2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

E High
Varsity
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by E High » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:53 pm

Don’t believe the visitors have much room



E High
Varsity
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by E High » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Haven’t been in visitors locker room for years. Sounds like the visitors locker room went from a small shoe box to a bigger shoe box. That’s just a small reason of the 3 listed above.



BobcatQB
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by BobcatQB » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:54 pm

E High wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:40 pm
3 comments. 1. Cambridge would have been fine with the smaller schools. Their current scheduling in football and basketball reflects that today. 2. It took the MVL 50 years to expand, don’t expect that to change soon. 3. Finally , Cambridge was not excepted into the league for various reasons.One reason left out is , supposedly, is their visitors locker room is very small and at one time in bad shape. Some teams supposedly dressed before they departed for Cambridge ?
So let me know who, outside of league opponents, on this basketball schedule fits your argument.

John Glenn
River View
Coshocton
Steubenville
Marietta
Dover
Philo
Zanesville
John Marshall
New Philadelphia High
River View
Carrollton
Meadowbrook
Coshocton
Meadowbrook
Marietta
Dover
Zanesville
Zanesville
Glen Oak
New Philadelphia
Maysville

and besides adding Union Local in football, who on our football schedule fits the argument? Keep in mind that we are currently in the ECOL Gray Division. Our current schedule reflects this change so what exactly are we supposed to do about it?

Look, I 100% wish we could compete with Dover/NP. But facts are no other teams around here can either in football. Our current enrollment is 227 boys compared to Dover's 353 and NP's 331...that doesn't help.



teach1coach2
All Conference
Posts: 787
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by teach1coach2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Tri-Valley tried to pick up New Philly or Dover for a non-league football series the next few years, but neither would do it. Tri-Valley has 307 boys. (Just thought I would mention that - not really part of this discussion.)



E High
Varsity
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by E High » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 am

Schedule looks better then last year. No F. Frye W. Muskingum Shenandoah.No business every playing them. Carrollton, J. Marshall G. Oak not good, but that happens. I believe they beat 1 team with a winning record last year (Shenandoah). Kinda like football this year (Warren). A once proud athletic program has a long way to recovery.



teach1coach2
All Conference
Posts: 787
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by teach1coach2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Schedules updated.



portsmouth_98
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by portsmouth_98 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:09 am

BobcatQB wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:34 am
E High wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 am
They think Cambridge and Zanesville are “city “ schools. MVL is not an option for either.
exactly..but the term they used is "inner city"..that's comical.
Is there a difference in racial populations between the schools?



MrFirstTake
All Conference
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Ashland kentucky

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by MrFirstTake » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:43 am

portsmouth_98 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:09 am
BobcatQB wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:34 am
E High wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 am
They think Cambridge and Zanesville are “city “ schools. MVL is not an option for either.
exactly..but the term they used is "inner city"..that's comical.
Is there a difference in racial populations between the schools?
Which schools Cambridge and zanesville compared to the other MVL schools


Dont gotta be woke when you wasn’t 😴 asleep

portsmouth_98
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by portsmouth_98 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 pm

MrFirstTake wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:43 am
portsmouth_98 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:09 am
BobcatQB wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:34 am


exactly..but the term they used is "inner city"..that's comical.
Is there a difference in racial populations between the schools?
Which schools Cambridge and zanesville compared to the other MVL schools
Yes



E High
Varsity
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by E High » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:01 am

Cambridge not as much. Some have moved and the Gene pool has mostly dried up. Neither school is near the Power they were 5-15 years ago.



E High
Varsity
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by E High » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:02 am

I apologize. Cambridge does play Shenandoah in basketball this year and supposedly Buckeye Trail in football next year instead of J. Glenn. Wow



BobcatQB
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by BobcatQB » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am

Slow down..why so much hatred? Trying to work out schedules w/ JG because of the MVL shakeup..they are on moving forward and should be next year..not finalized yet. Trail was on to replace JG but off again..for now it should be JG. Trail picked up Shadyside instead. The Zeps game was added late and will be on the schedule moving forward to honor Coach Ford and the schools where he coached. Obviously not in favor of that game until this was given as the reason.



E High
Varsity
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by E High » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Understandable. Just surprised how some schools are upgrading their schedules and some are downgrading to pad the schedule. Good luck to all the schools. It’s just high school sports, so schedules aren’t really a big deal.



teach1coach2
All Conference
Posts: 787
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by teach1coach2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm

The plan as of now if I understand correctly is Cambridge plays John Glenn week 2 in 2020 and then Cambridge starts playing Coshocton week 2 of 2021 with Cambridge and John Glenn starting up again week 1 of 2022.

So by 2022 Cambridge plays John Glenn, Coshocton, and Meadowbrook weeks 1-3. MVL teams only play each other weeks 4-10 starting in 2021 and beyond.



BobcatQB
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

Re: 2020 Muskingum Valley League Schedule (12 teams - 2 divisions)

Post by BobcatQB » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:53 am

teach1coach2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm
The plan as of now if I understand correctly is Cambridge plays John Glenn week 2 in 2020 and then Cambridge starts playing Coshocton week 2 of 2021 with Cambridge and John Glenn starting up again week 1 of 2022.

So by 2022 Cambridge plays John Glenn, Coshocton, and Meadowbrook weeks 1-3. MVL teams only play each other weeks 4-10 starting in 2021 and beyond.
Thanks Teach, that's the plan on our end.



Post Reply

Return to “Football”