WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Blue/92
Riding the Bench
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by Blue/92 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:21 pm

svac83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm
I am trying to say this lack of innovation is us working with what we have to work with. The problem is we have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but we can’t complete it because we are missing pieces.

We have a Line with a certain set of skills that don’t Mach those of our QB. We have weapons whose skills that do not match our QB.
Isn't it a coaches job to study his team and make adjustments to better the team? They ran basically the same offense as last season. The problem with that is they had 2 different types of backs last year and a QB that was willing to run the ball.



MR305
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MR305 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 pm

svac83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm
I am trying to say this lack of innovation is us working with what we have to work with. The problem is we have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but we can’t complete it because we are missing pieces.

We have a Line with a certain set of skills that don’t Mach those of our QB. We have weapons whose skills that do not match our QB.
Those pieces are coming. This is the worst team Gallipolis will have over the next 4 years.



MR305
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MR305 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 pm

bevo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:22 pm
James Armstrong Gallipolis 5’ 9” 165lbs is being recruited by Div 1 schools? Proof please
I can give you all the proof you want moron. The kid is just now healing up from a torn MCL, he was having a great season up until that point. Please get your facts straight before you comment on something you know nothing about.



User avatar
GalliaGrad78
All State
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by GalliaGrad78 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:48 am

There is nothing to be gained by getting into an argument with a narcissist.



MrFirstTake
Varsity
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Ashland kentucky

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MrFirstTake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:06 am

MR305 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 pm
bevo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:22 pm
James Armstrong Gallipolis 5’ 9” 165lbs is being recruited by Div 1 schools? Proof please
I can give you all the proof you want moron. The kid is just now healing up from a torn MCL, he was having a great season up until that point. Please get your facts straight before you comment on something you know nothing about.
Yeah I just stopped replying to him.


if I didn’t get it, it wasn’t for me

MrFirstTake
Varsity
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Ashland kentucky

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MrFirstTake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 am

Ike Simmons played at Ohio university
Jt Howell morehead state


if I didn’t get it, it wasn’t for me

galliagrad89
Freshman Team
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:01 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by galliagrad89 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:19 am

MR305 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 pm
svac83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm
I am trying to say this lack of innovation is us working with what we have to work with. The problem is we have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but we can’t complete it because we are missing pieces.

We have a Line with a certain set of skills that don’t Mach those of our QB. We have weapons whose skills that do not match our QB.
Those pieces are coming. This is the worst team Gallipolis will have over the next 4 years.
9-2 is not bad at all. I don't see GA doing better than 9-1 unless Ironton leaves the OVC. What pieces are coming that will improve that record?



greygoose
SEO
Posts: 2949
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by greygoose » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:54 pm

galliagrad89 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:19 am
MR305 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 pm
svac83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm
I am trying to say this lack of innovation is us working with what we have to work with. The problem is we have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but we can’t complete it because we are missing pieces.

We have a Line with a certain set of skills that don’t Mach those of our QB. We have weapons whose skills that do not match our QB.
Those pieces are coming. This is the worst team Gallipolis will have over the next 4 years.
9-2 is not bad at all. I don't see GA doing better than 9-1 unless Ironton leaves the OVC. What pieces are coming that will improve that record?
I kind of took it as pieces were coming to improve the team and make the team better, not necessarily the record kind of hard to top 9-1. From watching them Saturday night I think if they really work on line play, being physical and getting a bit more creative in the play calling area with Armstrong back should be solid again.



SEOP2001
Waterboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by SEOP2001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 pm

svac83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:08 pm
bevo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 am
Wow, hate to say told ya so!! Another team that had no business in the playoffs, beating Div 5 and 6 schools in league. The AD needs to go look for div 3 and 4 playoff caliber teams to schedule, that way we can find out if we are playoff caliber. Right our league is like a high school senior going down to jr high beating up on 14 yr olds and strutting. Were 2 times bigger than a lot of the teams we play in league. Also Pt Pleasant is not a lot bigger school than Gallipolis. Lol Ga averages 145 students per class Pt Pleasant averages 180.
I have had 3 kids graduate in last 5 years none of them had a graduating class of over 130. My daughter’s class barely had 110
If you look at the official enrollment numbers, GA has 546 students in 9-12. Point Pleasant has 902 students 9-12



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by Fonzie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:21 am

