Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: mad-dogg

Post by NY BUCKS »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Heard athens also
That would be a screw job for sure to the number one team in the region and in d5
It happen to us when we played burg at ironton and portsmouth

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

NY BUCKS wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Heard athens also
That would be a screw job for sure to the number one team in the region and in d5
It happen to us when we played burg at ironton and portsmouth
We all know the ohsaa isn't fair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Bucks06
Waterboy

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by Bucks06 »

This will be one heck of a game. In my opinion who ever comes out of this game on top takes the region!!!

GO BUCKS!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If it is in Athens that would be a crock. Does Athens HS even have turf???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If it is in Athens that would be a crock. Does Athens HS even have turf???
Athens has turf. They actually have a pretty awesome facility now.
I don't think it will be their though.
I honestly don't think OHSAA would do that when Jackson is basically half way for both squads.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I think Ny gives burg fits all night. .I think Ny pulls the upset..Ny has more than 1 weapon. .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote:As long as Jackson applied to host this year I would think logistically it would make the most sense. Nothing against Waverly but after all the complaints last year, if they're choosing between Jackson and Waverly that could very well come into play and we'll see this game at Jackson. Great Parking, more seating then enough seating for these 2 teams and just right off the highway without having to go downtown. Burg's defense played lights out tonight but take on a much different opponent in NY. Plenty of game tape to watch having seen NY put up 69. Good luck to both teams. I'm going to take burg with the experience in this one by 2 scores. If NY can withstand the 1st burg punch could be quite a game, as burg jumps out fast putting teams behind the 8-ball so to speak before they can get settled in.
Jackson makes the most sense, if they applied, but Waverly is much different this year than last, greygoose. Much more added parking along with added seating.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Orange and Brown wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:If it is in Athens that would be a crock. Does Athens HS even have turf???
Athens has turf. They actually have a pretty awesome facility now.
I don't think it will be their though.
I honestly don't think OHSAA would do that when Jackson is basically half way for both squads.
That would be a HUGE screw to the back door of the burg without any lube. The number one team in the region and in d5 shouldn't have their 2nd round game in the opponents county. I hope burg files a complaint with the ohsaa if it is at athens

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg just don't give up many points. NY better stop burg to have a chance.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote:
greygoose wrote:As long as Jackson applied to host this year I would think logistically it would make the most sense. Nothing against Waverly but after all the complaints last year, if they're choosing between Jackson and Waverly that could very well come into play and we'll see this game at Jackson. Great Parking, more seating then enough seating for these 2 teams and just right off the highway without having to go downtown. Burg's defense played lights out tonight but take on a much different opponent in NY. Plenty of game tape to watch having seen NY put up 69. Good luck to both teams. I'm going to take burg with the experience in this one by 2 scores. If NY can withstand the 1st burg punch could be quite a game, as burg jumps out fast putting teams behind the 8-ball so to speak before they can get settled in.
Jackson makes the most sense, if they applied, but Waverly is much different this year than last, greygoose. Much more added parking along with added seating.
I know it's much different from last year, I'm just saying if they're choosing between the 2 venues you've got one you KNOW has everything you're looking for and is halfway with easy highway access. The other caused a lot of troubles last year and let's face it, everyone would be coming from the south talk about bumper to bumper. It's no knock on Waverly but just something I think would be in the back of their minds as they're picking venues.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson would be the best option. Oak Hill also has turf but I don't think they would have near enough seating capacity for this one.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Dundas wrote:Jackson would be the best option. Oak Hill also has turf but I don't think they would have near enough seating capacity for this one.
No offense to oak hill. They have a nice stadium but neither side has enough seating to hold the burg and ny crowd

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Waverly to NY 76 miles
Waverly to Wheelersburg 36 miles

Won't be Waverly, Jackson put in for playoffs.. The logical choice should be Jackson, but y'all know OHSAA. Jackson can handle the crowd and parking with no problem...

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

And it starts lol

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Athens to NY 14 miles
Athens to Wheelersburg 76

Don't think it'll be Athens!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Roadhog wrote:Waverly to NY 76 miles
Waverly to Wheelersburg 36 miles

Won't be Waverly, Jackson put in for playoffs.. The logical choice should be Jackson, but y'all know OHSAA. Jackson can handle the crowd and parking with no problem...
VIA mapquest on my phone

Burg to waverly 45 min 34 miles
NY to waverly 1 hr 21 min 69 miles

But yea your right it should not be at waverly or chillicothe. The only logical choice is jackson

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

:ugeek:
Roadhog wrote:Athens to NY 14 miles
Athens to Wheelersburg 76

Don't think it'll be Athens!!!
If it's there I hope to god that burg files a complaint with the ohsaa

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens will get Trimble vs Waterford

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Locations of past NY/Burg playoff games:

1981 - Ironton
1994 - Portsmouth
1997 - Lancaster
1998 - Portsmouth

The series is tied 2-2 and both teams easily won each game they won.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

In my opinion Burg just defeated the best #8 seed I've seen in a while Zane Trace had no business even being in the Playoffs and I do believe NY is better this year and Burg will have to play a good defensive game to get by them and I am hoping the game will be in Jackson great facilities there and Burg has had a tougher schedule but come week 12 all that stuff really doesnt matter anymore its who comes out and executes the best gameplan and Burg holding the Wood to just one first down and a total of 42 yds of offense was outstanding so GO BURG!

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”