this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post Reply
svac83
All State
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by svac83 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am

1. virginia
2. north carolina
3. LSU
4. michigan state michigan loser
5. kentucky
6. kansas
7. kansas state
8. houston/ cincinnatti loser
9. marquette
10. texas tech
11. wisconson
12. purdue
13. florida state
14. gonzaga
15. nevada
16. mississippi state
17. maryland
18. tennesse/ auburn loser
19. virginia tech
20. washington
21. iowa
22. oklahoma
23. seton hall
24. temple
25. UCF
26. VCU
27. louisville
28. UNC Greensboro
29. minnesota
30. ole miss
31. st. johns
32. belmont
33. TCU
34. syracuse
35. georgetown
36. ohio state

TCU, Syracuse, georgetown and ohio state would be last 4 in.
but this wil
i think if you believe it is tough to win on road anywhere and i believe it is. i think this would be the proper team in.
i am sure belmont and unc greensboro will be left out. but i think the quad system is a step in right direction.



Omega
SE
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by Omega » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:56 am

Your thoughts on this are as good as anyone's. The NCAA selection process is a riddle in a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Getting fair decisions when comparing apples and oranges is not easy. Another way to look at it though is to look at the conference tournaments as high school sectionals. Every D1 team has a chance to play and win a spot in the final 64.


Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

It will be interesting as always, to say the least. Some have the Buckeyes in as an 11 seed...others have them in a play-in for that seed.

PAC-12 has really stunk this year. Oregon thumps Washington by 20 last night to win the tournament. Does UW still get an at large????

Agree with the large majority of your selections. Belmont is still a ??? for me. We don't have too much longer to wait. Hell, some folks have my Noles as a 3 seed out west now...stay tuned folks.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by Chieftain2009 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Will be very interesting to watch here before too long. Just two more championship games being played right now in the Big Ten and American. All 4 of the teams playing right now are in the tournament (all are ranked). What they are playing for in these games is for their conferences auto bid, and where they will be seeded in the tournament.

I still think Washington gets in, even after getting boat rushed by Oregon. But, one of them is getting an average seed at best. The Pac 12 was a stinker this year. I was also pretty disappointed in the Big East as well.



OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Belmont in...TCU out

I kinda thought Arizona St v NC St instead of St. Johns

But what do I know???


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm

OHHS old timer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:48 pm
Belmont in...TCU out

I kinda thought Arizona St v NC St instead of St. Johns

But what do I know???
Belmont vs Temple sounds like an interesting matchup in the play-in games.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:51 pm

svac83 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am
1. virginia
2. north carolina
3. LSU
4. michigan state michigan loser
5. kentucky
6. kansas
7. kansas state
8. houston/ cincinnatti loser
9. marquette
10. texas tech
11. wisconson
12. purdue
13. florida state
14. gonzaga
15. nevada
16. mississippi state
17. maryland
18. tennesse/ auburn loser
19. virginia tech
20. washington
21. iowa
22. oklahoma
23. seton hall
24. temple
25. UCF
26. VCU
27. louisville
28. UNC Greensboro
29. minnesota
30. ole miss
31. st. johns
32. belmont
33. TCU
34. syracuse
35. georgetown
36. ohio state

TCU, Syracuse, georgetown and ohio state would be last 4 in.
but this wil
i think if you believe it is tough to win on road anywhere and i believe it is. i think this would be the proper team in.
i am sure belmont and unc greensboro will be left out. but i think the quad system is a step in right direction.
Other than UNC Greensboro and Georgetown....good picks!!!


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

OHHS old timer
S
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:52 pm

OHHS old timer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:51 pm
svac83 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am
1. virginia
2. north carolina
3. LSU
4. michigan state michigan loser
5. kentucky
6. kansas
7. kansas state
8. houston/ cincinnatti loser
9. marquette
10. texas tech
11. wisconson
12. purdue
13. florida state
14. gonzaga
15. nevada
16. mississippi state
17. maryland
18. tennesse/ auburn loser
19. virginia tech
20. washington
21. iowa
22. oklahoma
23. seton hall
24. temple
25. UCF
26. VCU
27. louisville
28. UNC Greensboro
29. minnesota
30. ole miss
31. st. johns
32. belmont
33. TCU
34. syracuse
35. georgetown
36. ohio state

TCU, Syracuse, georgetown and ohio state would be last 4 in.
but this wil
i think if you believe it is tough to win on road anywhere and i believe it is. i think this would be the proper team in.
i am sure belmont and unc greensboro will be left out. but i think the quad system is a step in right direction.
Other than UNC Greensboro and Georgetown....good picks!!!
And TCU


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

svac83
All State
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: this would be my NCAA at large bids but will never happen

Post by svac83 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:56 pm

I didn’t like TCU. But if I ran the quad system and put emphasis on raid wins they made it in.

The fact that Greensboro was the team kicked out by Oregon tells me I think the tourney getting back where it belongs.

There was a time in early 2000’s that we got about 8 to 10 mid majors in and I think the early rounds were a little better. Just my opinion.

I just think a team that is 25-5 and is like 12-2 in true road games even if there record in quad 1 and 2 is like 4-7
Makes a more competitive team.

Then say a Clemson out of ACC who is like 3-9 in true road games and like 8-12 in quad 1 and 2 games. I just don’t see that team playing well

Now a power team can be 7-13 in quad games if there close to .500 on road I would take that team over a mid major. I just think if they go to value road performance we will get the best games.

Now is the time for fun.



Post Reply

Return to “College Sports”