SEOP2001 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 pm
svac83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:08 pm
bevo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 am
Wow, hate to say told ya so!! Another team that had no business in the playoffs, beating Div 5 and 6 schools in league. The AD needs to go look for div 3 and 4 playoff caliber teams to schedule, that way we can find out if we are playoff caliber. Right our league is like a high school senior going down to jr high beating up on 14 yr olds and strutting. Were 2 times bigger than a lot of the teams we play in league. Also Pt Pleasant is not a lot bigger school than Gallipolis. Lol Ga averages 145 students per class Pt Pleasant averages 180.
I have had 3 kids graduate in last 5 years none of them had a graduating class of over 130. My daughter’s class barely had 110
If you look at the official enrollment numbers, GA has 546 students in 9-12. Point Pleasant has 902 students 9-12
Please keep in mind that schedules are made years in advance. Contracts are signed agreeing to play for so many years. If you drop that opponent, breaking the contract, you will have to cough up money. Furthermore, the schedule that the Blue Devils had this year, was scheduled when the team was lucky to win a game or two 3-5 years ago. Some of the people harping about schedules need to have a clue how it actually works.



THEbuckeyes
Riding the Bench
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by THEbuckeyes » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 am

Howard Miami Ohio
Eachus Ohio State
Eich Miami ohio
Simmons Ohio
Simmons Ball State JUCO in Chicago before that
Mullins Marshall
Kiskis Marshall
Fallion Marshall
Beaver Marshall
Howell Morehead State
Saunders Morehead State
Deckard Morehead State
Niday Morehead State
Haggerty Kentucky
Golden Cincinnati
Doolittle Tulane
Wamsley Morehead State
Rumley Marshall
Garnes Youngstown State

I know there was a linemen who went to Iowa and I can not think of his name around same time as Eachus......
I am sure I am missing some but this was off the top of my head..... I am not saying they started stayed 4 years or played a snap this is just where these people signed and went to school maybe a day maybe 5 years but they went to play football at a D-1 school



MrFirstTake
Varsity
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Ashland kentucky

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MrFirstTake » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am

THEbuckeyes wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 am
Howard Miami Ohio
Eachus Ohio State
Eich Miami ohio
Simmons Ohio
Simmons Ball State JUCO in Chicago before that
Mullins Marshall
Kiskis Marshall
Fallion Marshall
Beaver Marshall
Howell Morehead State
Saunders Morehead State
Deckard Morehead State
Niday Morehead State
Haggerty Kentucky
Golden Cincinnati
Doolittle Tulane
Wamsley Morehead State
Rumley Marshall
Garnes Youngstown State

I know there was a linemen who went to Iowa and I can not think of his name around same time as Eachus......
I am sure I am missing some but this was off the top of my head..... I am not saying they started stayed 4 years or played a snap this is just where these people signed and went to school maybe a day maybe 5 years but they went to play football at a D-1 school
Thanks a lot for posting this I knew gallia wasn’t lacking in athletes I played there and ironton both I’ve seen what both schools athletes are like and there’s not much apart seriously Dustin winters - VMI also


if I didn’t get it, it wasn’t for me

MrFirstTake
Varsity
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Ashland kentucky

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MrFirstTake » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:04 am

And even though Austrian king didn’t go division1 football he was drafted to the mlb from high school and he played with the older Golden Jeff, Rumley, and haggerty that gallia team was pretty good


if I didn’t get it, it wasn’t for me

THEbuckeyes
Riding the Bench
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by THEbuckeyes » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 am

MrFirstTake wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am
THEbuckeyes wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 am
Howard Miami Ohio
Eachus Ohio State
Eich Miami ohio
Simmons Ohio
Simmons Ball State JUCO in Chicago before that
Mullins Marshall
Kiskis Marshall
Fallion Marshall
Beaver Marshall
Howell Morehead State
Saunders Morehead State
Deckard Morehead State
Niday Morehead State
Haggerty Kentucky
Golden Cincinnati
Doolittle Tulane
Wamsley Morehead State
Rumley Marshall
Garnes Youngstown State

I know there was a linemen who went to Iowa and I can not think of his name around same time as Eachus......
I am sure I am missing some but this was off the top of my head..... I am not saying they started stayed 4 years or played a snap this is just where these people signed and went to school maybe a day maybe 5 years but they went to play football at a D-1 school
Thanks a lot for posting this I knew gallia wasn’t lacking in athletes I played there and ironton both I’ve seen what both schools athletes are like and there’s not much apart seriously Dustin winters - VMI also

I knew Winters went to Tiffin with Johnson and Keeney couldn't think of where he went before he transfered. I also know Perry was running track at Marshall at that time also.

