Returning in the 09 season

SErunner
JV Team

Returning in the 09 season

Post by SErunner »

Which teams are deep, and which are going to get killed by graduation.

Warren loses,
State XC Qualifier Wes Richards
the best returning 800 runner Justin Roush (2nd at league, but disqualified for jewelery)
a solid runner in Mikey Harlow

Returning
17:54 runner Derrick Kettering
low 18 runners Wes Cochran and Gage Freeman
Jared Cantley
High 19 runner Daniel Canaday
and a couple decent frosh that ran low 20's

I see Warren having a respectable year in 09. They return enough talent to challenge Marietta for the XC title next year.

I know Marietta is taking hits with the loss of Weferich and the Murry bros.

but Return Kyle Brown, Cody Wittikend and Alex Wesal.

Both teams losing the Core but the leftovers are still strong and dedicated.

Anybody got the scoop on other teams?

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Re: Returning in the 09 season

Post by cross_country_xc »

Well Southern Is Lossing Kyle Goode. He was a decent runner. he ran around 17:40-17:20's. THey are also lossing Drew Hoover but thats not a hug loss to them as much as Kyle Goode is. Goode also won the 2008 TVC's. Goode made it to reginals for the first time in Southern's history and also broke the school record many times this year. And i do belive it is 17:23. It's slow but Southern is a NEW program. He never ran in Jr High. XC started @ southern his freshman year. But they are bringing an 8th grader up who will be a freshman next year. He is Really good. I think he will take off from where Goode is leaving the program. Good LUCK next year KODY WOLF. He is if not better than Goode. But idk cuz i haven't ever seen them run a race aginst eachother.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

cross_country_xc wrote:Well Southern Is Lossing Kyle Goode. He was a decent runner. he ran around 17:40-17:20's. THey are also lossing Drew Hoover but thats not a hug loss to them as much as Kyle Goode is. Goode also won the 2008 TVC's. Goode made it to reginals for the first time in Southern's history and also broke the school record many times this year. And i do belive it is 17:23. It's slow but Southern is a NEW program. He never ran in Jr High. XC started @ southern his freshman year. But they are bringing an 8th grader up who will be a freshman next year. He is Really good. I think he will take off from where Goode is leaving the program. Good LUCK next year KODY WOLF. He is if not better than Goode. But idk cuz i haven't ever seen them run a race aginst eachother.

Logan is only losing 2 from the 2008 team. they should be good next year. of the one that ran in the low and mid 18s are coming back for next year.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Anybody out there know if Eastern's lone runner Keith Aiker will graduate?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

He Will.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

That's sad. Maybe Owen can make it to a few track meets and convince some fresh faces to do XC?

I mean "The Micheal Owen Story" of garnishing All-Ohio honors and an Athletic Scholarship to a team ranked 17th in the nation could swing a few votes.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I do not think very many Eastern students want to run Cross. Trust me, Cross Country is for some reason looked down upon at Eastern. A shame.

Go Buckeyes
Riding the Bench

Post by Go Buckeyes »

With the Eastern football teams performance recently, why wouldn't at least some Eastern kids run cross country?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Good question Go Buckeyes. With 5 guys, Fogle would be able to have a nice chance of winning the TVC. That will not happen if they play football at Eastern.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

The top returning runner is Jared Cantley! :shock: I think he is good enough to be SEOAL champ in 2009. If you had asked me a year ago, I'd have said "no-way will this kid win league."

Good Luck Jared! You've got quite a large target on your back, so you better get to work. :evil:

Good Luck to all of the returnees! Get the miles in this winter and fly come SPRING! :-D

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:The top returning runner is Jared Cantley! :shock: I think he is good enough to be SEOAL champ in 2009. If you had asked me a year ago, I'd have said "no-way will this kid win league."

