SEOAL Finish

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Re: SEOAL Finish

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

This topic has really taken off lately, us backing off our T9 discussion mustve really opened the doors for everyone else.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

RvDistanceGuy wrote:This topic has really taken off lately, us backing off our T9 discussion mustve really opened the doors for everyone else.

so how do we think the teams will do next year at the seoal meet??

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

I got some ideas.

Warren and Marietta both lose the core of runners that has kept them afloat the last few years.

I think that Marietta may have the depth to win next year. Interestingly, the individual favorite is Jared Cantley. I didn't think he would be this good. He still isn't equal to his brother in running, but as an over-all athlete Jared maybe better than Tyler. This isn't an opinion I can really defend because some might think that Tyler's basketball skills are worth more than Jared's pole vaulting. That is like comparing oranges and apples, so no objective opinion could be formed.

Jared Cantley will be individual champ, but Marietta will put 3 guys in before Warren's second.

2009 meet scoring
1. Marietta - 34! 2 3 4 6 19

2. Warren - 50! 1 5 12 16 32

3. Logan - 74! 10 13 14 17 20

haha... Though Warren and Marietta both beat Logan in 2008 and will in 2009. Logan will place 8 runners in before Marietta and Warren get in 7!

There is one scoring "error" (the math is all correct) in this that could give Warren the win, but you guys will
have to look at the results to find out what little power is missing from the results.

Where will SEOAL 2009 be held?

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:I got some ideas.

Warren and Marietta both lose the core of runners that has kept them afloat the last few years.

I think that Marietta may have the depth to win next year. Interestingly, the individual favorite is Jared Cantley. I didn't think he would be this good. He still isn't equal to his brother in running, but as an over-all athlete Jared maybe better than Tyler. This isn't an opinion I can really defend because some might think that Tyler's basketball skills are worth more than Jared's pole vaulting. That is like comparing oranges and apples, so no objective opinion could be formed.

Jared Cantley will be individual champ, but Marietta will put 3 guys in before Warren's second.

2009 meet scoring
1. Marietta - 34! 2 3 4 6 19

2. Warren - 50! 1 5 12 16 32

3. Logan - 74! 10 13 14 17 20

haha... Though Warren and Marietta both beat Logan in 2008 and will in 2009. Logan will place 8 runners in before Marietta and Warren get in 7!

There is one scoring "error" (the math is all correct) in this that could give Warren the win, but you guys will
have to look at the results to find out what little power is missing from the results.

Where will SEOAL 2009 be held?

warren and marietta are both losing there good runners but i think that logan will be up there fighting with the win. they have there whole team coming back for next year. if they get better over the winter and the summer i would be looking at them in the middle of the win. i would like to see eli reed in the 17s and 4 more guys in the low and mid 18s by the time the seol comes around.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

5k, I also pleased to see a good Logan program coming forward, but I think Warren and Marietta will return the best runners up front and that will make the difference.

I also saw some nice individual finishes by some of the schools that I wouldn't classify as distance powers.

Logan, Warren, and Marietta will cram alot of runners into the top 15. It will be interesting!

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

SErunner wrote:5k, I also pleased to see a good Logan program coming forward, but I think Warren and Marietta will return the best runners up front and that will make the difference.

I also saw some nice individual finishes by some of the schools that I wouldn't classify as distance powers.

Logan, Warren, and Marietta will cram alot of runners into the top 15. It will be interesting!

logan is going to have a good program for the next 3 years. logans whole team is young and when they get more raceing in they will be a team to beat then the seoal comes around.

WillyEtta09
Waterboy

Post by WillyEtta09 »

Marietta did lose a bunch with Wieferich, and the Murrays, but they've got a pretty good group coming back with Fobes, Wesel, Browne, and Wittekind, and they've also got Mitchell Grose coming up as a freshman. I do agree that Jared Cantley is probably the favorite to win, but I think Fobes and Wesel can give him a run, but it will be interesting! Good luck to all the SEOAL teams in track this year and in XC next year.

Return to “Cross Country”