23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has never even played Grandview Heights in football. River did in 2015 and this year they came back in stronger with a loaded Sr class. I'm obviously not a players dad I'm actually a loyal fan of my team and mod of this website. Since you've been on this site you've done nothing but make outlandish comments to fire people up. This is going to be a great game. As a Cadet fan just playing a team like Newark Cath in a regional final is a dream come true.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye has never even played Grandview Heights in football. River did in 2015 and this year they came back in stronger with a loaded Sr class. I'm obviously not a players dad I'm actually a loyal fan of my team and mod of this website. Since you've been on this site you've done nothing but make outlandish comments to fire people up. This is going to be a great game. As a Cadet fan just playing a team like Newark Cath in a regional final is a dream come true.
You made the troll comment. I gave an opinion and I was wrong and I admitted it. Kick me off then mod. And don't be fooled. We all know you have a son on the team. What number is he and what round do you expect him to be drafted in the NFL?
Outlandish comment? I'll give you that one regarding the running clock. I've seen some of those SE Ohio schools play especially D7 and for the most part it's not very good football. Do you disagree? But the Fact that the heralded Number 1 seed was beaten by the 8 seed is still a problem is it not?

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I was being objective regarding the NC-FY. game but now I'll be subjective, as I have every right to be a NC fan as much as you do a Ft. Frye fan. Ft. Frye has a chance. That's all I'll say out of respect for the players. They have a chance and that's about it. This sounds like what I thought was a forgotten SE Ohio character trait now that SE Ohio has made a dent in this region. Your a poor example for the SE ED. Go ahead and kick me off Big Time Mod!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye has never even played Grandview Heights in football. River did in 2015 and this year they came back in stronger with a loaded Sr class. I'm obviously not a players dad I'm actually a loyal fan of my team and mod of this website. Since you've been on this site you've done nothing but make outlandish comments to fire people up. This is going to be a great game. As a Cadet fan just playing a team like Newark Cath in a regional final is a dream come true.
You made the troll comment. I gave an opinion and I was wrong and I admitted it. Kick me off then mod. And don't be fooled. We all know you have a son on the team. What number is he and what round do you expect him to be drafted in the NFL?
Outlandish comment? I'll give you that one regarding the running clock. I've seen some of those SE Ohio schools play especially D7 and for the most part it's not very good football. Do you disagree? But the Fact that the heralded Number 1 seed was beaten by the 8 seed is still a problem is it not?

In general it has been bad but Southeastern teams can have years where there up more then others. Teams such as Valley,River,Bellaire and Fort Frye that get a good group of Srs to build on for that one good year. I'm glad you've came around a little bit from when you 1sr joined. You can't just base how good a team is just based on who they've played. I personally don't know how good Fort Frye is. They have not really been challenged. Does that mean they're overrated and all the teams they've played are awful? I don't think so they just have not been given the oppertunity. People in central Ohio told me Highland was pretty good well they barely beat Centerburg and Fort could of beat Centerburg much worse but kinda laid up and ran the clock in 2nd half. A lot of people thought Chesapeake was a good ball club then Barnesville beat them by 19. One thing I do know is nobody really knows outcomes of games before they are played. NC is going to play great defense and this should be a great night to be in Zanesville. Trust me I'm not a parent of a player I don't even have kids.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Northridge has also made the playoffs a handful of times

Chalito - please list the names of the transfers from the 70's and 80's. Thanks

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:
Chalito wrote:

In general it has been bad but Southeastern teams can have years where there up more then others. Teams such as Valley,River,Bellaire and Fort Frye that get a good group of Srs to build on for that one good year. I'm glad you've came around a little bit from when you 1sr joined. You can't just base how good a team is just based on who they've played. I personally don't know how good Fort Frye is. They have not really been challenged. Does that mean they're overrated and all the teams they've played are awful? I don't think so they just have not been given the oppertunity. People in central Ohio told me Highland was pretty good well they barely beat Centerburg and Fort could of beat Centerburg much worse but kinda laid up and ran the clock in 2nd half. A lot of people thought Chesapeake was a good ball club then Barnesville beat them by 19. One thing I do know is nobody really knows outcomes of games before they are played. NC is going to play great defense and this should be a great night to be in Zanesville. Trust me I'm not a parent of a player I don't even have kids.
I witnessed the Highland vs Centerburg game and Highland had an absolutely atrocious night that night, and luckily it happened to be against Centerburg. Fort Frye is a great team, but they wouldn't have beat Highland this year in my opinion and that's not a slight towards Fort Frye. Every one of Highlands losses made the the D4 playoffs. 2 of those 3 losses were 10 point games or less. You can certainly say Fort Frye is more consistent considering they haven't had that game where they shot themselves in the foot and I admire them for that. Also to argue with myself on the above comment I will mention and I think it goes without saying that obviously the Fort Frye team in week 11 was better than the Highland team that showed up week 6. Not a big deal though, matchup that will probably never happen.

