23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by ArmChairQB »

The OHSAA needs to split the Public and Private schiols . 5 Divisions of public and 2 private. And if the privates don't like it - kick them out if the OHSAA!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have found two Fort Frye rosters (maxpreps and hudl) neither are complete.

Does anyone have another roster they can post a link too.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

If it makes any of the upset FF fans feel any better NC will not win state, if they match up with Marion Local or Cuyahoga Hts. its the end of the road. And ML is a legit small public school.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

bman wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.
Homegrown? NC is full of homegrown kids. Kids whose parents and grandparents went there. But rather than do your homework and find out yourself you have to make stupid blanket statements like the above. Poor loser. But if that is what makes you feel better......

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:How about the open enrollment public schools?

Some probably feel that way :roll:

Perhaps the MAC alone should have their own playoffs too while we're at it lol :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Game went much as I expected against a SEO team,so calling for NC to win wasn't hard for me.

I would agree however that Cuyahoga Hts or Marion Local wins the state championship.

Have gun, will travel
nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I agree Paladin. NC has to play as well as it can in hopes of making it a close game. I predict NC will lose by 13 to 21 points.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

bman wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.

Johnstown and Heath don't complain because they are bigger schools than NC and thus more able to compete with them. There is a reason why NC went 6-4 in a league with schools more like them.

Paint valley beat us last year in ot we didn't make it in 2014 and barely got by ballire and ready and you want to complain because we beat fort frye. We don't do it every year like Marion local cold water . In 2012 we weren't supposed to get to state title and we did all we heard is how we couldn't compete with Marion local and it came down to last play of game for ml to win.

Ken Yerian
Waterboy

Post by Ken Yerian »

Looks like CUYAHOGA HEIGHTS is next. Then maybe Marion Local in a rematch. Good Luck! I did enjoy the game even though it was lopsided. Great atmosphere. High School foot ball is the best spectator sport there is. Haven't made up my mind as to which game I am going to tonight but am leaning toward Waterford vrs Harvest Prep.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Did you miss where I mentioned Africentric on multiple occasions?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Greenwave wrote:
bman wrote:

Johnstown and Heath don't complain because they are bigger schools than NC and thus more able to compete with them. There is a reason why NC went 6-4 in a league with schools more like them.

Paint valley beat us last year in ot we didn't make it in 2014 and barely got by ballire and ready and you want to complain because we beat fort frye. We don't do it every year like Marion local cold water . In 2012 we weren't supposed to get to state title and we did all we heard is how we couldn't compete with Marion local and it came down to last play of game for ml to win.
Is it possible for D6 regular publics to beat D6 schools that are either private or open enrollment like Marion Local? Of course. But for the examples you cite there are many more going the other way.

Schools that draw their students across a larger area, like a NC, Africentric or a lot of the MAC schools should have that taken into account when they are assigned to a division.

If you can't realize that NC has an advantage over most D6 schools by drawing kids from across an entire county that is growing and becoming more suburban, then you need to wake up.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

bman wrote:

No but figure the way you whine about this, you were only taling about them and not others. :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
bman wrote:

No but figure the way you whine about this, you were only taling about them and not others. :lol:
Much like NC fans whine and complain when people call out the advantage they have. If you are so good, go and play in a division you should be in. We've seen how that's worked out with the LCL. :lol:

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.
It's pretty obvious that Africentric is a basketball school. The beauty of competitive balance is it goes strictly by sport.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
bman wrote:
Much like NC fans whine and complain when people call out the advantage they have. If you are so good, go and play in a division you should be in. We've seen how that's worked out with the LCL. :lol:
I went to a public school and never whined about private schools.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.
It's pretty obvious that Africentric is a basketball school. The beauty of competitive balance is it goes strictly by sport.
I agree this is going to hurt many public schools who are open enrollment and take care of a few private schools. I think the smaller private schools are not hurt as badly as some of the cry baby fans are hoping. :oops:

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

bman wrote:
Schools that draw their students across a larger area, like a NC, Africentric or a lot of the MAC schools should have that taken into account when they are assigned to a division.

If you can't realize that NC has an advantage over most D6 schools by drawing kids from across an entire county that is growing and becoming more suburban, then you need to wake up.
If a school is limiting enrollment then your argument would make sense. The fact is a school like NC doesn't even have access to 95% of those kids because of religious, financial or other factors.

So do you really think it is unfair that a kid in Mt. Vernon who attended the Catholic grade school chooses to go to NC for high school which is the closest Catholic high school option?

Do you really think that it is fair that NC should have to choose only one feeder school whose kids do not get multiplied when there are actually two Catholic grade schools in Newark? Or that a family that lives in Pataskala sends their kids to St. Pius in Reynolsdburg for grade school because that is their closest option but choose to send them to NC for high school because it is closer and cheaper than Hartley?

I believe that parents should have the choice to send their kids wherever they want to. But I could live with the multiplier for the stud that transfers as a junior or senior. The problem with that is it wouldn't fit your agenda because it wouldn't punish those darn cheating privates enough because it wouldn't bump them up another division.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Put all privates in their own division.
Problem solved

Return to “Football”