2022 SHAC Predictions

Tiger16
Waterboy

2022 SHAC Predictions

Post by Tiger16 »

Just a thread about how SHAC teams will be this year.

My predictions for top teams:

Boys

1. Whiteoak
2. Fairfield
3. North Adams
4. Peebles
5. Ripley
6. Lynchburg

Whiteoak didn’t lose much from last years state team.

Girls

1. North Adams
2. West Union
3. Lynchburg
4. Eastern
5. Fairfield
6. Ripley

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2022 SHAC Predictions

Post by noreply66 »

In the SHAC girls North Adams and West Union have some good girls coming back with both teams being separated by around 30 seconds. Might depend, what each team has coming up from middle school. Right now, the edge goes to North Adams. Following those two schools are Eastern and Manchester. After these four schools the others are not showing more than four girls returning for the varsity. So once again it should depend, what is coming up from the middles school.

With the boys it looks like Whiteoak is the runaway here. Fairfield and North Adams are really close to each other and it looks like on any given day one could beat the other unless one has a special boy coming up. Manchester looks to be the next team up followed by Ripley, Peebles, West Union.

These schools could have new girls/boys going out and all should have incoming freshmen too so a lot will change during the year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

My pick on Manchester is highly WRONG. The list I looked at has runners from the Manchester team in the area of Akon. Had this same thing happen a few years ago with Green.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:36 pm In the SHAC girls North Adams and West Union have some good girls coming back with both teams being separated by around 30 seconds. Might depend, what each team has coming up from middle school. Right now, the edge goes to North Adams. Following those two schools are Eastern and Manchester. After these four schools the others are not showing more than four girls returning for the varsity. So once again it should depend, what is coming up from the middles school.

With the boys it looks like Whiteoak is the runaway here. Fairfield and North Adams are really close to each other and it looks like on any given day one could beat the other unless one has a special boy coming up. Manchester looks to be the next team up followed by Ripley, Peebles, West Union.

These schools could have new girls/boys going out and all should have incoming freshmen too so a lot will change during the year.
North Adams has the Hessler boy as a top runner alongside with his older brother. Might give then the edge for 2nd. Fairfield the most heralded coach in the league though.

Whiteoak not the depth of last year but if they stay healthy should 3 peat as league champs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:40 pm My pick on Manchester is highly WRONG. The list I looked at has runners from the Manchester team in the area of Akon. Had this same thing happen a few years ago with Green.
Been looking at the real Manchester team this past week. Still don't look too bad.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Most schools have taken part in three meets and with those in the books.

Girls

Whiteoak
North Adams
Eastern W
Fairfield
Manchester needs another girl
Peebles- still short handled too
Rest of the schools need a lot of help

Boys

Whiteoak
North Adams
Manchester if the right names are showing up in the score sheets
Fairfield
Peebles
West Union
Ripley

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With the conference meet coming up on the girls side it looks like North Adams. As a team against the rest of the SHAC they have a 41 with West Union with a #55, Eastern 63 and Manchester at 85. North Adams would have to completely fall a part to not get first.

On the boys it should be Whiteoak finishing far ahead of Manchester. WO has a 36 against the SHAC teams with Manchester at 57, Fairfield 70 and North Adams at 74.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:41 pm With the conference meet coming up on the girls side it looks like North Adams. As a team against the rest of the SHAC they have a 41 with West Union with a #55, Eastern 63 and Manchester at 85. North Adams would have to completely fall a part to not get first.

On the boys it should be Whiteoak finishing far ahead of Manchester. WO has a 36 against the SHAC teams with Manchester at 57, Fairfield 70 and North Adams at 74.
Whiteoak has been without state qualifier Weston Blair for a few weeks and without much displacement….it could be very tight. Fairfield charging hard. Manchester not far back either.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger16
Waterboy

Post by Tiger16 »

My predictions:

Girls

1. North Adams 2. West Union 3. Eastern 4. Manchester 5. Fairfield

North Adams top 3 girls should carry the team to a 1st place finish. West Union and Eastern should battle for 2nd. Manchester has 2 girls that should finish well.

Boys

1. Whiteoak 2. Fairfield 3. North Adams 4. Manchester 5. Peebles 6. Lynchburg 7.West Union 8. Ripley

Whiteoak is a lock even without Blair. The 2nd place spot is really a toss up between Fairfield, Manchester and North Adams. Fairfield beat Manchester at Unioto so I gave them the edge. North Adams top 2 runners haven’t ran in most of the meets so they will surprise many. NA beat Manchester at their county meet so I have them finishing 3rd.

ROY: Sam Seas and Landon Eyre

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tiger16 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:40 am My predictions:

Girls

1. North Adams 2. West Union 3. Eastern 4. Manchester 5. Fairfield

North Adams top 3 girls should carry the team to a 1st place finish. West Union and Eastern should battle for 2nd. Manchester has 2 girls that should finish well.

Boys

1. Whiteoak 2. Fairfield 3. North Adams 4. Manchester 5. Peebles 6. Lynchburg 7.West Union 8. Ripley

Whiteoak is a lock even without Blair. The 2nd place spot is really a toss up between Fairfield, Manchester and North Adams. Fairfield beat Manchester at Unioto so I gave them the edge. North Adams top 2 runners haven’t ran in most of the meets so they will surprise many. NA beat Manchester at their county meet so I have them finishing 3rd.

ROY: Sam Seas and Landon Eyre
I’ll be surprised if FF boys don’t beat Manchester and NA

I have Manchester just ahead of NA but if young Hessler runs well I’d flip them.

Tiger16
Waterboy

Post by Tiger16 »

Most predictions were right except North Adams came out and beat Fairfield and Manchester to get runner-up. Both Heslers ran well but they brought 2 more kids from the soccer team that haven’t ran in a meet all year. One of them making All-League. With the 2 new kids I’m predicting they get runner-up at Districts. Whiteoak boys ran very well and I expect them to make a push for back to back state trips.

Seas for girls and Eyre for boys had great races and are 2 of the top runners in the state.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

On the boy's side North Adams had four of their top five runner get Prs
Whiteoak, Manchester and Fairfield had two

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

On the girl's side it was Fairfield with 3 prs