Pennsylvania Bill Introduced To Separate Public and Private Schools State Championships

radiodavel
Waterboy

Pennsylvania Bill Introduced To Separate Public and Private Schools State Championships

Post by radiodavel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2019 ... mpionships

Omega
SE

Re: Pennsylvania Bill Introduced To Separate Public and Private Schools State Championships

Post by Omega » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 pm

My unpopular opinion is that it impossible to regulate or legislate equality of result. Such efforts encourage mediocrity instead of promoting excellence. Trophies should be earned and not handed out as an entitlement.

Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

Kicker.
JV Team

Re: Pennsylvania Bill Introduced To Separate Public and Private Schools State Championships

Post by Kicker. » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Omega wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 pm
My unpopular opinion is that it impossible to regulate or legislate equality of result. Such efforts encourage mediocrity instead of promoting excellence. Trophies should be earned and not handed out as an entitlement.

I feel that it’s a motivating factor to go out and beat these private schools, that and along with that fact it just couldn’t work out separating private and public

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

toast
All State

Post by toast » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 am

It is at least an acknowledgment that the current situation is completely unfair and out of wack. Publics and privates play by very different rules when it comes to enrollment. And it certainly affects who walks through their front door.

No one I know wants complete equality. But we can and should take steps to level the playing field. We can do better than the current state.

The best way to encourage "excellence" would be to level the playing field. Then and only then would success come down to work ethic, effort, passion and determination.

Return to “Football”