Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by Neutron Man »

Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
Just imagine how good they'll be 10 years from now since they get better every year lol
Wow this is truly the smartest statement you have ever made on this site. I agree....
Evidently alot of kool-aid is drank in the burg
Time will tell Ladies!
You'll see. If you live here and see what this team is like you'd agree.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
The 54 yards was due to NY not being a particularly strong opponent. SMH
They've practically held every team's rushing like that except for Jackson, and they won that game rather easily. So 11 out of 12 opponents they've owned the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball. It's not their weakness.
Didn't Waverly have 2 really long runs right up the middle?
Yeah so?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
Just imagine how good they'll be 10 years from now since they get better every year lol
Wow this is truly the smartest statement you have ever made on this site. I agree....
I know Oak, deep down you want to be a Burg fan.... You do want a drink of this Kool-Aid.....Don't you??

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote:Wheelersburg success the next couple years will be determined by the realignment of the Regions. Next year is the new 2-year cycle for play-off teams. If Hartley stays in Division IV and no private schools or Columbus area schools are added to the region, Wheelersburg will continue to play for the title.
Its hard to tell what competitive balance does to the divisions. Also seems like the smaller Catholics are losing enrollment. Mooney and Ursuline seem to be getting smaller and both have dominant teams coming up

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
I know Oak, deep down you want to be a Burg fan.... You do want a drink of this Kool-Aid.....Don't you??
Negative. From the stuff I've read their wouldn't be much left anyway

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Raider6309 wrote:
ItsMyOpinion wrote:Wheelersburg success the next couple years will be determined by the realignment of the Regions. Next year is the new 2-year cycle for play-off teams. If Hartley stays in Division IV and no private schools or Columbus area schools are added to the region, Wheelersburg will continue to play for the title.
Its hard to tell what competitive balance does to the divisions. Also seems like the smaller Catholics are losing enrollment. Mooney and Ursuline seem to be getting smaller and both have dominant teams coming up
Glad the Catholic schools are out of the region. They should be totally separate anyways. But either way the losses of the Hartley's and Bishop Ready's combined with the down cycle of local teams has made Region 19 a bit of a joke. Wheelersburg is legit and fortunate that they are "up" while the region is "down".

G&g
Waterboy

Post by G&g »

After reading these posts, neither parking nor seating should be a problem. Because, Coshocton doesn't even need to show up. Wheelersburg already has a down Coldwater defeated and into the title game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The only thing certain in D5 is Canton Central Catholic is in the state finals. If Coldwater makes it back it might be a 30-0 payback game

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Does anyone have any thoughts about the matchup? Or is this the we can't wait til burg gets beat thread?

I Watched that Dover game on utube. I didn't break down the game, but noticed a few things.

Backs are big and hard nosed but they didn't look extremely fast. Line is not that big but pretty good. They run a lot of misdirection and do a decent job mixing up their formations. QB is not a passer but decent at times. Not much subbing going on with this team as they have a bunch of seniors that look to play both ways. Defensively they didn't look that good against Dover when they were in the spread. They eat clock keeping opponents offense off the field. For burg to win they've got to get coshocton in 3 and 5 or longer. They also will have to pass well. Look for Holden to be effective in the game. Burg wins if they keep time of possession close.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts about the matchup? Or is this the we can't wait til burg gets beat thread?

I Watched that Dover game on utube. I didn't break down the game, but noticed a few things.

Backs are big and hard nosed but they didn't look extremely fast. Line is not that big but pretty good. They run a lot of misdirection and do a decent job mixing up their formations. QB is not a passer but decent at times. Not much subbing going on with this team as they have a bunch of seniors that look to play both ways. Defensively they didn't look that good against Dover when they were in the spread. They eat clock keeping opponents offense off the field. For burg to win they've got to get coshocton in 3 and 5 or longer. They also will have to pass well. Look for Holden to be effective in the game. Burg wins if they keep time of possession close.
I don't think TOP is going to be a problem. With the majority of the kids going both ways for CHS I think a heavy dose of the no huddle will wear them down and Burg will be able to score at will by the time this one is over. They can take all the time they need. That should be the only break they get.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree with the up tempo but I think a really lopsided TOP would favor them if they are getting points on the board. We usually don't win TOP but the times when teams had a really long time of TOP against us they usually kept the scoring close in that Quarter. This is a game where our lbs and ss's have to be sure tacklers. I think we are two to three tds better. Could see a running clock if our offense is efficient every possession.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

wobycat wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts about the matchup? Or is this the we can't wait til burg gets beat thread?

Anyway someone could post the link from YouTube of the Coshocton/Dover game.

Might just take this one in on Saturday, this game should be a good test for Burg.

I may not be able to outsmart too many people, but I can outwork 'em.
-Coach Woody Hayes
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Theherd83
Waterboy

Post by Theherd83 »

best not sleep on creston norwayne

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Thank You!!!!

I may not be able to outsmart too many people, but I can outwork 'em.
-Coach Woody Hayes
BuBuBurgistheWORD
Waterboy

Post by BuBuBurgistheWORD »

I am terrified of Coshocton's size which I think is going to be a problem for Wheelersburg. I think they will just pound it and pound it and Wheelersburg will quit. As much as I don't like to say it, Im taking the Skins by a TD. I think Wheelersburg is looking past this game to the state semis and will get caught sleeping. Still a great year for Wheelersburg.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Coshocton is going to bully the bully in this game....Coshocton by 1 TD maybe 2....

Piratepride
Waterboy

Post by Piratepride »

Coshoctons defense is slow watch the Dover game they can handle the run up front pass over the top defense has no speed all their players go both ways. Coshoctons offense is good running but they are it that fast if wuarterback has to pass he throws it away unless it's a short pass

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

They live on the short throws to the flats.

Return to “Football”