Trimble 21 Southern 6

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: Reg 27 #5 Southern (8-2) @ #4 Trimble (8-2)

Post by ArmChairQB »

Trimble vs. Waterford next Saturday ... Where will this game be played?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ArmChairQB wrote:Trimble vs. Waterford next Saturday ... Where will this game be played?
Marietta??

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:Trimble vs. Waterford next Saturday ... Where will this game be played?
Marietta??
They havent put in to host past couple years. We are kinda thinking Maysville

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

What about Athens?

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Need to open up the playbook next week
Last edited by whompascat on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Your a real man pick a young kid is their hard feelings their? Yes they need to open up the offense but don't pick on the young man..If they don't pass how is it fault if theystay in the wish bone.no I don't think so.

:roll: cats :roll:
whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

:o

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congrats to trimble great win.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

What a hard nosed, hard hitting football game. Southern was a few mental mistakes away from making it really interesting. Fumble inside the 10 on their first drive, false start on the 1'' line on another. Came away with no points. The tomcats made plays when they needed to though! Very impressed by the Rodgers kid. Probly the best reciever i have seen in a while. Wow.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

Its week 12 and I think we need to move past the QB situation at Trimble. The truth is that neither QB can throw the ball very well. Trimble is lining up in the wishbone because that's all they can do. The line is getting out muscled every time they try to pass. The QB is running for his life and can't set his feet to throw. The couple times he tried to throw it was off his back foot and the throws were way short. I don't think playing the Senior QB would make the line block any better. Trimble fullback didn't block very well all night. I understand the kid is just a freshman and will be a beast eventually, he just isn't right now. I noticed Trimble wide receivers were getting frustrated because they weren't getting the ball but it is not the sophomore QB fault. The QB,s are basically the same throwing the ball. The one difference is the sophomore is a little quicker on his feet and can get out of trouble when he needs to and he needs to quite often. He has been the QB since week 3 and I don't see the fat man making a change.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: Reg 27: 5. Southern (8-2) @ 4. Trimble (8-2)

Post by Jim Ryan »

Sports24/7 wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:The TVC Hocking will get to see what happens when a coach knows how to prepare for an opponent, when he has all his weapons to use. I'm not saying Southern will win but they will be prepared and will change some things up. I expect to see Trimble come out in the wishbone again, since that worked last time and they think no one prepares or changes anything. I know they are not worried cause their coaches were laughing and joking with Southern's AD the whole game Saturday night instead of actually scouting Southern.
Is this the same guy posting on here before the season about what Southern was going to do to Trimble this year??Kind of saying the same things....hmmmm...
Yes, same guy. And but for a few horrible calls by the officials Southern wins that game. So you got to see what coaching and preparing is all about. Can't wait till next season. Good luck trying to beat Waterford cause I don't see it happening unless you get the same refs. Of course Waterford has a way with refs too. Sooooo....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jim Ryan wrote:
Sports24/7 wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:The TVC Hocking will get to see what happens when a coach knows how to prepare for an opponent, when he has all his weapons to use. I'm not saying Southern will win but they will be prepared and will change some things up. I expect to see Trimble come out in the wishbone again, since that worked last time and they think no one prepares or changes anything. I know they are not worried cause their coaches were laughing and joking with Southern's AD the whole game Saturday night instead of actually scouting Southern.
Is this the same guy posting on here before the season about what Southern was going to do to Trimble this year??Kind of saying the same things....hmmmm...
Yes, same guy. And but for a few horrible calls by the officials Southern wins that game. So you got to see what coaching and preparing is all about. Can't wait till next season. Good luck trying to beat Waterford cause I don't see it happening unless you get the same refs. Of course Waterford has a way with refs too. Sooooo....
You got beat not once but twice by Trimble this season.... Go ahead, blame the refs. It just shows the kind of person you are. :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

^^^ The refs didn't cost Southern the game the first time around. Trimble won that game on our field. We had some key players who did not play in that game so we were not at 100%. Those players played in the second game and Trimble had no answer for them. If not for the bad calls the outcome would have been different. So say what you want, but that is the reality of it.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

By bad calls you mean when Southern players would move before the ball was snapped resulting in false start penalties? Not like Trimble's defense had anything to do with it by forcing a fumble in the red zone, bending, but not breaking, getting an interception after the onside recovery and offensively ,completing a pass on 4th and 15 to move the chains and scoring on the same possession, or the the fact that #30 played great, going over 125 yards rushing and 2 TDs as the #2 running back on the team. Southern played a very good ball game, made major adjustments since the 1st meeting and the players they got back did make a difference, but Trimble is just simply better. Congrats on a good season Tornados and good luck in the future.

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

That freshman is and will be the best in SE Ohio. He obviously did something right we beat Southern. Now we have to move on to Waterford.

Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

tomcat82 wrote:That freshman is and will be the best in SE Ohio. He obviously did something right we beat Southern. Now we have to move on to Waterford.
Well your right about one thing in your post, Trimble has to move on to Waterford. I am not saying the freshman won't be a decent player eventually. I think that will happen when he gets moved to the offensive line.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:
Sports24/7 wrote: Is this the same guy posting on here before the season about what Southern was going to do to Trimble this year??Kind of saying the same things....hmmmm...
You got beat not once but twice by Trimble this season.... Go ahead, blame the refs. It just shows the kind of person you are. :lol: :lol:
Jim Ryan is from Racine, he can't help it :lol:. Hilarious how this thread is still being argued on. He just can't let it go that Trimble was the better team both times around

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Someonebetter wrote:
tomcat82 wrote:That freshman is and will be the best in SE Ohio. He obviously did something right we beat Southern. Now we have to move on to Waterford.
Well your right about one thing in your post, Trimble has to move on to Waterford. I am not saying the freshman won't be a decent player eventually. I think that will happen when he gets moved to the offensive line.

The best Freshman in Athens County resides in Nelsonville. Not sure who someone better is referring to.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

This thread needs to die. It's week 12 now so move on folks.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

TVC wrote:This thread needs to die. It's week 12 now so move on folks.
Oh cmon TVC, let's see how long we can keep it alive for!!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”