SEO

Re: SEOAL

Post by moonshine »

Put it to Bed! It is over!

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Raider6309 wrote:Does Parkersburg even have a league? I know South is in the Two Rivers Athletic Conference
Parkersburg is in the Mountain State Athletic Conference, but it is not by much of a choice. The conference is primarily along I-64 between Huntington and Charleston, and many of the outlier members well south of the main group of members left and Parkersburg tried to leave as well so that they could join Parkersburg South in the Two Rivers Athletic Conference (Primarily from Morgantown to Wheeling, but to leave the conference, they have to give 4 year notice and then be granted permission to leave after the 4 year exit period. The remaining members voted to reject Parkersburg's request to leave back in early 2015 and if Parkersburg just leaves immediately like some members did, Parkersburg would face a $5,000 exit fine and none of the conference teams would be allowed to schedule Parkersburg for a minimum of 4 years (they call it a scheduling "death penalty," which would have a significant impact on Parkersburg scheduling and playoffs/tournaments.

At one point, the conference was 16 members stretching from Huntinton to Bekley to Parkersburg, but after the fall of 2017, it'll be down to 11 members (some just wanted out, others dropped to D2 and had to move to a D2 conference) and Parkersburg and another school were intending on leaving, but I guess withdrew their intent to leave at a meeting in the summer keeping the conference at 11 members for now (29 schools are currently D1 in WV).

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

On a side note: I ran into the former Athens athletic director this week who was instrumental in the decision to join the TVC. He did all the work, research and was the one who made the presentation to the board. I asked him to come on my radio show weekdays on 970WATH and he said he'd love to. The guy has no ties to any school anymore and will tell it like it is - I look forward to having him on to find out ALL the reasons why Athens left the SEOAL and joined the TVC. Just from speaking with him for a few minutes, I can tell you the interview will be very interesting!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:On a side note: I ran into the former Athens athletic director this week who was instrumental in the decision to join the TVC. He did all the work, research and was the one who made the presentation to the board. I asked him to come on my radio show weekdays on 970WATH and he said he'd love to. The guy has no ties to any school anymore and will tell it like it is - I look forward to having him on to find out ALL the reasons why Athens left the SEOAL and joined the TVC. Just from speaking with him for a few minutes, I can tell you the interview will be very interesting!
Let me know when he's going to be on. Would love to hear his perspective.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Yeah other than that pointless Bulldog nonsense you talk about, I would love to hear this as well. Let us know sir

Live Like A Champion!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

loganlocos wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:On a side note: I ran into the former Athens athletic director this week who was instrumental in the decision to join the TVC. He did all the work, research and was the one who made the presentation to the board. I asked him to come on my radio show weekdays on 970WATH and he said he'd love to. The guy has no ties to any school anymore and will tell it like it is - I look forward to having him on to find out ALL the reasons why Athens left the SEOAL and joined the TVC. Just from speaking with him for a few minutes, I can tell you the interview will be very interesting!
Let me know when he's going to be on. Would love to hear his perspective.

Me too. I'll be sure to tune in.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

One, I would expect someone that "did all the work, research and was the one who made the presentation to the board" and "was instrumental to join the TVC" to probably, yes indeed, most likely still defend that position no matter what.

Two, I would expect "from speaking with him for a few minutes", that he will be on the air because it fits the narrative that we so often hear.

Will you ask him point blank why he didn't join Jackson in voting no for the expansion? And then follow up that question with why immediately thereafter it was time to leave, citing the expansion as problematic?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Forgot,

Three, it is irrelevant lol.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

doubleplay643 wrote:

One, I would expect someone that "did all the work, research and was the one who made the presentation to the board" and "was instrumental to join the TVC" to probably, yes indeed, most likely still defend that position no matter what.

Two, I would expect "from speaking with him for a few minutes", that he will be on the air because it fits the narrative that we so often hear.