Evans Marshall
Peyton Ohio
Jones Ohio
a couple more



MrFirstTake
Varsity
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Ashland kentucky

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by MrFirstTake » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:19 am

Yeah idk why Bevo was downplaying the gallia athletes they definitely have had plenty good ones over the years.


if I didn’t get it, it wasn’t for me

svac83
S
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by svac83 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm

The problem with Gallia academy this year is the pieces don't fit together. If the pieces don't fit together, your not ever going to look dynamic or complete. For starters yes gallia academy has athletes i agree. But let's look at running back who do you have that you can really hand the ball to 20 times a game and pound it. Armstrong has gotten a lot stronger but if the y continue to try to use him as a feature back. He is going to continue to have physical problems. He is a great kid athlete and football player but he is not a natural running back.

Lets look at all the athletic talent we have. those are the kind of receivers that you cant really throw 50/50 balls to they are almost all smaller then the defender guarding them. They need to run a lot of rub routes and quick slants. The problem with that is you need a QB with a quick release. We don't have that. Or you need to run them deep for separation we don't have a great pass blocking line.

we have a drop back pro style QB but don't really have any kids that match that kind of offense.

We have blockers who block best doing traps and pin and pull blocking but have speed backs and a QB that is not a running threat. If you cannot see that these pieces do not fit then i don't understand. If you watch preseason we tried pitch plays and different ways to get the ball to people in space but we didn't do any of them well.

Now the best part is kids will get bigger we can work on different blocking patterns we can work on QB release.

But basically we were stuck running certain repeatable plays because that is what we are capable of running against good teams.



Blue/92
Riding the Bench
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by Blue/92 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 pm

svac83 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm
The problem with Gallia academy this year is the pieces don't fit together. If the pieces don't fit together, your not ever going to look dynamic or complete. For starters yes gallia academy has athletes i agree. But let's look at running back who do you have that you can really hand the ball to 20 times a game and pound it. Armstrong has gotten a lot stronger but if the y continue to try to use him as a feature back. He is going to continue to have physical problems. He is a great kid athlete and football player but he is not a natural running back.

Lets look at all the athletic talent we have. those are the kind of receivers that you cant really throw 50/50 balls to they are almost all smaller then the defender guarding them. They need to run a lot of rub routes and quick slants. The problem with that is you need a QB with a quick release. We don't have that. Or you need to run them deep for separation we don't have a great pass blocking line.

we have a drop back pro style QB but don't really have any kids that match that kind of offense.

We have blockers who block best doing traps and pin and pull blocking but have speed backs and a QB that is not a running threat. If you cannot see that these pieces do not fit then i don't understand. If you watch preseason we tried pitch plays and different ways to get the ball to people in space but we didn't do any of them well.

Now the best part is kids will get bigger we can work on different blocking patterns we can work on QB release.

But basically we were stuck running certain repeatable plays because that is what we are capable of running against good teams.
Personally I believe #2 would have benefited the run game if he was used as a TE and FBPlus that would have been another guy with size on the line to help block in the passing game.

Why are we not trying to develop the QB into what our offense is based on then?



greygoose
SEO
Posts: 2949
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by greygoose » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:39 pm

svac83 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm
The problem with Gallia academy this year is the pieces don't fit together. If the pieces don't fit together, your not ever going to look dynamic or complete. For starters yes gallia academy has athletes i agree. But let's look at running back who do you have that you can really hand the ball to 20 times a game and pound it. Armstrong has gotten a lot stronger but if the y continue to try to use him as a feature back. He is going to continue to have physical problems. He is a great kid athlete and football player but he is not a natural running back.

Lets look at all the athletic talent we have. those are the kind of receivers that you cant really throw 50/50 balls to they are almost all smaller then the defender guarding them. They need to run a lot of rub routes and quick slants. The problem with that is you need a QB with a quick release. We don't have that. Or you need to run them deep for separation we don't have a great pass blocking line.

we have a drop back pro style QB but don't really have any kids that match that kind of offense.

We have blockers who block best doing traps and pin and pull blocking but have speed backs and a QB that is not a running threat. If you cannot see that these pieces do not fit then i don't understand. If you watch preseason we tried pitch plays and different ways to get the ball to people in space but we didn't do any of them well.

Now the best part is kids will get bigger we can work on different blocking patterns we can work on QB release.

