Washington CH Invitational

Tiger16
Waterboy

Washington CH Invitational

Post by Tiger16 »

I’m glad everyone had some great times but was this course short? All of our athletes set new PR’s by over a minute. I just wanted to see if anyone knows the correct distance and if the PR’s are legit.Thanks

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Washington CH Invitational

Post by Ironman92 »

Tiger16 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:28 am I’m glad everyone had some great times but was this course short? All of our athletes set new PR’s by over a minute. I just wanted to see if anyone knows the correct distance and if the PR’s are legit.Thanks
It was probably a bit short. My kid ran a 15:33 but I knew he was going to break 16 as he went 16:01 last race and he was running with special motivation. I’d guess it was 20 seconds fast for him and 30-45 for most others through the race.

Junior high course seemed a touch long. Was a good meet though.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was told the first half of this run was across county and the 2nd half was around a reservoir which was like running around a square???????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:54 pm I was told the first half of this run was across county and the 2nd half was around a reservoir which was like running around a square???????
At the YMCA….started on a long straightaway and then followed the perimeter of the property line it looked, went back by canopies near the YMCA and then headed towards reservoir…..reservoir up a bit of a hill. On top of hill was the large reservoir…maybe 450 yards by 200 yards (just a guess)…it was a bit more than 3/4 mile to the reservoir and more than 3/4 around it…then back down along field back towards route 41 and looped around back by the YMCA and an inner route around the original field/property border. Not a bad course. Reservoir maybe boring but it was a battle with the wind. You could see the runners a lot with just a bit of walking/jogging in the right spots.

Tiger16
Waterboy

Post by Tiger16 »

It looks like MileSplit officially marked it as a 2.x mile short course and kept everyone’s previous PR’s. That’s a little disappointing considering it was suppose to be a 5K. Looking at most kids times, they were about a minute-thirty faster than their best time this year. (That’s most kids, not all). Course was very spectator friendly, cool temperatures and a little windy.

Will they ever Cross the Creek again?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Similar times at Unioto

Tiger16
Waterboy

Post by Tiger16 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:37 pm Similar times at Unioto
Yes it was. It would be interesting to see if Washington CH actually is short and why Milesplit didn’t count it for PR’s.

Return to “Cross Country”