Will you ask him point blank why he didn't join Jackson in voting no for the expansion? And then follow up that question with why immediately thereafter it was time to leave, citing the expansion as problematic?
Now Doubleplay you know Athens left the SEOAL because of the price of gas :roll: Which could be true but thats not the whole truth. IMO, Athens sports where getting beat-downs in all most every sport year in & out for the better part of the last 20 years. Out side of the parents, the fan base stop going to games. Therefor the school wasn't making enough money to support all of the sports and the busing. Then with the SEOAL wanting to add teams Athens knew it could not compete with on a yearly bases. The BOE and others had a dark alley meeting and decided the only way they could stop the bleeding and start putting butts back in the bleachers was to cut & run to a smaller, closer league of teams they had played back in the good ole days and that they could dominate.

AT THE RESERVATION
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Like I said, it will be interesting. I can tell you doubleplay, he 'may' defend the decision - but more likely just outline the reasons as to why. This guy, from what I noticed, doesn't really care a whole lot about Athens athletics at this point in his life. He's retired, has no ties to the school, still lives in Athens county - but I didn't even see him at any of the games when Burrow and Co. had all that success. I will ask him the tough questions and I guarantee he will tell like it is. I may or may not like the answers personally - but at least we'll have facts instead of all the garbage that gets thrown around all the time when it comes to this topic.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens saved 100,000 dollars switching league. Its easy to waste money when its not yours......Jackson and Logan

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens saved 100,000 dollars switching league. Its easy to waste money when its not yours......Jackson and Logan
Yes, and Donald Trump won the popular vote because according to him there were 2 million fraudulent votes.

In today's day and age you simply make a statement and whaaallllahh it is now therefor a FACT and TRUE.

So sure I believe your $100k claim whatever you say.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:Like I said, it will be interesting. I can tell you doubleplay, he 'may' defend the decision - but more likely just outline the reasons as to why. This guy, from what I noticed, doesn't really care a whole lot about Athens athletics at this point in his life. He's retired, has no ties to the school, still lives in Athens county - but I didn't even see him at any of the games when Burrow and Co. had all that success. I will ask him the tough questions and I guarantee he will tell like it is. I may or may not like the answers personally - but at least we'll have facts instead of all the garbage that gets thrown around all the time when it comes to this topic.
I don't think him having or him not having allegiance to Athens will be an issue. Just wonder how he will dissect a decision he made and argued for with the benefit of hindsight.

Most people (myself included) will defend something that was "their idea".

Honestly, in hindsight how do you argue with it, the move has and will continue it appears to work well for Athens and the TVC overall.

But his answer to not support Jackson in the "no" vote then turn around and use the expansion as a reason to leave will be interesting.

Let us know when he is scheduled so I can listen in to the broadcast.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Be nice to hear a person from Logan and Jackson from that meeting

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is the person that is being talked about, was he talking to the Athens board or league board? If it wasn't the league board Jackson and Logan have no direct info what was said at the meeting.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:Is the person that is being talked about, was he talking to the Athens board or league board? If it wasn't the league board Jackson and Logan have no direct info what was said at the meeting.
I'm guessing Meek

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Board members at Athens.

Athletic directors and coaches don't make decisions like moving to an entire different league. That is voted on by the school board.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

My questions to the powers that be from
Athens is this...
1. You vote for expansion then bolt to
Another league ...what's the thought process there ?
2. You vote "no" on Jackson entering the TVC ..the TVC stance is the TVC not looking to expand
3. You then turn around and vote "yes" for river valley to join ...

Just curious on as to why no to Jackson and yes to river valley ..

Im glad it worked out like it did , Jackson to the TVC would've been a bad idea on hindsight. They are now in a league with similar size schools (d3)

The TVC is and always will
Be a d5 type league .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poo Bear wrote:My questions to the powers that be from
Athens is this...
2. You vote "no" on Jackson entering the TVC ..the TVC stance is the TVC not looking to expand

Im glad it worked out like it did , Jackson to the TVC would've been a bad idea on hindsight. They are now in a league with similar size schools (d3)

Be a d5 type league .
That sent a D3 team to the state championship. ;)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Poo Bear wrote:My questions to the powers that be from
Athens is this...

Be a d5 type league .
The short answer is that the TVC didn't want another big school in the league. River Valley is a better fit competition wise.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”