23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:I was surprised the Greenwave only beat Bellaire by 1. I went and watched Newark Catholic in the playoffs a few years back @Zanesville High. I remember them losing but it escapes my mind who they played. I know they cane in a big underdog and played tough. Was it Bridgeport?
They did lose to Bridgeport. I remember the tailback for N.C was as banged up as a player could be and still gave it all he had in him. I had told his dad, who I called friend way back then, that his son had more heart then anyone I have watch wear the green. I believe special teams killed N.C in that one. As I remember a few people close to the programs, back then said it was a stupid decision that killed them in that one.

Yea I was there it was like 21-20. NC left all on the field so much tradition in that program. This is a great opportunity for the school and the community at Fort Frye.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kyle Gibson is even bigger then Caide Bunfill. Listed at 225.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cal Preps : Fort Frye 28 Newark Catholic 21

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Good luck FF beat the central Ohio allstars

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this should be a close game but I'm giving the edge to Fort Frye.
I wouldn't be surprised to see NC come out with the win though.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

TVC wrote:Good luck FF beat the central Ohio allstars
Please explain all stars.

Would love to see the way a team that struggled to a 6-4 regular season is any kind of an all star team.

Please list transfers and the schools they came from and when they transferred in.

If the info can not be posted, then the all-star statement is as weak and another calling any open enrollment public school an all-star team, just because they are an open enrollment school. :roll:

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

A little "testy" this mourning LCF? :o

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Something tells me that NC is going to need more then 116 yards to win this game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

rickoshay wrote:A little "testy" this mourning LCF? :o
Not at all.
I went to a public school and never used the cry baby excuse that any private school we played was an all-star type team. And I was in school when the public schools did not have the huge advantage of open enrollment.

Plus I actually want to see all of the transfers, who make this school, Newark Catholic an all-star team.

For one to make such a bold statement, one would guess they have the info requested to prove said statement. :twisted:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Let's keep the topic on football. How do they matchup?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
rickoshay wrote:A little "testy" this mourning LCF? :o
Not at all.
I went to a public school and never used the cry baby excuse that any private school we played was an all-star type team. And I was in school when the public schools did not have the huge advantage of open enrollment.

Plus I actually want to see all of the transfers, who make this school, Newark Catholic an all-star team.

For one to make such a bold statement, one would guess they have the info requested to prove said statement. :twisted:
I get your point, but as you know this is brought up lots of times in all H, S. sports every year since the first "non-public" school was started.

Alas, one argument you won't convince everyone.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I can see anyone who goes to or roots for a a non-opened public school, but if you go to a public school that is O.E. then their is no reason to whine, cry or bitch.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This will be the 3rd straight game the Cadets will have a size advantage. Last 2 teams Barnesville and Centerburg kinda abandoned the run and went pass heavy and the DBs stepped up.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

EasternDspy wrote:How does everyone see this great game?

Just my opinion. NC has one player that has been absolutely the most dominant player in the history of NC football for one season. NC has had some great teams and always had a really solid supporting cast no matter the year. Even the last time they won the state they had a tremendous small school back who came up from Missouri, or another southern state (can't remember exactly) but he was terrific for a small school Ohio football program. But regardless, they had a solid supporting class. Had a great QB that I think played D1 baseball at Cincinnati (could be wong but he did play D1 baseball. They also had other real good players. If Ft. Frye can stop this man, they will win. Trust me. This man, even though the stats in the Ready game do not look impressive on the surface, was the difference maker. NC put him in on defense which he rarely played all season, and he made a couple huge plays. It's hard to take away from some of the other NC players but I think if you would ask them, they would also agree. They know how hard this man worked in the off-season and they are absolutely thrilled to have him. (As would I be if I were his team-mate) As far as the all-star comment, if you attend the game you will see that this team is not a group of all-stars. They do have a transfer from neighboring Newark County Schools but as far as I know, no other transfers. Someone else may know, so if you do please correct me. I do think the man came from the Watkins County Schools but came to NC in either middle school or High School. Also, I will say that the man is an absolutely great man. He is a 100 percent good dude and a great family. Humble and outstanding. If Ft Frye can stop him in every facet, including and when he plays defense, Ft Frye will win. If not, NC will win. Either way, the winner will come up against a fortified brick wall week 14.

Just to give you another incidental, the games NC lost were games that the teams were bigger and totally dominated the O-line therefore able to get to the man before he could get started. Losses include Licking Heights (D2), Johnstown (lost to Steubenville), Heath, (The man did not play) and Watkins (D2). If Ft Frye can stop the man---28-7 Ft. Frye. If they can't---35-28 NC.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:How does everyone see this great game?

Just my opinion. NC has one player that has been absolutely the most dominant player in the history of NC
Gibson is a very good high school player but is not close to the most dominant player for NC. I married into the NC family in 1991. Rob Kelly was by far their most dominant player. Also IMHO there have been a couple other players I would also put in front of Gibby. I'm not bashing him at all, he is a tremendous asset for NC and the young man worked his butt off to be the player he is.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye RB Casey Lewis 1742 Yards 10.18 yards per 39 Tds

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens would love to host this game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'd be down for that about hour for both teams.

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Gibson is far from a one-man show. He is their stud on offense, but this will be the first two-platoon team FF will see this year. Best Dline an defense they have also faced. I will say key will be FF pass game. They will not win with the penalties and turnovers they had Friday. I will say NC in a physical, low-scoring game.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

A few sites that could be possible, if they put in for a week 13 game.

New Lexington
FF 37 miles 51 minutes
NC 31 miles 44 minutes

Philo
FF 33 miles 44 minutes
NC 36 miles 47 minutes

Maysville
FF 44 miles 58 minutes
NC 30 miles 43 minutes

Athens
FF 43 miles 59 minutes
NC 66 miles 1 hour 28 minutes