Chalito, I'm glad you came to this forum, I missed all of the people that made Newark Catholic look like the d-bag capital of the world on the puddle. Your probably one of those guys that was crying and pleading with Johnstowns head coach last season to bench his big meanie linebacker that was mean to the poor Newark Catholic kids. Your passive aggressiveness is annoying, you throw out a jab, and then cry victim and claim others are being "mean" to you. You can point a finger in my face and say I'm being insulting and guess what? That's totally fine.

Fort Frye 35
Newark Catholic 21

Eastern, get ready after this victory im going to guess that all the Cadets are gonna be some of the dirtiest players in the whole world lol :mrgreen:

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

To the rest of the NC faithful, don't get me confused. I respect Newark Catholic and I respect you all, the above is directed at one person who may be a true faithful of NC, or maybe is someone trying to make NC look like a bunch of jack@$$3$.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I hope you're right Stan this would be great for the community.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Fort Frye Cadets
12-0
Opponents combined record(Including playoffs
55-72
Best win(I.M.O.)
Waterford 10-1(35-14)
Wins against teams over .500 (4) 2 In regualr season 2 in playoffs

Newark Catholic Green Wave
8-4
Opponents combined record Record(Including playoffs)
75-54
Best Win (I.M.O.)
Nelsonville 9-2(41-21)
Wins against teams over .500 (4)2 In regualr season 2 in playoffs

1 common opponent
Northridge

Fort Frye won,37-20-Game was at Fort Frye
Newark Catholic won,40-12 Game was at Northridge
Great post.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

NC is the pick.

Have gun, will travel
Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

formerfcfan wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc has beat malvern, woodsfield , shadyside crooksville
The 1st trip in 1981 the only losses i remember is Bridgeport in 2010 Steubenville Catholic in 1993 state final 4 and fisher Catholic 2000 the year they were in the state title. I started going in 1980 i had a spreadsheet of all Nc games but a virus locked the file hopefully some day i can get it replaced
Just a clarification - we went to the state title in 98. We also were one of the two teams to beat NC in 2007 the year you guys won the state title.

Sorry fisher fan i was just answering licking county fan on what Nc record was at zanesville and I was going by memory. I think we also played fisher another year there and won. We have only lost 3 games there.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thanks for clarifying; it may have been 93 or 95 that NC beat us @ Zanesville.

05 & 06 matchups between the two were both at Fairfield Union, if I recall correctly.

I believe our playoff record vs NC is 3-4. I'm a little hazy on the 2000 matchup, but I know NC alum Andy Helms was coach for the Irish then.

As for the game, any game vs NC at this stage will be a four quarter battle. FF has some firepower, but NC is always tough.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Greenwave wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc has beat malvern, woodsfield , shadyside crooksville
The 1st trip in 1981 the only losses i remember is Bridgeport in 2010 Steubenville Catholic in 1993 state final 4 and fisher Catholic 2000 the year they were in the state title. I started going in 1980 i had a spreadsheet of all Nc games but a virus locked the file hopefully some day i can get it replaced
Just a clarification - we went to the state title in 98. We also were one of the two teams to beat NC in 2007 the year you guys won the state title.

Sorry fisher fan i was just answering licking county fan on what Nc record was at zanesville and I was going by memory. I think we also played fisher another year there and won. We have only lost 3 games there.
And I was at that game when NC beat Woodsfield. Rob Kelly was a man amongst boys. It was a cold and crappy weather night, that night, I do remember.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If anyone wants to check out Casey Lewis highlight film.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4222154/casey-lewis

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Nice video on Mr Lewis

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lewis has had a great year but he's not the only weapon Tate Engle has thrown 19 or 20 Tds only 3 ints.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Garrett Lochary also has 16 Tds.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Newark Catholic QB has struggled at times with 1654 yards 59 % passing 13 Tds 12 ints 137 yards per game. The Cadet defensive ends Prichard and Mccleod really need to put some pressure on him so he can't get the ball out to Lake and Peddicord.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The QB draw needs to be ran, while the option needs to be scrapped.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Running clock in this one, NC big.......

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Return to “Football”