Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

seasick80
All State

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by seasick80 »

NY BUCKS wrote:2 things i see..Waverly had you on the ropes and west played a good game against burg..what that tells me ..burg is beatable. .It will take mistake free ball..quick hitters slants ..Ny has the talent to make it a real good game i think it comes down to who wants it more.
Burg...or ....Buckeyes. .gut check time.....Bucks pulls the upset. ..
I would put NCH against Bucks and I would bet bucks win by 1. They were really athletic and challenged burg on every play. Burg had many mistakes. Interceptions holding calls u name it. Burg won convincingly. Waverly is a rivalry game. Can't compare. Been playing them for yeArs let alone they are a bigger school and they always play burg tough. Especially at their house. Ny will have a lot of players to account for from Burgs offense. If u can get to the Burgs Qb u can slow it down. If not, watch out

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

NY BUCKS wrote:2 things i see..Waverly had you on the ropes and west played a good game against burg..what that tells me ..burg is beatable. .It will take mistake free ball..quick hitters slants ..Ny has the talent to make it a real good game i think it comes down to who wants it more.
U could be right. Anything is possible. 2nd season. All bets are off. Who do u think ur Bucks have played that compares to this game? Obviously I think LC is my comparison. You?

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

My prediction is
NY-27
Burg-21

Hope I'm wrong and the burg represents the SOC

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well NY first 3 games were against quality opponents after that never really played anyone. Everyone is going to say Athens but they didn't beat a single team with a winning record. I think NY will score on Burg and this could turn into a shoot out. However, going to go with burg in this one bye couple scores.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

seasick80 wrote:
U could be right. Anything is possible. 2nd season. All bets are off. Who do u think ur Bucks have played that compares to this game? Obviously I think LC is my comparison. You?
..i will take a stab at it..its not who we played. .its who were playing. .Ny knows exactly what they are facing and will be ready for a slobber knocker..If you are judging Ny in early season make sure you tell burgs coaches you got it figured out. .Ny is Not the same TEAM..alot happen last year and this year's team..early season losses. .coupled with other community things has helped this team BOND ..new system new coaching

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Well, It's election day and I vote for the BURG to take the victory. I don't care by how much just get the "W". I don't like playing at Jackson. I'm sure some of the Burg coaches who played remember some playoff close game losses there. Amanda Clearcreek got them there. Both teams rock the house, play the game right, and have fun.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nothing worse than kicking the crap out of a team, Causes complacency.
i hope to see a tight game with Burg on top being pushed.
It makes a team stronger.

GO BURG

SEOFAN
Waterboy

Post by SEOFAN »

Just because someone thinks NY will get beat, doesn't mean they're being disrespected. As a NY fan, I'm just glad to see a playoff win after an 18 year drought. I think Burg will take it, but if the Bucks can play mistake free and get a turnover or two, that could make the difference.

I'm proud of what this team has accomplished after a 1-9 debacle in 2015. Good luck Bucks, and congrats to the Burg on an undefeated season(that I hope ends on Saturday!).

Go Bucks!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Nature Boy wrote:Well, It's election day and I vote for the BURG to take the victory. I don't care by how much just get the "W". I don't like playing at Jackson. I'm sure some of the Burg coaches who played remember some playoff close game losses there. Amanda Clearcreek got them there. Both teams rock the house, play the game right, and have fun.
We could have went all week without hearing that. :lol:

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Looking forward to a competitive game this week. Burg (11-0) has scored 424 and given up 88 points. NY (9-2) has scored 442 and give up 154 points.

Burg Defense gave up one first down against a 9-1 team last week VS. NY who scored 69 points last week.

IMO, game stays close for 3 quarters, with Burg pulling away. I predict score of Burg 24- NY 12.

GO BURG!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

After listening to my source, burg by a go zillion

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

What kind of offense does NY run?

Teams that have been successful against Wheelersburg have spread them out.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Oak wrote:What kind of offense does NY run?

Teams that have been successful against Wheelersburg have spread them out.
The Buckeyes run power formations and spread formations. They will run and throw out of both.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

greygoose wrote:Well NY first 3 games were against quality opponents after that never really played anyone. Everyone is going to say Athens but they didn't beat a single team with a winning record. I think NY will score on Burg and this could turn into a shoot out. However, going to go with burg in this one bye couple scores.
River Valley was 6-4, so Athens did beat a team with a winning record. :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Caught the end of practice yesterday. The Bucks are focused and working hard.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote:Caught the end of practice yesterday. The Bucks are focused and working hard.
Caught burgs practice yesterday, they were all lying around goofing off. Some were not there. Some forgot their pads. :roll:

This is the playoffs. Tell me what team is not going to be focused.
Last edited by wobycat on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AT'S A HOOT WOBY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

wobycat wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Caught the end of practice yesterday. The Bucks are focused and working hard.
Caught burgs practice yesterday, they were all lying around goofing off. Some were not there. Some forgot their pads. :roll:

This is the playoffs. Tell me what team is not going to be focused.
You don't have to be a jerk all the time.......

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Come on man. We both know these teams and coaches are going to do the best they can to win, especially these two. Too much tradition with these schools. I'm just having some fun with you guys. In the end, it's just game between some teenagers. Praying for a injury free game. And I still think burg by a go zillion.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I knew what you were saying no one team or community wants it more than the other. that's why I thought it was a funny post. trust me both teams are getting ready to lock horns. I'd asked earlier where the game was not even seeing the header.-------------duh.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”