23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Oaf wrote:bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....
I don't think we will see this poster again. :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Orange and Brown wrote:
The Oaf wrote:bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....
Nope, not a chance! :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

nc green wave wrote:After looking at the NC roster, knowing where the kids came from and doing the math..........NC would remain in D6 and not bump up to D5.

Is it still unfair?

If you haven't noticed more times than not when you win.....you also cheated. If your a private school it's because you recruited, if your a public school in a heavily populated area it's also because you recruit, sometimes it's because "you didn't play anybody," and if you can't get accused of any of these then it's because the other team "didn't play well," or it's "sure you won, but your team is dirty."

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
nc green wave wrote:After looking at the NC roster, knowing where the kids came from and doing the math..........NC would remain in D6 and not bump up to D5.

Is it still unfair?

If you haven't noticed more times than not when you win.....you also cheated. If your a private school it's because you recruited, if your a public school in a heavily populated area it's also because you recruit, sometimes it's because "you didn't play anybody," and if you can't get accused of any of these then it's because the other team "didn't play well," or it's "sure you won, but your team is dirty."
NY has played NC every year for several years now. While it's been a really competitive series NC has the edge overall. We never have and never will pull the Recruiting card on NC when we get beat.
I for one absolutely love playing NC. It is a great measuring stick (win or lose) and most years turns out to be a great game.
Most people can't just accept that they got beat. They always have to have an excuse.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Big cat
Freshman Team

Post by Big cat »

The Oaf wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
I hope bb didn't let you run them off. No running clock In the hp/Waterford game. Belleville and mccutheon both went over 100 yds. Nothing to be ashamed of.

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

Like I said in an earlier post N.C. is now healthy, this was the way they were playing in the early part of the season. In the preseason poll they were ranked in the top 5 in D-6. The schedule they had helped prepare them for this. Next years schedule is the a little different and it is a killer. They will probably stay in D-6 even with competitive balance because they were one boy over from D-7.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Big cat wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: I don't think we will see this poster again. :lol: :lol:
I hope bb didn't let you run them off. No running clock In the hp/Waterford game. Belleville and mccutheon both went over 100 yds. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Gonna take weeks to pluck all those feathers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

gils wrote:Like I said in an earlier post N.C. is now healthy, this was the way they were playing in the early part of the season. In the preseason poll they were ranked in the top 5 in D-6. The schedule they had helped prepare them for this. Next years schedule is the a little different and it is a killer. They will probably stay in D-6 even with competitive balance because they were one boy over from D-7.
Yes, NC is healthy but still missing two starters who went down with season ending injuries.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Somebody won and somebody lost. That's football. Not sure what all the yapping afterwards is about

wildcat2002
Waterboy

Post by wildcat2002 »

Yes football vs. football with Fort Frye vs. NC, but it isn't fair vs. fair. Public high schools can't consistently compete with private schools. Maybe some of the big public schools that are near larger municipalities such as Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Toledo, but in Southeastern Ohio we do not have a large municipality. Its kind of like a politician running for office, when it comes to making sports in Ohio fair and impartial, Appalachia just doesn't get noticed as much. Not nearly as many job opportunities here even with open enrollment. Kind of reminds me of the state funding system that has been ruled unconstitutional four times by the Ohio Supreme Court...they just turn a blind eye to the lower populated areas in the state. Cud dos to schools like Fort Frye and Waterford for being able to compete the way they have. By the way did you know that Waterford only has approximately 160 students at the high school alone and they don't recruit.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I could be way off, but I believe all of the schools in the M.A.C. are from small towns and they, for the most part have no problems in beating private schools, including the one in their own conference.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I could be way off, but I believe all of the schools in the M.A.C. are from small towns and they, for the most part have no problems in beating private schools, including the one in their own conference.
Pretty sure your NOT way off on that LCF 8-)
As a matter of fact you never hear anybody calling Delphos St Johns cheaters except for when the playoffs start and they happen to be in it. Point being it's never the other MAC schools crying.

Yelling cheater is the easy thing to do when you get beat. I'll never forget catching a playoff game that St Henry was in (mind you St Henry is the name of the darn town, NOT a private school lol) St Henry won and fans of the other team were honestly grumbling "cheating Catholic school, must be nice being able to recruit." True ignorance right there lol :mrgreen:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I don't see a lot of people calling NC "cheaters."

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Is recruiting legal? Didn't think so. So when people say they recruit they are saying they cheat lol

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Didn't realize that needed spelled out

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

So catholic schools don't recruit?

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

efarns wrote:I don't see a lot of people calling NC "cheaters."
Newark Catholic or for that matter DeSales, St. I, Moeller and the others are not cheating. No one is accusing them of that. I'd call it using a loophole in the way the OHSAA assigns schools to divisions that others would like to close, not to totally fix the issue, but to make it more fair.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

If the competitive balance proposal were actually in place NC would stay in D6 and not bump to D5. What now?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Crickets.......

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

The 2000 census put Newark at 45, 000 people and Beverly + Lowell + Lower Salem at less than 4500. The 44 best football prospects Iin Newark are sure to be better than the 22 best in our largest towns combined. To be sure, your team is good, but save the lecture.

Return to “Football”