5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 17467
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by mattash » Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 am

What a matchup. A couple lights out pitchers going at it.



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by ManitouDan2 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Shawnee recruited Kati White really hard , excellent P and swings a mean bat . She stayed in the mid south conference and signed with Cumberlands Ky .



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:34 pm

6-5 Fairfield in the bottom of 5 . Burg D has been generous so far



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Fairfield adds two runs on 1 hit in the top of 7 .. to the bottom of 7 at 8-5



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Anyone have a ND - Waterford update ?



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:58 pm

8-5 final burg gets upset



longball
Waterboy
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by longball » Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 pm

delete due to hurt feelings
Last edited by longball on Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Prime Time
All Conference
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Prime Time » Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Congrats to Fairfield. It seems to me the better team did win this one.8-5



rocket20
Freshman Team
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by rocket20 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Exactly what I was thinking



longball
Waterboy
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by longball » Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Fairfield had 1 earned run I believe. Ok so today they were the better team.
Last edited by longball on Sat May 18, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.



KSW
Riding the Bench
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by KSW » Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm

The girl from Oak Hill has a big D1 swing. Fairfield wins 5th district title in a row.



longball
Waterboy
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by longball » Sat May 18, 2019 4:27 pm

KSW wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm
The girl from Oak Hill has a big D1 swing. Fairfield wins 5th district title in a row.
Hughes lives in burg now lol



Prime Time
All Conference
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Prime Time » Sat May 18, 2019 4:40 pm

It only matters today, throw out every other day . 5 district titles says a lot, your not playing Scioto County teams . 8 runs scores says a lot to me , maybe defense and pitching met up with pitching and a better defense today. Ironton I believe will win regional in the end.



captainmorgan_
Freshman Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by captainmorgan_ » Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Wheelersburg had a bad day. Anyone who knows that team knows what happened today was uncharacteristic of them. Hats off to Fairfield for putting up a fight and taking advantage of the defensive mistakes.



captainmorgan_
Freshman Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by captainmorgan_ » Sat May 18, 2019 10:01 pm

longball wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:27 pm
KSW wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm
The girl from Oak Hill has a big D1 swing. Fairfield wins 5th district title in a row.
Hughes lives in burg now lol
Hughes is one of the best. Haven’t seen a better bat around.



Burgball#1
Riding the Bench
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Burgball#1 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Prime Time wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:40 pm
It only matters today, throw out every other day . 5 district titles says a lot, your not playing Scioto County teams . 8 runs scores says a lot to me , maybe defense and pitching met up with pitching and a better defense today. Ironton I believe will win regional in the end.
You do have a point if that was the only teams we played, take a look at the schedule and you will see that it's not a easy one at all.



nwalkerwestern
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by nwalkerwestern » Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 pm

Fairfield showed they were the better team against wheelersburg. Defense and pitching did a better job. Errors was on them. For a team that has always been a d4 team, and then play d3 schools shows they can compete. Also district champions and played in regionals before, I hope Fairfield wins. For a small school they held there own. . Go Fairfield. Credit to this team . It doesn't matter records, it's who shows up and plays. Fairfield won so that makes them the better team.



fbnut
SE
Posts: 2081
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by fbnut » Sun May 19, 2019 7:39 pm

nwalkerwestern wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Fairfield showed they were the better team against wheelersburg. Defense and pitching did a better job. Errors was on them. For a team that has always been a d4 team, and then play d3 schools shows they can compete. Also district champions and played in regionals before, I hope Fairfield wins. For a small school they held there own. . Go Fairfield. Credit to this team . It doesn't matter records, it's who shows up and plays. Fairfield won so that makes them the better team.
Doesn’t really matter if the burg would beat Fairfield 9 out of 10 if that one Fairfield win was tourney time. Burg can hit but there pitching and D were good but not great.



Prime Time
All Conference
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Prime Time » Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Fairfield is very solid but without the over hyped fan base.



Prime Time
All Conference
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Prime Time » Sun May 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Fairfield and Ironton will be great game. Good luck to both , how much hype will be in this pre game



JTEK
Varsity
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by JTEK » Mon May 20, 2019 7:12 am

Prime Time wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:41 pm
Fairfield and Ironton will be great game. Good luck to both , how much hype will be in this pre game
Hopefully not enough so that there fan bases will be labeled as “overhyped fan bases”



orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by orangeandblack98 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am

cant anyone admit that the burg had the most talent but just didnt show up this game. made mistakes that never seen this team make and pitching not as good as normal. just wasnt our day and best teams have those games unfortunate we waited for districts to have that game. fairfield goes on and burg does not i still dont buy they are the better team the burg beat themselves.



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by ManitouDan2 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm

talent on paper doesnt mean squat , they played the game , Fairfield outplayed them by a rather margin on that day , all other talk is just background noise. Just best to congratulate the winning team and move on .



Gopher
Varsity
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Gopher » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm
talent on paper doesnt mean squat , they played the game , Fairfield outplayed them by a rather margin on that day , all other talk is just background noise. Just best to congratulate the winning team and move on .
Well said Dan !



Sballbball24/7
Waterboy
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: 5/18 #1 SOC2 Champ Wheelersburg v #2 SHAC Champ Fairfield

Post by Sballbball24/7 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:11 pm

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm
talent on paper doesnt mean squat , they played the game , Fairfield outplayed them by a rather margin on that day , all other talk is just background noise. Just best to congratulate the winning team and move on .
Exactly..tourney time is win or go home..get over it



Post Reply

Return to “Softball”