Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Proudofmyboys
Waterboy

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by Proudofmyboys »

rubberchicken wrote:Coshocton is 7 miles from Ridgewood. The 2 haven't played each other since 08. Coshocton runs the Wing T and is certainly a team that hangs their hat on the running game. They have 4 backs and a Qb that are very big for skill players, all well over 200 lbs. the backs are big and physical, not a lot of speed. The Qb throws intermediate routes ok, mostly in the flats. Only run a select few pass plays, in which typically Qb rolls out, usually to his right. Wr is not really used in passing game at all. Tight end #39 is a big kid yet Oline is not real big, backs are bigger. Gonna see a lot of the FB on belly and trap plays. Run jet sweep, buck sweep, Tackle trap and a double inside handoff off of buck sweep action.
Defensively they run 4-4. Defensive tackles are small not great, 39 is one end, big kid solid player. Their Rbs are their linebackers and safety's, best players on defensive side as well.
Coshocton kids play hard, will not be intimidated. Burg is better team IMO. Good luck from the Wood
I like your post.And i ask you?Why does Ridgewood not play them anymore?My thoughts...Ridgewood doesn't want to add a loss to their schedule.Wants to win that title each year.I will say.Garaway surprised me.A great team with talent!But, i think your evaluation is misleading!And i like it...But, i'm sadden that you would root for a team miles away vs a team next to you!I see your still butt hurt.I my self will always root for our Local teams!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Proudofmyboys wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:Judging by past games this season, Coshocton gives up points. Burg Does Not. Havent allowed more than 19 points in a game a that was once. Very few points allowed
Not saying it will be the case here, but when you are giving up 20-30 to lower quality teams..... Burg's offense "should" exploit Coshocton's Defense
I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!
Those are really bad D4 teams. Really bad. Burg will win comfortably.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm not sure Burg wins comfortably but I believe they win. Coshocton's best defense is their offense. They control clock and run the ball effectively.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Coshocton can chew up the better part of a quarter on drive if they are successful at 3-5 yd runs. They are a deliberate and grinding kind of offense. I think they may have success moving the ball early on, Wing T teams take a while getting used to but think we ultimately solve that riddle.

If we turn the ball over and they can score their clock control would be a detriment. But I think we are more athletic in all phases and are able to put some points on the board in every quarter.

They are not built to come from behind by 14+, and if they have to try and do so and throw, advantage us.

I think this is a 34-14 or 28-10 type of game in favor of the Pirates.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Anyone know who the winner of this game plays?
Will it be the winner of region 16,17,or 18?
GO BURG!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Sorry it would be region 17 18 or 20...not 16

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Abe Froman wrote:
I think this is a 34-14 or 28-10 type of game in favor of the Pirates.
Sounds comfortable to me!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

1st & 2nd Quarters will be a good game...Burg Defense will be ready

3rd & 4th Quarters....ALL BURG

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

8332 Granite St wrote:Sorry it would be region 17 18 or 20...not 16
We would get the winner of Coldwater and Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (CHCA) should we win.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Proudofmyboys wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
The 54 yards was due to NY not being a particularly strong opponent. SMH
Let's look objectively here. Burg throttled Ridgewood. Garaway beat Ridgewood by 20. Coshocton beat Garaway by 3. That tell me Burg wins by 29. Early week prediction:
Coshocton 9
Burg 38
Coshocton has always beat up the wood.That's why they won't play them.I think you thoughts are mis leading!Ridgewood lost to Garaway by 31.Coshocton beat Garaway by 3.Subutract 20 fro the score.Add 3 points.It leaves you 8 points.Coshocton doesn't stuggle against running teams.Should be a good game.The team that makes the least Turnovers will win!
Score of the Ridgewood and Garaway game this year was 27 to 6 Garaway beat them by 21 not 31

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I sure hope Burg wins this game but I've said it all year that Coshocton is very good and Burg would have to play them to win this region well my prediction has come true and I look for a hard fought game and if Burg can protect the football I look for them to win by 2 scores and Coshocton reminds me of a Bishop hartley offense not quite as good as Hartley but they do run the Ball alot and control the clock and Coshocton will throw in a pass when u least expect it The Burg will definitely be ready and everyone drive safe and dress warm supposed to be a cold one ! GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

