More TVC Discussion

User avatar
Howard Cosell
JV Team
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am
Location: The city that never sleeps.... Dexter, Ohio!

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Howard Cosell » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm
Ground Buck wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Do the right thing and leave the TVC
Seriously?

You ASKED Athens to leave its league. You INVITED Athens to join the TVC.

Now that their former league has disbanded, you want them to do "the right thing" and leave?

How about this: maybe you guys should have "done the right thing" and not even asked???

Don't be mad at Athens or think it's their fault. Call up the administrators who voted to make it happen and complain to them.
I seriously doubt ground Buick asked Athens to do anything lol

But I find it interesting the way you responded. So does that mean if the tvc would ask Athens to leave that they would pack their crap and go?


This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9225
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Ground Chuck is just mad because Athens lost to awful Logan and it cost the Buckeyes the playoffs. NY would have won state since they were healthy now



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 13190
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 pm

Howard Cosell wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm
Ground Buck wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Do the right thing and leave the TVC
Seriously?

You ASKED Athens to leave its league. You INVITED Athens to join the TVC.

Now that their former league has disbanded, you want them to do "the right thing" and leave?

How about this: maybe you guys should have "done the right thing" and not even asked???

Don't be mad at Athens or think it's their fault. Call up the administrators who voted to make it happen and complain to them.
I seriously doubt ground Buick asked Athens to do anything lol

But I find it interesting the way you responded. So does that mean if the tvc would ask Athens to leave that they would pack their crap and go?
No, because I have watched a lot of the games (boys & girls) and know Athens doesnt dominate like some would like to believe. You take away Burrows class (which is the best in the history of the school) and Athens really hasnt won much at all.



User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 4089
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Dundas » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:35 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 pm
Howard Cosell wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm


Seriously?

You ASKED Athens to leave its league. You INVITED Athens to join the TVC.

Now that their former league has disbanded, you want them to do "the right thing" and leave?

How about this: maybe you guys should have "done the right thing" and not even asked???

Don't be mad at Athens or think it's their fault. Call up the administrators who voted to make it happen and complain to them.
I seriously doubt ground Buick asked Athens to do anything lol

But I find it interesting the way you responded. So does that mean if the tvc would ask Athens to leave that they would pack their crap and go?
No, because I have watched a lot of the games (boys & girls) and know Athens doesnt dominate like some would like to believe. You take away Burrows class (which is the best in the history of the school) and Athens really hasnt won much at all.
I did the math last year and I can’t remember the exact number, but I believe Athens has won around 80% of all sports championships since joining the TVC. I got the number by counting the championship years on the banners at AHS during the Shriners Preview last winter.



dilligaf
S
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 am

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by dilligaf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am

With that many kids to chose from they should win them all.



dilligaf
S
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 am

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by dilligaf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:44 am

NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:29 pm
I feel like I’m the only person that likes Athens in the TVC... lol but I absolutely do not like three divisions. Have been saying that for a good bit now. I agree with the folks saying River Valley should go to the Hocking. For the Ohio it’s really just a simple as adding one team or just leaving it alone in my mind. I think Oak Hill, Marietta or Warren is all good candidates. Marietta would be my vote but I would be fine with any one of the three.
Hocking dont want r.v. the league is bad enough.



dilligaf
S
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 am

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by dilligaf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:48 am

I would almost say flip Trimble and ny Trimble to ohio ny to the hocking in football. Trimble would love a shot at them big points every year.Better yet leave ny in ohio bring athens to hocking. Athens schedule a few good none league games and make the play offs every year. :)



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 13190
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by 93Bulldog » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 am

dilligaf wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am
With that many kids to chose from they should win them all.
Athens doesn't have that many more kids than VC! lol

In fact, Athens, Vinton County and Meigs were all in the D2 basketball sectional at Logan recently. That's almost half the league in one basketball sectional. It should have been an advantage with voting (seeding), but it didn't work out that way. :?



User avatar
Ground Buck
All Conference
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Ground Buck » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:12 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm
Ground Buck wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Do the right thing and leave the TVC
Seriously?

You ASKED Athens to leave its league. You INVITED Athens to join the TVC.

Now that their former league has disbanded, you want them to do "the right thing" and leave?

How about this: maybe you guys should have "done the right thing" and not even asked???

