Reg 11 #6 Chillicothe (8-2) @ #3 Hamilton Township (8-2)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Reg 11 #6 Chillicothe (8-2) @ #3 Hamilton Township (8-2)

Post by Raider6309 »

CM was a little different, they have completely dominated that league

DrewPasteur has HT over Chilli by 3 points
Calpreps has Chilli 22 HT 21

I've been saying since summer that region 11 has 7 equal teams and Desales :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Cavaliers from this Ironton Fighting Tiger fan in Ontario, OH

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE CHILLI CAVS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Green n gold76
Waterboy

Post by Green n gold76 »

I'm just happy that Chillicothe finally got a good first round draw.

Should be a real Donnybrook.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Bedlam by "the barn".

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Here we go!

Looks like a great day for a football game, and some horrifying cliches. Call it the tussle on the Tiger Turf, or contretemps by the cornfields.

Mmm-mmm! Something is simmering on the stove!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

At the half:

Hamilton Township 19
Chillicothe 0

Both teams have missed chip shot FGs and CHS blocked another. That was Chillicothe's only threat. HT has 275 yards of offense to CHS' 118.

Chillicothe gets the ball to start the 2nd half and must score to have a chance.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hamilton holds on

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

The better team definitely won tonight. Chillicothe got owned upfront on offense. HT has some big kids! They also have some very good athletes. The qb is small but has one of the quickest releases I've seen with a strong arm. Maughmer missed 3-4 passes which would have been sure touchdowns. He did not throw the ball well at all. I think the only thing we did well was stuff the run, run defense was nice. They just had some big big plays.

Congrats on a good year Cavs. Yes i am going to get on my soapbox here. It amazes me that Ron Hinton has 2 state titles. He must have had Lawrence Taylor at LB and Boomer Esiason at QB. We literally run every single play in, no wrist band. AND when we were trying to score with 5 minutes left to make things interesting he is STILL running each play in taking forevvvvver....and he waits until the play is over to decide what is going to get called next taking even more time almost resulting in a delay of game each time!!!!.... HT looked like a well oiled machine out there tonight. Multiple Signal callers. 2 state titles? No way!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:The better team definitely won tonight. Chillicothe got owned upfront on offense. HT has some big kids! They also have some very good athletes. The qb is small but has one of the quickest releases I've seen with a strong arm. Maughmer missed 3-4 passes which would have been sure touchdowns. He did not throw the ball well at all. I think the only thing we did well was stuff the run, run defense was nice. They just had some big big plays.

Congrats on a good year Cavs. Yes i am going to get on my soapbox here. It amazes me that Ron Hinton has 2 state titles. He must have had Lawrence Taylor at LB and Boomer Esiason at QB. We literally run every single play in, no wrist band. AND when we were trying to score with 5 minutes left to make things interesting he is STILL running each play in taking forevvvvver....and he waits until the play is over to decide what is going to get called next taking even more time almost resulting in a delay of game each time!!!!.... HT looked like a well oiled machine out there tonight. Multiple Signal callers. 2 state titles? No way!
That's because he had a well oiled machine at AC and for that conference and that division that was an offense that worked for them. That's why he has 2 state titles they were well earned with THAT team and in that division. Having said that he's stepped up onto a bigger stage with faster athletes and more quality teams. Sounds as if he needs to change with the times somewhat. Does he need to change his entire philosophy no because he's done a nice job turning the cavs program around. However, sounds as if maybe he needs to adjust his ways a bit. Down 2 scores you've got to be in a hurry up offense.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

You're gonna hate this, but if it wasn't for an atrociously bad penalty, Hinton would have 3 state championships (aiding the runner, when the runner was already in)

Ball control works if your team is disciplined enough to do, like with Clinton Massie winning back to back titles in D4 or Hilliard Davidson doing it in D1, it can/should work.

That being said, the only time I saw the Cavs play this year, they had some funky time management mishaps. Unioto actually has the QB come over to get the play call, so what Chillicothe does isn't the most ineffective way to get plays in quickly...but it got both teams in the playoffs, so tough to really complain.

Oh, and Clinton Massie ran every play call in against Chillicothe.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Whew! I feel like we dodged a bullet tonight. That Maughmer is an impressive QB, and a strong runner. Yes, I noticed the Chillicothe receivers beating our DB's, and the pass going just over their head a few times.

Yeah, the Chillicothe D-line owned the line of scrimmage tonight, very nice job clogging up the holes. We were lucky at times, just glad to get out of there with a W.

I would echo greygoose's comments on Ron Hinton. As a lifelong HT resident, Coach Hinton's AC teams ran roughshod over us most of his tenure there - they weren't huge teams, just tough and well-coached.. During the few times we did beat AC, we felt like we'd won the league that year. A win over a Hinton-coached team always means a little more. Much respect for that man. I figured it wouldn't take too long for him to have the Cavaliers in the playoffs regularly. Hopefully he'll make those adjustments to adapt to the "modern" way, while keeping the core values that got him there.

Did anyone else try the potato soup? Someone brought me some, and I thought it was unique - like they added nutmeg or ginger to it. Those band parents are creative.

I heard an HT fan was in so much hurry to get into the game tonight that his car got stuck in a ditch out by Rathmell Rd, and he just left it there so he could get inside, and the car rolled over on it side after he got out ....... That was almost as good as the time a Teays Valley fan came to the game at Hamilton Twp with a truck load of live chickens, and the chickens got loose in the parking lot during the game. I heard the the guy was in a fowl mood when they told him. True story, by the way.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Yea you have to have a hurry up in those situations and i think its just stubbornness to not adapt.Running each play in with 5 minutes to go down 13 is not going to cut it. I said it when he first got to to Chilli and everyone was like "coach we got speed here" and he still ran the speed athletes like a power program. He has since came around.
On a positive note, for the first time this year i loved the play calling tonight. We really threw the ball a lot and tried some things. Unfortunately we were not able to connect on some wide open receivers. Congrats HT your team is solid, i was very impressed.

ITS TIME FOR BBALL! Branden Maughmer is also a heck of a bball player and this years Cavs team is going to be NICE!

GO CAVS!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the cavs for another awesome year of football.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
CMorris_99
Waterboy

Post by CMorris_99 »

Just like I said before, one and done. Now you are off to the most irrelevant league in Ohio. To make matters worse you drop Massie as a non league game. Heard you picked up Logan to replace Massie. Way to just schedule teams for wins instead of playoff preparation. This is exactly why you'll never make a run. Good luck and good ridence. Have fun on the frontier where no one will hear about you again.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't know about football but I will have plenty on the Cavs during CC and Track

Go Cavs and the new league

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

CMorris_99 wrote:Just like I said before, one and done. Now you are off to the most irrelevant league in Ohio. To make matters worse you drop Massie as a non league game. Heard you picked up Logan to replace Massie. Way to just schedule teams for wins instead of playoff preparation. This is exactly why you'll never make a run. Good luck and good ridence. Have fun on the frontier where no one will hear about you again.
Are you butthurt? Go away clown

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Bronc21 wrote:
CMorris_99 wrote:Just like I said before, one and done. Now you are off to the most irrelevant league in Ohio. To make matters worse you drop Massie as a non league game. Heard you picked up Logan to replace Massie. Way to just schedule teams for wins instead of playoff preparation. This is exactly why you'll never make a run. Good luck and good ridence. Have fun on the frontier where no one will hear about you again.
Are you butthurt? Go away clown

Apparently butt hurt and uneducated. Bad combination. "Riddance" not "ridence". Lol.

Return to “Football”