Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by ArmChairQB »

93Bulldog wrote:When is the last time u guys were at Athens? Softball field was moved, turned into parking. Its not the same stadium when Wheelersburg was here last.
Adding space for 50 cars does not fix the problem! Also the visitors side is too small for playoffs .
Last edited by ArmChairQB on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Heard Peden Stadium was a possibility . That would have been nice.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

More than 50!!! Plenty of parking at Athens. We had over 5,000 there for athens/ny a few years back & it wasn't a huge issue. And that was before softball field was moved.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

With it in Athens, local county won't probably make the trip like they did in Jackson. I don't think it will be that big of a deal.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens is a large DIII stadium, it can handle a DV regional game for goodness sake.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens is a large DIII stadium, it can handle a DV regional game for goodness sake.

Guarantee it will not hold the Burg crowd. Home side doesn't look any bigger than Burg's!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens is a large DIII stadium, it can handle a DV regional game for goodness sake.

Guarantee it will not hold the Burg crowd. Home side doesn't look any bigger than Burg's!!!
Yeah I Agree. We Filled 90% of Jackson's Home side and that might be the biggest in the area

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There is a big deck on Athens side where fans stand by concession stand, and then a lot of room around the fence. Athens had a state championship caliber team & an Ohio State quarterback for three years and never once had an issue with not enough room.

Maverick4
Waterboy

Post by Maverick4 »

Burg will be fine. My prediction is Burg by 3 scores. Coshocton will not travel well. Coshocton is big and physical. But will not stop the Burg's athletes.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Omg I've never seen so much crying over where a team is playing in week 13 of a high school play off game I'm sure the coaches and players are,more focused on their oppenent then the venue .
I will get you that burg will NOT fill Athens home side either all the fans at Jackson was not all burg fans I know for a fact a large number of them was from Waverly to support the SOC and even seen Athens football team ,those fans are not going to drive 100 miles to see them again.

Good luck to the burg players and coaches win it all!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Would have thought that this game and the Waterford vs Harvest Prep game would have been in reverse locations. Would have made much more sense in several ways.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Neutron Man wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Yeah I Agree. We Filled 90% of Jackson's Home side and that might be the biggest in the area
Common now you guys don't honestly think you filled 90% of Jackson's home side with JUST burg fans do you?? I watched the Burg vs Hartley in 2014 at Chillicothe and the home side was plenty enough for Burg fans and ALL the other fans who piled in there. You guys travel don't get me wrong but to say that you bring 2K to a game that are just pure Burg fans sorry you don't. Athens home side is plenty big enough and then some now the visitors side well that's another story really think that stadium needs an upgraded visitor side to host playoff games. Parking isn't an issue now, unless it rains, plenty of grass to park in. Was at the Jackson vs Zanesville game there last year just a headache getting out, bring you a flashlight though field where you're parking isn't level, couple banks to go up and ditches to watch out for.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hahaha agree about the field parking. You must have been down on the practice field. But there are two huge lots up by the school AND you can get out a different way up there as well. Go out by the baseball field, which takes you into the plains. Rt. 33 is just a mile away. You dont have to exit stadium via Johnson rd.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

93Bulldog wrote:Hahaha agree about the field parking. You must have been down on the practice field. But there are two huge lots up by the school AND you can get out a different way up there as well. Go out by the baseball field, which takes you into the plains. Rt. 33 is just a mile away. You dont have to exit stadium via Johnson rd.
Yeah that's where I was parked at we got there pretty early actually sat top row. Looked like the parking up top was full not sure if it was or not though there was cars lined going up the hill. If I hit this game this year I'll have to remember that, thanks. Thinking about taking in Waterford vs Harvest Prep though, I think Burg handles this game and I can watch them play next week. Harvest Prep brings a 3,800 yard 53 TD back against that Waterford defense that one is little more intriguing to me right now.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Neutron Man wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Lol, I stood on the Jackson visitor sideline (NY side) last night.

You were no where, and I mean no where close to filling the home side to 90% capacity.

Athens is plenty large enough unless you bring 1,000 more people than you did against NY.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Abe Froman wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
Haven't seen Coshocton video yet, but if they are a power running team that will make for a good game. Control the clock keep ball out of our hands.

NY had success early on moving the ball on ground against us, if we have work to do it is probably controlling the LOS on the defensive side of the ball.

But I like our chances.

Rather see this one in Athens than Logan honestly.
I can't believe what I'm reading. The strength of this team is the defensive line. Lol. Nelsonville had 54 yards total!,before the long pas play. SMH
The 54 yards was due to NY not being a particularly strong opponent. SMH
They've practically held every team's rushing like that except for Jackson, and they won that game rather easily. So 11 out of 12 opponents they've owned the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball. It's not their weakness.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dandy Don wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Lol, I stood on the Jackson visitor sideline (NY side) last night.

You were no where, and I mean no where close to filling the home side to 90% capacity.

Athens is plenty large enough unless you bring 1,000 more people than you did against NY.
This is the least full section last night. I'd say home side was close to 90% full...
Attachments
FB_IMG_1479071011248.jpg
FB_IMG_1479071011248.jpg (192.21 KiB) Viewed 1598 times

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Redskins runners are huge! I say whoever has the ball last unless cosh makes a few turnovers. I don't think they will stop burg offense. Just a quick prediction based on some film of cosh vs Dover

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Looking for more. Utube had the whole Dover game if anyone wants to check it out

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

seasick80 wrote:Redskins runners are huge! I say whoever has the ball last unless cosh makes a few turnovers. I don't think they will stop burg offense. Just a quick prediction based on some film of cosh vs Dover
Nah. Burg by at least two scores.

Return to “Football”