(6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post Reply
LucasDavenport
SEOPS
Posts: 6208
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by LucasDavenport » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Didn’t create anything. It was an older man who couldn’t move. They didn’t factor in the game.

It was 51-7.

I believe there’s a difference in saying Refs are going to cheat and stating they can’t move.

He did have an excellent speaking voice

I apologize to you for ruining your “Refs are always a problem at Wheelersburg” narrative.

The league assigns the refs. There are no homers.


It’s all fun and games

Kicker.
Varsity
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Kicker. » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm

wobycat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm
Kicker. wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:06 pm
Waverly last won in Wheelersburg in 2001! Some of the kids on the team weren’t even alive! Hope it’s some added motivation for the team should be a dandy
I’ve had kids at this age. They aren’t motivated about anything except for playing and maybe food. Lol. Both teams will play hard regardless.

I would be motivated more to try and beat a team in the road for the first time in 18 years but that may just be me


A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

LucasDavenport
SEOPS
Posts: 6208
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by LucasDavenport » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Kicker. wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm
[quote=wobycat post_id=<a href="tel:1805565">1805565</a> time=<a href="tel:1570909657">1570909657</a> user_id=123]
[quote=Kicker. post_id=<a href="tel:1805539">1805539</a> time=<a href="tel:1570907199">1570907199</a> user_id=14238]
Waverly last won in Wheelersburg in 2001! Some of the kids on the team weren’t even alive! Hope it’s some added motivation for the team should be a dandy
I’ve had kids at this age. They aren’t motivated about anything except for playing and maybe food. Lol. Both teams will play hard regardless.
[/quote]


I would be motivated more to try and beat a team in the road for the first time in 18 years but that may just be me
[/quote]

Agreed. The chance to do something very special is all right there for Waverly. They definitely have the pieces in place to win this one.


It’s all fun and games

Giorgio Tsoukalous
Waterboy
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:27 pm

LucasDavenport wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:12 pm
Didn’t create anything. It was an older man who couldn’t move. They didn’t factor in the game.

It was 51-7.

I believe there’s a difference in saying Refs are going to cheat and stating they can’t move.

He did have an excellent speaking voice

I apologize to you for ruining your “Refs are always a problem at Wheelersburg” narrative.

The league assigns the refs. There are no homers.


No apology needed. It was your choice to call out the Waverly official and you have that right.



Westfan
SEO
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:16 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Westfan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Waverly is very talented offensively. As was said they have to protect the quarterback as he has no mobility. But if they do his accuracy throwing the football is impressive. Shoemaker is extremely quick and doesn't need much room. Waverly's defense does look improved.

Big thing is Mathews is probably the best player, but Waverly has players that can compete with him in space.



Giorgio Tsoukalous
Waterboy
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Thought this was interesting, if burg beats Waverly it looks like they would jump a 1 loss ironton team that beat them for the #2 spot in the region. I'd say that says a lot for burgs strength of schedule.



Jack Sparrow
JV Team
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Westfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 pm
Waverly is very talented offensively. As was said they have to protect the quarterback as he has no mobility. But if they do his accuracy throwing the football is impressive. Shoemaker is extremely quick and doesn't need much room. Waverly's defense does look improved.

Big thing is Mathews is probably the best player, but Waverly has players that can compete with him in space.
Good post. I do agree with athletes that can compete with 29, but I’ve never seen anyone catch him from behind or anyone catch him that has an angle on him.


#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

LucasDavenport
SEOPS
Posts: 6208
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by LucasDavenport » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:58 pm

On Friday night Valley struggled to make a first down in the first half. Waverly’s defense was much better than I anticipated — but I believe Wheelersburg’s advantage is definitely their new found downhill running attack featuring Matthews and Horsley.

I’m not sure how Burg’s defense matches up with Waverly’s offense. They should at least force Waverly to score from their own 25 by kicking out of the end zone.

Waverly’s kicker is tremendous on kickoffs so no advantage there.


It’s all fun and games

greygoose
SEO
Posts: 2547
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by greygoose » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Waverlys biggest hurdle will be Waverly, they can't repeat past mistakes, putting the ball on the ground throwing INT and getting to cute in play calling.



Westfan
SEO
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:16 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Westfan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 pm
Westfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 pm
Waverly is very talented offensively. As was said they have to protect the quarterback as he has no mobility. But if they do his accuracy throwing the football is impressive. Shoemaker is extremely quick and doesn't need much room. Waverly's defense does look improved.

Big thing is Mathews is probably the best player, but Waverly has players that can compete with him in space.
Good post. I do agree with athletes that can compete with 29, but I’ve never seen anyone catch him from behind or anyone catch him that has an angle on him.
What I mean is Waverly has the athletes to play man coverage on the outside and dedicate more hats to stop the run with Horsley out of the spread.

When Mathews gets loose it may be 15 yards instead of a long touchdown.



vladimir
All State
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by vladimir » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:29 pm

LucasDavenport wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:12 pm
The league assigns the refs. There are no homers.
Crab's Brother wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm
The SOC doesn't use an assigner for football.
The SOC doesn't assign crew to the games, it's the responsibility of the hosting school's AD to pick the crew. Nice try DUDE!



