Coshocton 34 Ironton 11

vladimir
S

Re: Reg 19 #6 Ironton (7-3) @ #3 Coshocton (8-1)

Post by vladimir »

What style of offense did Coshocton run? Any players that are standouts?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If anyone read the Ironton sport section Sunday you know why football is not the same in Ironton. The article head line reads there were no expectations for this years team. Something of that nature. I would suggest if you have not read it take some time to look up the article.

G&g
Waterboy

Post by G&g »

vladimir wrote:What style of offense did Coshocton run? Any players that are standouts?
Coshocton runs a Wing T. Several good athletes that work very well together as a unit.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Oak,

Tell us all exactly when Wheelersburg's quarterback went to school at Webster.....or even lived in Webster for that matter. I'll save you some time.....NEVER!

Remember...you can't believe everything you read on this site. Actually, most of it isn't true at all.

His father graduated from Webster in 1991. That doesn't mean his son is from Webster. SMH.....

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Game day wrote:If anyone read the Ironton sport section Sunday you know why football is not the same in Ironton. The article head line reads there were no expectations for this years team. Something of that nature. I would suggest if you have not read it take some time to look up the article.
I think that is pure sad if an Ironton newspaper actually put that into type. I think every one of the players and the true fans all expected a lot out of this group of kids. Heck, if the ball would have bounced the other way this team could easily have been 9-1 and without all of the injuries it's hard to tell how far this team would have gone. I have to say game one Ironton wasn't prepared and until the Chesepeake game, most of the kids didn't actually have their feet under them. We had a lot of young kids who hadn't played ball in a few years that were starters and many who were trying out new positions. Next year I believe will be even better, maybe a special group. Go Tigers!!!

Game day
All State

Re: Coshocton 34 Ironton 11

Post by Game day »

The new goal for the team is win the OVC. Which is ok but we have lowered the bar and when you do that the kids and the staff sink to that level.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have not read the article myself. anybody familiar with the program or played in ironton
knows they had 3 goals win the league, go undefeated, win state. it's that simple. I can't tell you about the new regime. but bob lutz would have given you grass drills for even letting this thought into your head. the goal has never been to just win a league, ovc, seoal, okac,etc.

I have no idea why an article like this ever went to print. sounds personal to me. fix your problems in house whatever they are, and get better, coaching, execution, training, weight training, desire. whatever it may be. handle these things internally and improve. and if any changes need made whatever they are, then make them and stand by them.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote:The new goal for the team is win the OVC. Which is ok but we have lowered the bar and when you do that the kids and the staff sink to that level.

you know better than this man. you're better than that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Game day wrote:The new goal for the team is win the OVC. Which is ok but we have lowered the bar and when you do that the kids and the staff sink to that level.

you know better than this man. you're better than that.
Reporting facts there is nothing wrong with that by the way Ironton has not won a none league game in 2 years. This staff has let the bar sink to the lowest level it has been at in 45 years. Both Bob Bruney and Bob Lutz would have not stood for what has happened to this program in the last 5 years. There needs to be a whole sale of changes to the staff and if Vass can't do it then get some else.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree bruney and lutz would never have put up with this. and you're exactly right about not winning any out of conference games. but I cannot fathom for even a minute their goal is to win the league only and be happy or content with that. changes definitely need made, but to what extent I will allow people above my pay raise to analyze that. whether it's different coaches, more weight training, more participation, being more accountable for off season workouts, not enough contact in practice, lack of discipline or whatever the case may be. it's obvious ironton still has the horses, and they can provide that right inside their walls, it's what can we do to get more out of the horses, and/or whoever is driving the wagon.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the past of ironton football , it's scheduling and success, multiple state titles, etc. are all I need to see to know that winning the ovc is not the main goal of the program. but that has been the case the last 2 years winning the league. the league overall needs to get stronger , not just ironton. the same issues for lack of success is league wide. not just ironton. these are all smaller districts but provide hard nosed ball players despite that. every staff and player must be more accountable for making their programs thrive. and that's just not happening at this time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the past of ironton football , it's scheduling and success, multiple state titles, etc. are all I need to see to know that winning the ovc is not the main goal of the program. but that has been the case the last 2 years winning the league. the league overall needs to get stronger , not just ironton. the same issues for lack of success is league wide. not just ironton. these are all smaller districts but provide hard nosed ball players despite that. every staff and player must be more accountable for making their programs thrive. and that's just not happening at this time.
You can't put Irontons downfall on the rest of the league. Ironton knew what they were getting into when they joined. The Tigers aren't drawing kids from around the area like they used to.

The first thing Ironton needs to do is get behind their coaches and quit calling for their heads after a loss.
Things will come around and Ironton will be winning playoff games before you know it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope you are right about ironton becoming a better program as has your team o n b.

but in no way was I blaming ironton's demise on the league. re-read my post my post was about the league being too widespread geographically. and as far as size wise Portsmouth and ironton were the 2 smaller school's in the league as we last know it. but the nearly 1,000 job losses at Armco aka ak steel, the railroads and the like have caused these communities to lose mass amounts of population.ironton's downward spiral win wise is because bob lutz is gone. he is the winningest ohio high school coach. so that speaks for itself. the thing now is getting the program back on track and beating their league games but their out of conference games as well with wheelersburg, Russell and Ashland, ky. these are key factors in being prepared for post season with 3 very fine football programs. ironton football will be back. but my post was about the seoal not ironton. it was just too wide spread geographically. as much as I loved it. travel was the demise of the league. many people simply could not afford to travel to Zanesville and Marietta and the like from the Portsmouth and ironton areas. and with nearly no industry in the areas of ironton and Portsmouth it affected crowds as well. the seoal of the 70's was much more workable as the farthest travel was logan or meigs. with teams like wellston, Jackson, Athens, meigs, logan, ironton and the like. and gas was less than 1.00 a gallon as well. when I got my license in 76 gas was .46 a gallon. school districts just had to reel costs in and tighten up their belts. and that's how things just had to be. every successful district is going to have open enrollment interest. that's a mute point. success breeds success. it's just a fact. but it is going on everywhere.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Question

Isn't gas paid by boosters :?: Seen on this site where people say the school doesn't pay for gas --boosters or other programs do :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: But wear and tear on buses is another thing.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

noreply66 wrote:Question

Isn't gas paid by boosters :?: Seen on this site where people say the school doesn't pay for gas --boosters or other programs do :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: But wear and tear on buses is another thing.
I've never heard that before

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is another game where I expected the SEO team to lose. The Shockers are tough.

Have gun, will travel
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

The Ironton game was a couple weeks ago genius. Coshocton gets another chance at a SEO team tonight.

Stay tuned for the result.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Just saying..................... Burg is the only team I see making it to the semis, but should be a close game.

Have gun, will travel
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote:Just saying..................... Burg is the only team I see making it to the semis, but should be a close game.
Yes, but don't they look slow on film? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Question

I've never heard that before

I have no idea.

Return to “Football”