Div. III District Meet (Chillicothe)

What is the Hardest Event to Be Successful in in Track?

Total votes: 0

ocho$cinco
Waterboy

Div. III District Meet (Chillicothe)

Post by ocho$cinco »

For anyone who attended the meet last night; was it me, or was the FAT system giving EVERYONE about a second added to their times? That is what I was observing. Jay Edwards ran a 12.7 100m dash. I dont think I have ever seen him even go over 11.7 sec in the 100m in his high school career! What is going on?

powerliftingnut
Freshman Team

Post by powerliftingnut »

I know that Jay ran just enough to make the finals, take that and the fact that they were running into a 15 to 20 mile per hour head wind. The finals will tell the tale.

My vote was for the 100 m dash. If you faulter at all coming out of the blocks or during the run, your race is over. The others have the distance to overcome a mild mistake.(somewhat) just my thought.

" If you have a problem with me or anything I say, there’s two ways to deal with it – my way or their way. My way is violence".
James "lights out" Toney
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Edwards was a little risky slow for me in the preliminaries....but then had the fastest time at 11.6?

Edwards, Henning and Hoffman should be fun...Kephart as the wildcard

I'll go with the 100m....but coaching at a school with no facilities I'll go with the high jump.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Events requiring the most technique discus and pole vault. The running events most difficult physically 400 meter and 800 meter you have to be tough to run these. The running event being the most technique oriented 110 meter hurdles. Relying mostly upon genetic God given ability the 100 meters, sure you have sprint drills and blocks to work on but you dont have to put together the coordination and positions at the same time some of the other events have to and you dont have to endure the lactic of the middle distance stuff.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would say the 110 HH---speed and also the timing and steps

Return to “Track & Field”