Don't be mad at Athens or think it's their fault. Call up the administrators who voted to make it happen and complain to them.
I was just horsing around. I love it that Athens is in the league. Of course we don't cry about it like the other Ohio Division teams, we just step up and kick your azses. :mrgreen:


Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1413
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Abe Froman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 am

Dundas wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm
Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am


That would work.
Athens wanting to drive what is probably 15 miles further to Oak Hill who has been in the SOC for a good while in lieu of asking Warren who has been begging for a place to land for 10 years is special.
Warren may be closer to Athens than Oak Hill but Oak Hill is, on average, closer for the TVC as a whole. That’s my biggest reasoning behind wanting the Oaks. VC plays warren in football starting next season and has played them in multiple sports over the years.
Alexander played Warren in football this year also, and I am sure plays basketball and baseball against them as well. NY-Alexander-Athens all have to be closer to Warren than Oak Hill. Reasoning makes zero sense to me. Want to poach a school from the SOC, but look the other way to invite Warren that literally would be a great rivalry with VC in basketball every year.



vcgrad
Freshman Team
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by vcgrad » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:10 am

Add Warren to the ohio side---maybe ask fort frye to hocking?? If Warren won't join I would ask Logan.



User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 4089
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Dundas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 am
Dundas wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm
Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm


Athens wanting to drive what is probably 15 miles further to Oak Hill who has been in the SOC for a good while in lieu of asking Warren who has been begging for a place to land for 10 years is special.
Warren may be closer to Athens than Oak Hill but Oak Hill is, on average, closer for the TVC as a whole. That’s my biggest reasoning behind wanting the Oaks. VC plays warren in football starting next season and has played them in multiple sports over the years.
Alexander played Warren in football this year also, and I am sure plays basketball and baseball against them as well. NY-Alexander-Athens all have to be closer to Warren than Oak Hill. Reasoning makes zero sense to me. Want to poach a school from the SOC, but look the other way to invite Warren that literally would be a great rivalry with VC in basketball every year.
Alexander, Vinton County, River Valley and Wellston are all closer to Oak Hill than Warren. Meigs is a few minutes closer to Warren as well as Athens and Ny.

Also, Warren Local school district doesn’t border any current TVC Ohio schools. Oak Hill borders Wellston, River Valley and Vinton County Local.



Poo Bear
SEOP
Posts: 3277
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Poo Bear » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:42 am

Dundas wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 am
Abe Froman wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 am
Dundas wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm


Warren may be closer to Athens than Oak Hill but Oak Hill is, on average, closer for the TVC as a whole. That’s my biggest reasoning behind wanting the Oaks. VC plays warren in football starting next season and has played them in multiple sports over the years.
Alexander played Warren in football this year also, and I am sure plays basketball and baseball against them as well. NY-Alexander-Athens all have to be closer to Warren than Oak Hill. Reasoning makes zero sense to me. Want to poach a school from the SOC, but look the other way to invite Warren that literally would be a great rivalry with VC in basketball every year.
Alexander, Vinton County, River Valley and Wellston are all closer to Oak Hill than Warren. Meigs is a few minutes closer to Warren as well as Athens and Ny.

Also, Warren Local school district doesn’t border any current TVC Ohio schools. Oak Hill borders Wellston, River Valley and Vinton County Local.
Oak Hill to the TVC Ohio , why is this so hard !



Dandy Don
Varsity
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Dandy Don » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Lol and the dead horse beating continues.

First, let's just be clear certain posters acting like Athens doesn't dominate football and using the tiresome argument that they have only won 1/2 or so of of their games against NY conveniently omits the fact that their other TVC opponents in football don't do so well year after year after year. Go back 10 years and count how many times someone not named the NY Buckeyes has beat them in football and let me know how many fingers you need. My guess is about 2-3 (although I didn't actually go back and do this exercise) but I think 1 or 2 to Alex and 1 to RV or Meigs. So ignoring NY this argument being made that they are not dominate is silly.

Second, the reason that Athens and/or VC want Oak Hill and not Warren is self-evident (also self-serving) and that sport has now started for both of them. They don't like losing to Big Blue in basketball.

Third, nothing is going to change even though I like some of the ideas being floated around to some degree so point 1 and 2 above is moot.

Carry on.



User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 4089
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Dundas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 am

Dandy Don wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am
Lol and the dead horse beating continues.