But basically we were stuck running certain repeatable plays because that is what we are capable of running against good teams.
Honestly from what I watched against Waverly that's a pretty darn good summary. QB who's in the shotgun already simply kept backing up there was multiple times I seen him throwing the ball 10-12 yards behind the line of scrimmage and that's when he wasn't pressured, that's simply to far of a throw for any QB. What you described is a team that should really look into using more I-formation sets, whether that's with 3-WRs or 2 WRs and a TE whichever the case might be. Get your guys going down hill blocking and get Armstrong a lead blocker. WR standpoint QB can throw the slant, the out, curl, utilize some PA to allow WRs time to get into the routes and use screens to slow down the pass rush. You can mix in some spread but from what I seen it was more of a team that needed to use counters and traps and just more downhill stuff. Good luck but that was really a nice summary, another thing though have to get those guys up front going down hill, they were standing up at the snap instead of firing out and engaging.



svac83
S
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by svac83 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Blue/92 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 pm
svac83 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm
The problem with Gallia academy this year is the pieces don't fit together. If the pieces don't fit together, your not ever going to look dynamic or complete. For starters yes gallia academy has athletes i agree. But let's look at running back who do you have that you can really hand the ball to 20 times a game and pound it. Armstrong has gotten a lot stronger but if the y continue to try to use him as a feature back. He is going to continue to have physical problems. He is a great kid athlete and football player but he is not a natural running back.

Lets look at all the athletic talent we have. those are the kind of receivers that you cant really throw 50/50 balls to they are almost all smaller then the defender guarding them. They need to run a lot of rub routes and quick slants. The problem with that is you need a QB with a quick release. We don't have that. Or you need to run them deep for separation we don't have a great pass blocking line.

we have a drop back pro style QB but don't really have any kids that match that kind of offense.

We have blockers who block best doing traps and pin and pull blocking but have speed backs and a QB that is not a running threat. If you cannot see that these pieces do not fit then i don't understand. If you watch preseason we tried pitch plays and different ways to get the ball to people in space but we didn't do any of them well.

Now the best part is kids will get bigger we can work on different blocking patterns we can work on QB release.

But basically we were stuck running certain repeatable plays because that is what we are capable of running against good teams.
Personally I believe #2 would have benefited the run game if he was used as a TE and FBPlus that would have been another guy with size on the line to help block in the passing game.

Why are we not trying to develop the QB into what our offense is based on then?
Blue 92 I agree with everything you said here. I believe there is a lot of reasons and none of them I would want to discuss on here.

But bottom line is I. That area the coaching failed this year.



THEbuckeyes
Riding the Bench
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by THEbuckeyes » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 pm

svac83 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:20 pm
Blue/92 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 pm
svac83 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm
The problem with Gallia academy this year is the pieces don't fit together. If the pieces don't fit together, your not ever going to look dynamic or complete. For starters yes gallia academy has athletes i agree. But let's look at running back who do you have that you can really hand the ball to 20 times a game and pound it. Armstrong has gotten a lot stronger but if the y continue to try to use him as a feature back. He is going to continue to have physical problems. He is a great kid athlete and football player but he is not a natural running back.

Lets look at all the athletic talent we have. those are the kind of receivers that you cant really throw 50/50 balls to they are almost all smaller then the defender guarding them. They need to run a lot of rub routes and quick slants. The problem with that is you need a QB with a quick release. We don't have that. Or you need to run them deep for separation we don't have a great pass blocking line.

we have a drop back pro style QB but don't really have any kids that match that kind of offense.

We have blockers who block best doing traps and pin and pull blocking but have speed backs and a QB that is not a running threat. If you cannot see that these pieces do not fit then i don't understand. If you watch preseason we tried pitch plays and different ways to get the ball to people in space but we didn't do any of them well.

Now the best part is kids will get bigger we can work on different blocking patterns we can work on QB release.

But basically we were stuck running certain repeatable plays because that is what we are capable of running against good teams.
Personally I believe #2 would have benefited the run game if he was used as a TE and FBPlus that would have been another guy with size on the line to help block in the passing game.

Why are we not trying to develop the QB into what our offense is based on then?
Blue 92 I agree with everything you said here. I believe there is a lot of reasons and none of them I would want to discuss on here.

But bottom line is I. That area the coaching failed this year.

I agree with all the points made above I think by changing just a few players positions and a change at who is calling plays. This team could have been playing a couple more weeks. I think they need to get more physical as a team also. But if we stick with a QB who is the slowest player on the field we need to teach him to read the D better so he can throw with anticipation not wait and then get happy feet back there when pressure comes. I will also keep most of my opinions to my self but one more quick rant the O-line and D-line stance is awful along with LB's not making first step forward. That is all for now lol



Post Reply

Return to “Football”