to get ready for track? Hope he gets it going---Good Kid--- :-D :shock: :!:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hoch hasn't been throwing too well the last three meets.He did throw 175 + earlier--but as of lately I think he's back to working on his timing.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Thanks noreply66--seen where he finished 2nd and only threw 145 ft..--He'll get it straightened out :-D :shock: :!:

Return to “Track & Field”