LucasDavenport
SEOPS
Posts: 6208
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by LucasDavenport » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:47 pm

vladimir wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:29 pm
LucasDavenport wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:12 pm
The league assigns the refs. There are no homers.
Crab's Brother wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm
The SOC doesn't use an assigner for football.
The SOC doesn't assign crew to the games, it's the responsibility of the hosting school's AD to pick the crew. Nice try DUDE!
Totally blows me away. My understanding was they’ve been using an assigner for years.


It’s all fun and games

scott1297
JV Team
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by scott1297 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm

#11 Maxie for Burg is who Waverly needs to stop that 17 yard td run was outstanding the stiff arm was awesome! Hopefully he gets to see the field a little more. He touched the ball twice and scored both times! I look for Burg to pressure Shanks Burgs D-line is very quick not very big but fast and aggressive. Burgs defense giving up a big play or 2 is what worries me. But Burgs coaching staff has done an excellent job at putting players in the right positions to be successful and it's starting to pay off the defense is starting to finally play pretty good. It's just every once in a while they seem to get out of position and give up a huge play. But I honestly think that was due to inexperience. And now 7 games into the season they are getting confident and experienced got a bunch of young talent that hasn't played varsity level that much until this year. Go Burg! and this is just my opinion about the team. I'm so looking forward to this game can't wait til friday! GO BURG! :D :D :D


Burg grad 85

Larry Fine
Freshman Team
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 7:32 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Larry Fine » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:54 pm

As I predicted. Wheelersburg will beat Oak Hill , then pound chests about how they’re back.
Waverly rolls in this one.



vladimir
All State
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by vladimir » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 pm

LucasDavenport wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:47 pm
vladimir wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:29 pm
LucasDavenport wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:12 pm
The league assigns the refs. There are no homers.
Crab's Brother wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm
The SOC doesn't use an assigner for football.
The SOC doesn't assign crew to the games, it's the responsibility of the hosting school's AD to pick the crew. Nice try DUDE!
Totally blows me away. My understanding was they’ve been using an assigner for years.
I agree, the SOC should assign the crews and I have no idea why they don't; however, this is not the case.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 18708
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm

scott1297 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm
#11 Maxie for Burg is who Waverly needs to stop that 17 yard td run was outstanding the stiff arm was awesome! Hopefully he gets to see the field a little more. He touched the ball twice and scored both times! I look for Burg to pressure Shanks Burgs D-line is very quick not very big but fast and aggressive. Burgs defense giving up a big play or 2 is what worries me. But Burgs coaching staff has done an excellent job at putting players in the right positions to be successful and it's starting to pay off the defense is starting to finally play pretty good. It's just every once in a while they seem to get out of position and give up a huge play. But I honestly think that was due to inexperience. And now 7 games into the season they are getting confident and experienced got a bunch of young talent that hasn't played varsity level that much until this year. Go Burg! and this is just my opinion about the team. I'm so looking forward to this game can't wait til friday! GO BURG! :D :D :D
Maxie getting carries? Dang



Jack Sparrow
JV Team
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm
scott1297 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm
#11 Maxie for Burg is who Waverly needs to stop that 17 yard td run was outstanding the stiff arm was awesome! Hopefully he gets to see the field a little more. He touched the ball twice and scored both times! I look for Burg to pressure Shanks Burgs D-line is very quick not very big but fast and aggressive. Burgs defense giving up a big play or 2 is what worries me. But Burgs coaching staff has done an excellent job at putting players in the right positions to be successful and it's starting to pay off the defense is starting to finally play pretty good. It's just every once in a while they seem to get out of position and give up a huge play. But I honestly think that was due to inexperience. And now 7 games into the season they are getting confident and experienced got a bunch of young talent that hasn't played varsity level that much until this year. Go Burg! and this is just my opinion about the team. I'm so looking forward to this game can't wait til friday! GO BURG! :D :D :D
Maxie getting carries? Dang
Hard to stop 6’6” 225lbs on a fade or a jet for that matter.


#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

scott1297
JV Team
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by scott1297 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm
scott1297 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm
#11 Maxie for Burg is who Waverly needs to stop that 17 yard td run was outstanding the stiff arm was awesome! Hopefully he gets to see the field a little more. He touched the ball twice and scored both times! I look for Burg to pressure Shanks Burgs D-line is very quick not very big but fast and aggressive. Burgs defense giving up a big play or 2 is what worries me. But Burgs coaching staff has done an excellent job at putting players in the right positions to be successful and it's starting to pay off the defense is starting to finally play pretty good. It's just every once in a while they seem to get out of position and give up a huge play. But I honestly think that was due to inexperience. And now 7 games into the season they are getting confident and experienced got a bunch of young talent that hasn't played varsity level that much until this year. Go Burg! and this is just my opinion about the team. I'm so looking forward to this game can't wait til friday! GO BURG! :D :D :D
Maxie getting carries? Dang
Yeah he sure did on an end around play granted it was late in the game but there was no way he was gonna be denied!


Burg grad 85

scott1297
JV Team
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by scott1297 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Larry Fine wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:54 pm
As I predicted. Wheelersburg will beat Oak Hill , then pound chests about how they’re back.
Waverly rolls in this one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Burg grad 85

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Posts: 3887
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 33x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: (6-1) Waverly @ (4-3) Wheelersburg.... GAME OF THE WEEK

Post by Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Larry Fine wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:54 pm
As I predicted. Wheelersburg will beat Oak Hill , then pound chests about how they’re back.
Waverly rolls in this one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W

Post Reply

Return to “Football”