Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FLUSH I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THIS. VALLEY VIEW IS VERY PRECISION ORIENTED, AND A WEALTH OF PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE. AND PLENTY OF KIDS TO PICK FROM. AS TEAMS DOWN SOUTH HERE WE HAVE TO BETTER OUR OOC OPPONENTS AND BEAT THEM. YOU REALLY HAVE TO DOMINATE THE SOC OR OVC TO COMPETE PAST THE REGULAR SEASON.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Love the playoff atmosphere last night and great season for the Tigers. Never thought going into this year Waverly would finish 9-1 and get a home playoff game. Tiger program is definitely on the upswing. Tons to build on for next year and we return a solid nucleus.

Only one real bummer last night for me. The first series of the game. The Tigers stuff VV on two consecutive plays and force a third and long. VV runs a screen and Waverly is all over it and would have forced a punt. But the VV back fumbles and another kid picks up the ball and advances it for a first down. VV goes on to score. Would have been nice to have hung around a little longer. VV was clearly the better team in all facets. Good Luck next week!

The back from VV was head and shoulders the best player on the field. He's at a completely different level. I hear he's headed to the Northwestern to play tailback. Don't know if a Waverly team has ever had to face a kid with that kind of speed and talent. Impressive!

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

This just shows what it means to play good competition , Waverly should have best Wheelersburg who is considered the best in southern ohio. ......just to point out how good Waverly is no knock on burg......but VV was not even top team in their league buzzed right through Waverly like nothing

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Noitall wrote:This just shows what it means to play good competition , Waverly should have best Wheelersburg who is considered the best in southern ohio. ......just to point out how good Waverly is no knock on burg......but VV was not even top team in their league buzzed right through Waverly like nothing
well, if u look at a map of the Germantown area, and supposing u have open enrollment, looks to me if u have a good coach and want to play all the time instead of sitting on a bench at Middletown or troy or Miamisburg, u could goto Germantown and play. Not saying they are all adjacent to VV school district but there are a heck of a lot more kids living around Germantown than Waverly. And I am NOT saying that is whats going on. And u can ask waverly to travel 50 to 100 miles every other week for 5 weeks to play that competition ur talking about but why? Columbus Ready played one heck of a schedule 25th toughest in div6 and played 10-0 Hanibal River 95th in div6 and won 21-14 I believe. I think its all about coaching and individual matchups. Yes if u play a team with more athleticism u tend to be able to react better in later games if ur scheme helps that. But u cant do it if u overplay ur team and they are getting banged up and then not playing as a unit because ur hobbled at this position or that position. Could backfire on you

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Division 4, is so tough to win. If you are a barely in the division with a team by low boy numbers, you better have the best team in your schools history then pray. D4 and D3 are the same to me.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

What is VV's enrollment?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

197, they are on the low end of D IV.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Looking forward to week 10 next year......Waverly needs to be proud of their season......they should be really good again next year!!

Return to “Football”