First, let's just be clear certain posters acting like Athens doesn't dominate football and using the tiresome argument that they have only won 1/2 or so of of their games against NY conveniently omits the fact that their other TVC opponents in football don't do so well year after year after year. Go back 10 years and count how many times someone not named the NY Buckeyes has beat them in football and let me know how many fingers you need. My guess is about 2-3 (although I didn't actually go back and do this exercise) but I think 1 or 2 to Alex and 1 to RV or Meigs. So ignoring NY this argument being made that they are not dominate is silly.

Second, the reason that Athens and/or VC want Oak Hill and not Warren is self-evident (also self-serving) and that sport has now started for both of them. They don't like losing to Big Blue in basketball.

Third, nothing is going to change even though I like some of the ideas being floated around to some degree so point 1 and 2 above is moot.

Carry on.

Oak Hill has a pretty good basketball program Dandy. Id put it right up there with Warren most years. Athens may not be able to beat the Warriors but VC has had a good bit of success against them in the tournament. Basketball has nothing to do with wanting OH over Warren. The terrible drive to Warren is why I’m on the Oaks side.



User avatar
Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 pm
Location: Tornado Alley

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Leave No Doubt » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:07 pm

OSU22 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:52 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:52 pm
OSU22 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 pm


^^^ The team isn't combined because of competitiveness though. That JR. high group of girls is VERY GOOD. Other factors.
Well we both know what the "other factors" are this year, but that doesn't explain years past when the girls have been combined.
We need to move down in every sport except football.
Oh no I totally agree. I'm 100% in favor. lol
NY is one of the biggest supporters we have for 3 divisions. They want away from Athens almost as bad as we want away from Thimble. I think with them having behind the scenes discussions with some of the Ohio teams and Waterford helping us do the same in the Hocking we'll eventually get it done. Until then, we're not voting on it. Once we no we have the votes we'll let it hit the floor for an official vote and approval.


LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!

User avatar
NY BUCK
Varsity
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by NY BUCK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm

NY does not want away from Athens, specially in Football. It’s a great rival that dates back way before they joined the TVC.



countywide35
SE
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by countywide35 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Ya all care if Logan and Jackson slip into this third division of the TVC????
You guys wouldn’t have to worry about Athens hangin a banner in the gym sport season after sport season.


2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H
Posts: 7213
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by NYBuckeye96 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am

NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm
NY does not want away from Athens, specially in Football. It’s a great rival that dates back way before they joined the TVC.
Exactly! In fact, if you look at NY's schedule since consolidation, you will find that NY is not afraid to play anyone.

How many schools the size of NY have played the likes of Logan (somewhat regularly), Columbus St. Charles and Alliance? And that's just off the top of my head.

And even when you look at the smaller schools NY has played, how many schools the size of NY actively seek out non conference games against the likes of Jackson, Ironton, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, Fort Frye, Trimble (every year), Newark Catholic, Waverly, Fairfield Union and Bishop Ready? (all also just off the top of my head). And this is on top of every conference game NY plays is against a school that is bigger than NY already.

How many other schools the size of NY can say something like this? Not many in southeastern Ohio, if any at all.

When you look at how good NY has been in football, imagine how many more games they could have won by playing more cream puffs. But that is not the philosophy of NY football.



User avatar
Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 pm
Location: Tornado Alley

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by Leave No Doubt » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 am

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am
NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm
NY does not want away from Athens, specially in Football. It’s a great rival that dates back way before they joined the TVC.
Exactly! In fact, if you look at NY's schedule since consolidation, you will find that NY is not afraid to play anyone.

How many schools the size of NY have played the likes of Logan (somewhat regularly), Columbus St. Charles and Alliance? And that's just off the top of my head.

And even when you look at the smaller schools NY has played, how many schools the size of NY actively seek out non conference games against the likes of Jackson, Ironton, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, Fort Frye, Trimble (every year), Newark Catholic, Waverly, Fairfield Union and Bishop Ready? (all also just off the top of my head). And this is on top of every conference game NY plays is against a school that is bigger than NY already.

How many other schools the size of NY can say something like this? Not many in southeastern Ohio, if any at all.

When you look at how good NY has been in football, imagine how many more games they could have won by playing more cream puffs. But that is not the philosophy of NY football.
Well, you might want to let your admin know then cause that's not the story they tell in the meetings.


LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!

Post Reply

Return to “Football”