Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Lovebball42 »

Hate to see Isaac Huffman not being able to play tonight has started every single game at QB since he was a freshman and to finally miss a game as a senior makes me really feel for the kid

Big cat
Freshman Team

Post by Big cat »

waterford was in this game, simply made a couple key errors. The score at the half by hp was huge blow to the cats. And I just saw the replay on the news, clearly offensive pass interference. Bangura is very quick with a good burst. Hp line is huge. Cats could've,should've, would've, but didn't win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Prep running back official total from a guy in the press box from Columbus is 4061 on the season.
That's unreal but that line was impressive. Looked all 6'2-6'4 280-300 pounds.
Listened to the 1st half of this game, they were announcing the starting lineup and I believe there was only 1 senior on that line. So HP will have Bangura back for his senior season and 4 of 5 starters back as well. Congrats to Waterford on a great season

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Waterford on a great season

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep »

A couple of huge first half plays doomed the Cats. Waterford had run off 3 or 4 consecutive first downs and had 3rd and 1 at the 30 and got a false start penalty. Scoring there puts them up two scores in the first half and the final play for first half when HP scores probably doesn't happen. Then HP had 4th and 4 and Cats got a offsides penalty for a HP first down, who then went on to score. Bangura is tough - he cuts on a dime and breaks a play for significant a yardage one out of every 5 times he touches it. Cats played them very tough and HP earned this win. Would have loved to see Cats senior, 4 year starting QB be able to play along with their 6'4" TE/DE be able to play. May have been a different game.
HP brought about 75 fans with them and Waterford brought their whole community. Unbelievable how their community supports its sports teams versus the HP athletic factory. Is this really what OHSAA wants?
Just my two cents........

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Saying HP brought 75 is giving them too much credit. A bunch of ppl on their side were wearing clothes with other school names

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

tomcat fan wrote:Saying HP brought 75 is giving them too much credit. A bunch of ppl on their side were wearing clothes with other school names
Guys on the radio right at kickoff time said they counted 40 ppl.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Met a former college player, who now has ties to Waterford and he informed me, that Waterford had two-two way starters out and then he notice #81 from prep, their big def end/tight end was limping and not moving well. Then I noticed he was not playing offense.

All three players were big parts of their teams game plan.
I believe Waterford was hurt way more by their two injuries, then Prep was.

Taking that into mind I think the Wildcats played very good overall, and I think the staff went it with a solid attack.
When you have loss of two weapons, the game plan as solid as it is, or could be, will still take a hit,with the starters out.

As for Prep. The running back looked very quiet but still had a very, very solid game.
I think people are starting to understand, that they have more than one weapon.

I think also that the Wildcats played defense, for the most part as well as a team can, when facing the speed they did. Most times they took good angles and their defensive line did an excellent job.

Congrats to Prep on another win and to Waterford, Y'all had a very good season and have nothing to hang your heads down about. Congrats and I hope you guys can build on this and get a nice run going.

On a personal note, it was great getting to see Waterford in person, twice this season.
They are another team I can take off of the I wanna see list.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Prep will probably win state next year. They have by far the most talent in D7 but some odd play calling. Prep would have scored over 50 if they only ran sweeps. Prep needs to run the option.

powtowner
Waterboy

Post by powtowner »

I know some kids in Shadyside that kicked themselves in the butt last night when they found out the score of this game......

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider, u do realize Minster & fort recovery are in D7?

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Raider6309 wrote:Prep will probably win state next year. They have by far the most talent in D7 but some odd play calling. Prep would have scored over 50 if they only ran sweeps. Prep needs to run the option.
By far have the most talent in D7?? :lol:

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Shoot_It_From_Deep wrote: HP brought about 75 fans with them and Waterford brought their whole community. Unbelievable how their community supports its sports teams versus the HP athletic factory. Is this really what OHSAA wants?
Just my two cents........
It's a football contest, not a cheering contest.

wildcat2002
Waterboy

Post by wildcat2002 »

testing

wildcat2002
Waterboy

Post by wildcat2002 »

It would have been bitter sweet to beat a athletic factory in football as we did in girls basketball last year winning the state championship. Most people don't realize the accomplishment public high schools like Waterford have made in sports, especially only having around 160 students enrolled in the high school. I like most would love to see OHSAA establish a playoff system that separates public and private schools that can and do recruit or a more fair and impartial process to correct the flawed system. But these kids are some of the best on and off the field and our community is extremely proud of their accomplishments.

Return to “Football”