P(irate) wrote:
We would get the winner of Coldwater and Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (CHCA) should we win.
If cincinnati hills wins and burg wins i cant see ohsaa putting 2 undefeated teams against each other but who knows.
One would think they would save that for a final.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

callie15 wrote:If the weather change coming this week end holds , maybe seating and parking will not be a factor.
Was never a factor to begin with. Only in the minds of those who haven't been to Athens for awhile

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sounds like the makings of the Jackson and Burg game. Jackson lined up heavy and ran the power game, they were able to move the ball 2-5 yards at a time. Where Jackson ran into problems was 1. Burg jumped out to the quick lead, making Jackson have to play perfect on offense and defense to get back into it. 2. Jackson would move the ball then commit a penalty putting them behind the sticks. Think Jackson had a drive in the 3rd quarter that lasted 4-5 min. driving into Burg territory then a holding call makes it 2nd and long. Why do I mention all of this?? Coshocton running the ball for 3-5 yards is great but they have to play perfect for an entire drive and simply can't get behind. All of the bigger Burg games have 1 thing in common to stay with them you have to weather the storm early. Waverly was about the only team to weather that early storm and have a shot late in the game but fell short. While I do believe Coshocton can move the ball I don't think they can move it consistently for an entire game against the burg defense, at least not the way they've played first 2 rounds. I also think Burg has a lot more team speed then Coshocton and this is where Burg getting out and getting a quick score or 2 could put Coshocton behind the 8-ball so to speak. Weather could help aid Coshocton possibly slowing down Burg, but also hurts Coshocton with ball handling. Burg 37-13

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

you know the ONLY THING that worries me, is that literally NO ONE is really giving the Redskins a chance. That is great motivation for them going into the game.
I'm not just talking about on here or other thread sites. Drew Pasteur, JJ, Calpreps and other sites seem to say the same.

I hope the consensus is correct on this one and the Pirates go sailing on for the 2nd straight Regional Championship!

#GoBurg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Agree with greygoose on his assessment except that coshocton runs more misdirection. Physical teams can give burg fits, they rely on their speed and athleticism. I think coshocton coaches will coach their team to be a little nasty in this game, play up to their strengths, which is physical play.
One of burgs best strength is the front four d line. Only a few go both ways in the rotation which keeps fresh legs leaning on the offense. I look to see coshocton make a few drives but eventually burg is going to put the skins in third and long on drives which will ultimately be in burgs favor. I think 28-14 is a decent prediction. Burg could get to 35 with some special teams play. Burg is going to have to play tough to come out winners.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Neutron Man wrote:you know the ONLY THING that worries me, is that literally NO ONE is really giving the Redskins a chance. That is great motivation for them going into the game.
I'm not just talking about on here or other thread sites. Drew Pasteur, JJ, Calpreps and other sites seem to say the same.

I hope the consensus is correct on this one and the Pirates go sailing on for the 2nd straight Regional Championship!

#GoBurg
The coaches and team believe that coshocton is tough. They won't come in like that and that's all that matters. Fans always think that way, then. blame the coaches or refs if their team loses. Lol

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BuBuBurgistheWORD wrote:I am terrified of Coshocton's size which I think is going to be a problem for Wheelersburg. I think they will just pound it and pound it and Wheelersburg will quit. As much as I don't like to say it, Im taking the Skins by a TD. I think Wheelersburg is looking past this game to the state semis and will get caught sleeping. Still a great year for Wheelersburg.
Evidently you haven't watched very many Burg sports teams. I have never in the 45 years I have lived here watched a Burg team give up and lie down for anyone. It doesn't matter if they are up by 30 or down by 30 they play hard to the final whistle.

Coshocton looks big and slow from what I can see on the film. Burgs speed should have their way with them and if we can get up 14-0 or 21-0 and force them to pass it will be the same result as the NY game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

piratepride86 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
If cincinnati hills wins and burg wins i cant see ohsaa putting 2 undefeated teams against each other but who knows.
Burg and ColdH2O were both undefeated last year. The Semi's are set.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

P(irate) wrote:
piratepride86 wrote:
P(irate) wrote: We would get the winner of Coldwater and Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (CHCA) should we win.
Burg and ColdH2O were both undefeated last year. The Semi's are set.
They say it's to make the easiest drive for everyone the way they re-bracket.....sure seems to me that often times its meant to set up a private vs public state finals. This is not an attempt to hijack, not trying to stir up a private vs public debate, just literally to me it seems like if they can try to arrange a public vs private state finals that's how it happens.

Return to “Football”