Good Luck Jared! You've got quite a large target on your back, so you better get to work. :evil:

Good Luck to all of the returnees! Get the miles in this winter and fly come SPRING! :-D

i dont see him winning the seoal in 2009. if logan gets there runner going all year round watch them be up there for a win. if eli does his miles he will be fighting for a win.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

5kdude wrote:
SErunner wrote:The top returning runner is Jared Cantley! :shock: I think he is good enough to be SEOAL champ in 2009. If you had asked me a year ago, I'd have said "no-way will this kid win league."

i dont see him winning the seoal in 2009. if logan gets there runner going all year round watch them be up there for a win. if eli does his miles he will be fighting for a win.

I didn't see it either but the potential is there. I really don't see Eli having it in him to win it either.

The SEOAL is in a year without a Superstar and it opens a lot of doors to whoever is willing to work the most.

It will be a great race with no one gapping the field. It will turn into a real team race. Packs (a Marietta Specialty) will be important.

If Logan is going to win it all this will be the year to try.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Marietta and Warren will be head and shoulders above the rest of the league again in 09. The individual champ will come from one or the other of those schools and they will once again dominate the all league selections.

Sorry Cory, until the rest of the league decides to get serious about their distance running, that is the way it will be. Marietta and Warren will continue to dominate the distance events on the track and dominate in XC on the boys side as well. I would hope that would change soon, because better competition makes everyone better, I just do not see it happening soon! On the girls side - Gallia and Marietta have the best groups of distance runners, Gallia getting the edge w/ their outstanding freshman.
Last edited by runhallerun on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

runhallerun, Logan will be decent next year. All of the teams will be decent next year, I can't spot a stand-out school among the league.

The victors will likely be Marietta or Warren and we will continue to see the development of a young Logan team.

But if you look at the talent left and the incoming talent on these teams, you can see years of SEOAL meets separated by a few points.

I think some of the major factors that will determine the 2009 champion team is how Warren's Derrick Kettering and Marietta's Wesel develop.

Another will be if Wes Cochran is healthy. Warren won this year without one of their usual top 7.

Also I'd keep an eye on Mitchell Grose.

Kyle Brown is another contender that could step out of the shadows.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Run- I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with the Marietta/Warren dominance of the distance events in track and dominance of XC on the girl's side. I think you would have to throw Gallia girls into that mix as well.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

now,

my apologies, I was thinking more on the guys side, you guys (gals) are certainly in the "drivers seat" for a while with that young talented group down there.

I make mistakes once every few years, please forgive me. LOL

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

run- Gallia would certainly be a force to be reckoned with if we could just convince you to let us adopt Halle for awhile......you could have her back in about 4 years. She is certainly taking a beating in the BB forum. Those people are crazy.....we would love to have Miss Halle playing for The Academy. Good luck.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Now, it is difficult to watch your kid get picked on like that for no reason whatsoever. I must admit that several times, I have started typing responses to the attacks, (I really laughed at the comment about 'the parents having something to prove'), only to hit the delete button, I am not going to lower myself to those people's standards.

We did our best to try to get Halle to focus on indoor track, but she really likes to play b-ball, so I guess that is what she is going to do this winter. Maybe we can catch up when Warren plays down there this winter.

Good luck to Peyton in Indiana, hope Lauren is getting her mojo back, and guess what - Wes is thinking about OU, maybe he can keep an eye on Lauren for you guys. :-D

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

runhallerun wrote:Marietta and Warren will be head and shoulders above the rest of the league again in 09. The individual champ will come from one or the other of those schools and they will once again dominate the all league selections.

Sorry Cory, until the rest of the league decides to get serious about their distance running, that is the way it will be. Marietta and Warren will continue to dominate the distance events on the track and dominate in XC on the boys side as well. I would hope that would change soon, because better competition makes everyone better, I just do not see it happening soon! On the girls side - Gallia and Marietta have the best groups of distance runners, Gallia getting the edge w/ their outstanding freshman.

well let me see there is people that are running xc that you are putting down. a team can work with that they have. i dont see warren and marietta dominate. there are people out there that is going to be alot better by the time xc comes around next year. well i guess the league is going to show you wrong when track comes around bc the leauge is more teams then warren and marietta.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

I never said that Logan could not win the league in track this year, they very well could. I just said they would not be able to handle Marietta and Warren in the distance races, or XC.

I will be watching Cory!

Return to “Cross Country”