Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by Neutron Man »

8332 Granite St wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:I dont think burg will run on Ny
I don't think they will need to...
I don't think NY will run on Wheelersburg
So I think best passing team wins.
GO PIRATES!
I will take that bet!
I will go as far as saying Burgs Rush Yards Are over 200!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

The problem NY fans are having right now is that they are getting caught up in a hot streak that the team is on.
It's a great run and you just creamed a highly overrated ZT team. Now you are entering the biggest game you've played in quite some time.
Burg had flaws and may or may not be like last seasons team, but I 1000% guarantee you have no clue what team you are facing. It's not cocky, it's not looking down on, but it's a fact that Burg sees teams like NY on a yearly bases.
I will still stick to a 2TD prediction, NY will not win the game, and if it's by more than that it won't surprise anyone! Including anyone in NY!

If I'm wrong I will take my crow and eat it too.

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

Neutron Man wrote:The problem NY fans are having right now is that they are getting caught up in a hot streak that the team is on.
It's a great run and you just creamed a highly overrated ZT team. Now you are entering the biggest game you've played in quite some time.
Burg had flaws and may or may not be like last seasons team, but I 1000% guarantee you have no clue what team you are facing. It's not cocky, it's not looking down on, but it's a fact that Burg sees teams like NY on a yearly bases.
I will still stick to a 2TD prediction, NY will not win the game, and if it's by more than that it won't surprise anyone! Including anyone in NY!

If I'm wrong I will take my crow and eat it too.
Burg will NOT beat NY by 2 tds. NY is not the same team that started the season. Took us awhile to put everything together. NY is clicking on all cylinders and NY can beat the burg!! Good luck to both teams. Hope for an injury free game. But NO ONE should be counting out the Buckeyes in this game.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Burg gets this one. NY is going to feel like they're playing Liberty Center again. Same result.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Wheelersburg scores greater than or equal to 30 and NY scores less than or equal to 20. Pirates aren't losing unless it be to a MAC school.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Things I have noticed so far from what I have seen on Nelsonville
1. 4-2 defense, may switch to 4-3 or 3-3 at times.
2. Man coverage all the time. QB scrambles will be a huge factor.
3. They don't contain the edges too well.
4. I form is the base O. Probably going to see a lot of this. Some pro sets but I can't imagine with their #1 back being out we see much of that.
5. They also have a spread set up and QB has decent arm.
6. OL is average at best. QB is under pressure too much.

Granted they did play very well last night. These are just some things I have noticed in film I have seen.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Pasteur has Burg winning by 15pts

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Wheelersburg scores greater than or equal to 30 and NY scores less than or equal to 20. Pirates aren't losing unless it be to a MAC school.
I have nothing but respect for burg Football. .But your fans a counting wins before the game is played. .Cocky fans..or not i think Ny has the ability to take burg and the fans down a notch..

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

There comes the word cocky again. Burg never goes into a game being cocky but they do go into a game being confident. That is with every Burg team in every sport.

Before they walk onto a field, court, or track, the Burg athletes have it in the back of their minds that they are going to win and it will be no different this Saturday. Not being cocky at all just stating facts.

If you walk onto one of those above venues thinking you are going to lose than most likely you will.

Don't get caught up in what you read on here this week. Every true Burg fan knows this will be a dogfight. NY must be good to first make the playoffs and then beat ZT like a drum.

Good luck Pirates. Looks a storm will be hitting Jackson around 7pm on Saturday.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Agree with some NY posters...no need to bash or get cocky. We are not rivals and should just sit back and have respect for both programs getting to play until the middle of November. Sure film and other things can find weaknesses and strengths with both squads. I am just thrilled to be able to head out on cool weekend nights and still enjoy some High School football.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

All you posters from Nelsontucky need to quit getting a sore butt :oops: because you think Burg posters are disrespecting you. :D You gain respect on the field. Yes, you appear to have a good team and I'm sure your Buckeyes will bring your A game just like the Burg will. Line it up and play ball and may the best team this Saturday night continue a successful playoff run.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think everyone knows Jackson is the most logical.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Two good team will be going at each other. Hoping for a good came from both.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Saying only a MAC team will beat Burg sounds more cocky than confident. That is all.

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

I agree 93bulldog.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I'm pretty stoked for this game. I would like to see the pirates come out on top and believe they will by a score or two. Either way my feelings won't be hurt if they lose. NY is a very good and respectable football team! Good luck to both teams and as always GO BURG!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I watched a little bit more. Here are a few more things and what I think will be keys for the Pirates to win this game.
1. Spy- NY QB is fleet of foot, this boy can make anything happen at any given time. Burg has to keep him in check.
2. Lay off the man to man- Coupled with number 1 here. When DB's have their backs to the QB can spell trouble. A 3rd and long doesn't mean anything.
3. Blitz- The only time the QB struggles is under heavy pressure, make him throw the ball early and get hits on him.
4. Read your keys- OL will tell you run or pass. TE is always opposite of the QB draw and to the running side on hand offs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lol.^^^^ nice!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

did you give that scouting report to your coaches or do they want it

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

whompascat wrote:did you give that scouting report to your coaches or do they want it
:lol: They probably don't want it. I mean I did post it on SEOPS.

Return to “Football”