SEOAL 2008

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Re: SEOAL 2008

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

richards should come in 2nd to mark. roush, cantley, kettering, and harlow need to step it in order for warren to have a shot to win! Lets go seniors, GO OUT ON TOP, get em fired up!!!! good luck warriors!!!

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Good luck Angels!!!

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Gallia girls edge Marietta - 1. P. Adkins, 2. L. Atkins 3. T. Grove 4. H. Richards

Warren boys shock Marietta (26-29) 1. Weif, 2. Richards 3. Harlow, 4. Murray 5. Roush

Marietta and Warren's boys took the top 12 spots.

Roush, Harlow, Cantley, and Kettering from Warren - did indeed step it up! Nice job boys, your performance today was more on par with your capabilites. Keep the mojo rolling into districts, and regionals and let the chips fall where they may!!!

Congrats to Warren's boys and Gallia's girls - great, great team efforts in both races!

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Warren boys did an AMAZING job.

With Warren beating Marietta in 06' by 1 point.

Then Marietta winning in 07' by 1 point.

And this year separated by three.

This is an incredible rivalry. These are the kind of teams make XC
entertaining to watch.

Congratulations Warren and Gallia Academy.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

I just posted the results at this link: http://www.baumspage.com/cc/seoal/index.htm

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Congrats Blue Angels, Warren boys, and Weif. Question....I know they said the middle school race was 3400M, was the high school race a 5K? Good luck to all the SEOAL teams as they go into the post season!!!

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Now - it is in fact a 5K. Coach has measured the course several times. The deal is this - it is almost all uphill, there are a lot of "hidden" almost unnoticeable, gradual grades to go along with the steep hills and the creek crossings - that make it a very "testy" course.

It seems to be at least 45 secs slower than most XC courses. I have overheard kids complaining about those "little bumps" at Pickerington - I wonder what those kids would think of Warren's course?

It was a very good league meet today. Congratulations to all the teams and coaches who participated, and good luck as you go on to districts and hopefully beyond!

JoeRoberts
Waterboy

Post by JoeRoberts »

In talking to Coach, the junior high race was 3400m to make it a logical breaking point at the creek and the bridge. They wanted to try and make the HS and MS course as common as possible with as little confusion as possible on where the jr hi broke off from the HS course. The HS course however, is/was right on 5000m. It's been measured several times over. With a long uphill at the start, and a long uphill to the finish, plus the uphills that follow right after the creek, it takes its toll. Plus it is not a rhythmn coursed, you are constantly changing gears thoughout to adjust to the terrain.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

This seemed like a pertty exciting race.
If anybody would of asked me who would win, I would of said Marietta on both sides.
But, Warren guys won and Gallias girls. I guess it helps when Gallia takes top two. Congrats to Lauren and Peyton for that.
Warrens team really looked like they came together and ran the best race they could. It was a two team race obvisouly and Warren edged em' out. Wes Richards had a sweet time and the 2-5 guys really steped it up.

Good Luck to those two teams going into Districts and Regionals!

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

It was a great day for xc in the seoal for warren gallia and marietta. marietta had 3 league champs counting girls and boys mid school. as i watched the girls race i knew gallia had come to run and run they did, our hats are off to them. they got us this year and they deserve winning. it was good to run against them. we wish them luck at districts and regional.... as for warren some one made the comment they got lucky.. luck had nothing to do with it. they beat us straight up. our hats are off to them also. what a great race that was. being on the loseing end smarts a little but you have to know that all those boys out there (marietta & warren) ran great races. marietta boys and girls hold your heads up. warren and gallia congrats...

JoeRoberts
Waterboy

Post by JoeRoberts »

I am assuming you meant individual titles as Warren also won junior high boys team race...it was a good healthy day overall for the SEOAL and the runners and teams participating.

I hate it when people say so and so team got lucky...that tarnishes everyones performance...that implies some people screwed up and some people didn't run well, tnhey just benefitted from someone else's mistakes or mishaps. If we apply that, then we have to go back and detract from what Marietta boys did last year (winning by 1) or what Warren boys did the year before that (Warren by 2). On could postulate lots of things, Warren didn't run one of their top 5, and another of their top 5 was out several days this past week with a pretty severe illness. I am sure all of the teams had their ups and downs not only in this race but across the season. Maybe Marietta had some illnesses as well, maybe they were in a different stage of training...who knows...that is the nature of the beast. They have had a good season, as has Warren, and Warren is starting to race better. Hopefully all of the teams and runners can continue to run well and advance to bigger and better things. I hope everyone out there can congratulate all of the participants and teams on efforts that were made Saturday, regardless of the outcome. I was at the meet, and I saw a couple hundred kids trying their best and giving their all, and that is what it is all about.

Born2Run
Waterboy

Post by Born2Run »

Great Job Angels!!!!! Good luck at Districts and Regionals!!!!!

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

marietta ran a great race! they are a great group of very talented runners and are very classy and have great sportsmanship! congrats to them for their performances! good luck to them at districts, regionals, and state!!!!!!

mxc08
Waterboy

Post by mxc08 »

And the same can be said for warrens team. These two teams have had a very competitive rivalry the past 4 years, and the respect has always been great between the runners. Its nice to see. Good luck to both teams in the post season.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

I enjoy the INTENSE and FRIENDLY rivalry between these two teams.

Return to “Cross Country”