TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

Post by Catchup13 »

noreply66 wrote:Letting Warren in does make the overall league stronger. Warren is on its way back in football. 2020 will have them at the top of the TVC if they are let in.
What?
I watched Warren's junior high play this year and it was sad. You can say JH doesn't equate to high school wins, but the numbers in JH do play a role in building a program for the future. I think the 7th grade had around 14 players. And that might have been counting the ball boys. That tells you where your program is headed in 2020. Getting in the TVC won't change that.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I forget which one of you was giving it to me over bringing up expansion but.......... hahaahahahaah

I still think that VC, Alex, and Well will oppose it and maybe RV, Meigs, and NY join them if they consider more than football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I say add them and be done with it like the OVC did letting Ironton, Portsmouth and GAHS in.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know how population has affected the TVC, but I can only assume it's basically like the population decrease OVC wise in nature. it solved a bunch of scheduling problems, made the league as a whole stronger adding Ironton, Portsmouth and GAHS.and the travel is spread from Gallipolis to Fairland at it's farthest geographically. ironton may not have the teams like the hartleys, Wattersons, desales, on the schedule anymore. but we certainly were not being competitive with them the last several years any way. if the league is in a similar situation I'd add them, heck you have Athens in there anyway.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I don't know how population has affected the TVC, but I can only assume it's basically like the population decrease OVC wise in nature. it solved a bunch of scheduling problems, made the league as a whole stronger adding Ironton, Portsmouth and GAHS.and the travel is spread from Gallipolis to Fairland at it's farthest geographically. ironton may not have the teams like the hartleys, Wattersons, desales, on the schedule anymore. but we certainly were not being competitive with them the last several years any way. if the league is in a similar situation I'd add them, heck you have Athens in there anyway.
The TVC is in great shape they don't need to expand.
The only reason to expand is to make the Ohio have an even number of teams.
I'd be fine with Warren in the TVC but if they don't get in it won't hurt my feelings.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Warren would be a great addition. It would improve quality across the board, boys and girls. A lot of nice rivalries, and they will travel well. To the point of football, they will keep getting better every year for the next four years. A lot back for next year, and eighth grade was undefeated this year.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Irish Dawg wrote:Warren would be a great addition. It would improve quality across the board, boys and girls. A lot of nice rivalries, and they will travel well. To the point of football, they will keep getting better every year for the next four years. A lot back for next year, and eighth grade was undefeated this year.
Nope - Warren 8th grade lost to Athens 8th grade

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dawg I agree. geographically being to far spread out was the demise of the SEOAL. in an era where gas hit near 5 bucks a gallon, and teams spread from Zanesville to Portsmouth it was just too much. as much as I loved it. and the river towns had just lost so many people and jobs at AK Steel the Railroad. kids getting home mid week at 2AM from games on school nights. It was just a matter of time. as grand as she once was , it is no more.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I say if ya'll can fit them in, it helps scheduling let them in. what then remains of logan. are the in the new league with chilli or still independent.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they are kinda lost in the shuffle and on an island in the middle of no-where league wise.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I personally would like to see Warren rejoin the TVC, but I don't think that it is ever going to happen.

I'm curious as to why Warren is applying yet again after being told no on multiple occasions? Has something changed the minds of TVC member schools or is it just the desperation of needing to be in a conference for scheduling purposes?

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Guess Warren doesn't plan on qualifying for anything in the OVAC after all???

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

ShoeHorn wrote:
Irish Dawg wrote:Warren would be a great addition. It would improve quality across the board, boys and girls. A lot of nice rivalries, and they will travel well. To the point of football, they will keep getting better every year for the next four years. A lot back for next year, and eighth grade was undefeated this year.
Nope - Warren 8th grade lost to Athens 8th grade
Also lost to Trimble & tied Jackson. It is a decent class that went 12-3-2 over the last 2 years. The classes around the 8th grade have not fared well though. It's still a major uphill climb.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren would have to get bad in sports other than Football to get into the TVC. That is the only way Athens was let in.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Abe Froman wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:Terrible idea. Athens and Warren combined would win 75% of the league championships throughout all sports every year.
So instead of Athens winning 75%, Athens and Warren will win 75%, so Athens' percentage will go down lol.
You are correct. I thought it was an equally bad idea when they voted Athens in.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Warren would do well in basketball each year.....I am indifferent.....in or out......the TVC will still be a great league......

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Warren and RV are no different to me from a traveling perspective. Both drives are horrible.

If you ain't first, you're last!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Warren will be a football only member of the TVC by 2020. You heard it here first folks.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

What makes you think that

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Football only?......There in!!!

Return to “Football”