Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg 22 Nelsonville-York 0

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens. P eden doesnt really host anymore.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

If it is at athens see ya at Leghorns

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Leghorns no longer there. Its called Shade on State. Still a very good choice. Cool place to eat & have a few beers.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Heard there was 8000 - 8500 in attendance last night, didn't get to make it , does that sound right ????

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Someone needs to fix the title. The final was 38-6, not 22-0.
PDT is in charge of that. LOL

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Saw a few kids from ZT last night. Good to see them showing interest. Heard a couple others at the concession stand saying they were glad they didn't have to play Burg. LOL. Honestly, Burg was the agresser all night. They really brought the wood last night. It looked as if NY hadn't been hit like that all year. The QB twice took a good shot and wasn't able to get back up (hope he is ok), #6 took a couple shots too and he was struggling to get back to his feet. Then #44 one of the LB's I believe, got buried and limped for the rest of the game. I'm not saying any of this to throw salt on a wound, but it just has me thinking of what they were expecting coming in to this game. Idk if they thought they could slack off because they beat the dog cap out of ZT or what. Another thing, I can see how successful they were all season. The QB was really quick. He had few good runs and had a great arm. Lowery just played his best game all year. #3 is a quick little booger. LOL. He had some moves. I was impressed with him. The Punter was lights out. He put it deep and high on almost every punt. I was highly impressed by him. Not too often you see a Punter like that in High School. Overall Burg was just too fast. They kept the QB in check and played Burg Ball. A little sloppy at times. But in the end they had their way. Hats off to NY, great turn around and great season. Hope we meet again. It has been fun this past week bantering back and forth.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Roadhog wrote:Heard there was 8000 - 8500 in attendance last night, didn't get to make it , does that sound right ????
Considering the state championship game for DV was 7,200 that number would be VERY surprising. Actually greater then all but 3 of the state championship games from 2015. Going out on a limb and saying no that doesn't sound right at all.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

Post by greygoose »

I'd like to know the number of seniors that NY has on their team this year. Was hoping for a closer game but honestly in looking at their schedule this year and coming off a season where they went 1-9 was hard for me to believe that team made that BIG of a jump unless it was a senior heavy class and still then I would've thought they could've handled that game a lot better than they did. I just look towards the schedule and you can see an inflated record.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I would guess 4000 people

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It was pretty packed but I thought, when burg played Amanda clear creek about 12 years ago for regionals, it was more packed then.

And "fear the three"needs to come on here and eat some crow! Burg continues to own line of scrimmage on defensive side of ball.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

greygoose wrote:I'd like to know the number of seniors that NY has on their team this year. Was hoping for a closer game but honestly in looking at their schedule this year and coming off a season where they went 1-9 was hard for me to believe that team made that BIG of a jump unless it was a senior heavy class and still then I would've thought they could've handled that game a lot better than they did. I just look towards the schedule and you can see an inflated record.
NY has 13 Seniors. We had 2 starters out against Burg.
Mount and Chris Yinger.
We have a lot of really talented kids who will step in next year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

93Bulldog wrote:Leghorns no longer there. Its called Shade on State. Still a very good choice. Cool place to eat & have a few beers.
Thanks

I thought Leghorns was pretty good
Is it still the same kind of food?

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

piratepride86 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Leghorns no longer there. Its called Shade on State. Still a very good choice. Cool place to eat & have a few beers.
Thanks

Same ownership and food, just changed the name of the place is my understanding

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Menu is different, but better, imo.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

93Bulldog wrote:Menu is different, but better, imo.
Thanks will have to check it out.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

tomcat fan wrote:
piratepride86 wrote:
Thanks

Same ownership and food, just changed the name of the place is my understanding

It is the exact same place. The owner opened a new place up in Canal Winchester called Shade on Canal, so to keep his restaurants the same he changed the name of the other 3 to the Shade on (whatever street they reside). Same food, same place in all ways but name. They add a few seasonal foods and mix things up here and there.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Thank You

Return to “Football”