Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by Neutron Man »

P(irate) wrote:They live on the short throws to the flats.
probably not good when Burg plays 10yards off the Receiver!! I hate it when they do that!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BuBuBurgistheWORD wrote:I am terrified of Coshocton's size which I think is going to be a problem for Wheelersburg. I think they will just pound it and pound it and Wheelersburg will quit. As much as I don't like to say it, Im taking the Skins by a TD. I think Wheelersburg is looking past this game to the state semis and will get caught sleeping. Still a great year for Wheelersburg.
Troll

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
BuBuBurgistheWORD wrote:I am terrified of Coshocton's size which I think is going to be a problem for Wheelersburg. I think they will just pound it and pound it and Wheelersburg will quit. As much as I don't like to say it, Im taking the Skins by a TD. I think Wheelersburg is looking past this game to the state semis and will get caught sleeping. Still a great year for Wheelersburg.
Troll
yep
you could make that argument but burg kids will never quit
Last edited by fbnut on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Neutron Man wrote:
probably not good when Burg plays 10yards off the Receiver!! I hate it when they do that!
The receiver runs the DB off and the RB goes to the flats. Not so worried about the 10 yards. LB's are going to have to take the brunt of the load this weekend. Deciphering between run and pass will be tough, coupled with getting to the flats in time to make a stop or break up a pass will be important. I would like to see the defensive ends take the flats and the LB's play the run first.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

It's Week 13, no one is going to look past their opponent. That's just silly, but I do believe that Burg will struggle.

Jackson moved the ball at times against the Burg defense, but I'm not sure Coshocton has the speed and athleticism of Jackson, but they definitely have the size. This game will be close into the 4th quarter, expect Burg to score late and widen the gap.

Early week prediction: Burg 27 Coshocton 14

I may not be able to outsmart too many people, but I can outwork 'em.
-Coach Woody Hayes
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:
Troll
Somebody get this man some Kool Aid.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

P(irate) wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
The receiver runs the DB off and the RB goes to the flats. Not so worried about the 10 yards. LB's are going to have to take the brunt of the load this weekend. Deciphering between run and pass will be tough, coupled with getting to the flats in time to make a stop or break up a pass will be important. I would like to see the defensive ends take the flats and the LB's play the run first.
I could be wrong but theyd have to go to a 5 man front to cover flats with ends. I don't think they will come out of the 4-2-5.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

70° on Friday and Saturday the HIGH is only 49°!!
Bring your extra pants and gloves! might be a bit nippy

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Pretty believable considering your 2 posts.

Go back to the basement and your XBox.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

One thing I know about a Wheelersburg coached team is they'll be ready, mentally and physically. If they lose it will be because the team they played is better. Period

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
I could be wrong but theyd have to go to a 5 man front to cover flats with ends. I don't think they will come out of the 4-2-5.
I think you are right. They should be able to match up. They will have to make sure tackles. Can't afford to miss. The backs aren't super fast, I believe we have the edge there again. It's just the same motion of every play. Burg will have to stay honest and defend the flats. Forcing 3rd and longs will be highly favorable for the Pirates. Offensively I think we are superior. I don't see any reason why Burg won't be able to play their game. Hit them deep with Holden and shallow crosses all night. The run game can be there. They just need to set it all up. No huddle will be a big benefit.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Not much activity here lately
I'm guessing that everyone is ready for it to be Saturday!
Said all they can say.
Well then, Saturday, hurry the hell up!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg by 3 scores

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Burg 38
Cosho 7

G0 BuCKs
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Neutron Man wrote:Not much activity here lately
I'm guessing that everyone is ready for it to be Saturday!
Said all they can say.
Well then, Saturday, hurry the hell up!
Couldn't have said it better my self.

cakes84
Waterboy

Post by cakes84 »

Coshocton likes things to go their way. When it does not they begin to fall apart. Trash talking late hits. Burg by 2 scores.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

If the weather change coming this week end holds , maybe seating and parking will not be a factor.

Proudofmyboys
Waterboy

Post by Proudofmyboys »

P(irate) wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
wobycat wrote:
I can't believe what I'm reading. The strength of this team is the defensive line. Lol. Nelsonville had 54 yards total!,before the long pas play. SMH
The 54 yards was due to NY not being a particularly strong opponent. SMH
Let's look objectively here. Burg throttled Ridgewood. Garaway beat Ridgewood by 20. Coshocton beat Garaway by 3. That tell me Burg wins by 29. Early week prediction:
Coshocton 9
Burg 38
Coshocton has always beat up the wood.That's why they won't play them.I think you thoughts are mis leading!Ridgewood lost to Garaway by 31.Coshocton beat Garaway by 3.Subutract 20 fro the score.Add 3 points.It leaves you 8 points.Coshocton doesn't stuggle against running teams.Should be a good game.The team that makes the least Turnovers will win!

Proudofmyboys
Waterboy

Post by Proudofmyboys »

Neutron Man wrote:Judging by past games this season, Coshocton gives up points. Burg Does Not. Havent allowed more than 19 points in a game a that was once. Very few points allowed
Not saying it will be the case here, but when you are giving up 20-30 to lower quality teams..... Burg's offense "should" exploit Coshocton's Defense
I think you a mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will cange this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!

Proudofmyboys
Waterboy

Post by Proudofmyboys »

Neutron Man wrote:Judging by past games this season, Coshocton gives up points. Burg Does Not. Havent allowed more than 19 points in a game a that was once. Very few points allowed
Not saying it will be the case here, but when you are giving up 20-30 to lower quality teams..... Burg's offense "should" exploit Coshocton's Defense
I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!

Return to “Football”