Fort Frye 44 Centerburg 6

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Reg 23 #7 Centerburg (8-2) @ #2 Fort Frye (10-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Pastuer has Fort Frye as a 13 point favorite and says 80% chance to win.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

here's what the columbus dispatch had to say about this game...

UPSET SPECIAL

Centerburg (8-2) over Beverly Fort Frye (10-0). Fort Frye faced just one opponent with a winning record. Having played solid competition week in and week out in the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference, Centerburg is equipped to upset Fort Frye — just like eighth-seeded Fredericktown did in last year’s opening round.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

blackshooky wrote:here's what the columbus dispatch had to say about this game...

UPSET SPECIAL

Centerburg (8-2) over Beverly Fort Frye (10-0). Fort Frye faced just one opponent with a winning record. Having played solid competition week in and week out in the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference, Centerburg is equipped to upset Fort Frye — just like eighth-seeded Fredericktown did in last year’s opening round.

Maybe they should of doubled checked things because he Fort beat 2 teams with a winning record. Also last year the Cadets were 10-0 but struggled and barely got by in some games this year they've won every game by 17 or more including a 21 point win over (9-1) Waterford. Fort Frye has almost tripled offensive yard production from last year. I hope the Trojans come in over confident.

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

EasternDspy wrote:
blackshooky wrote:here's what the columbus dispatch had to say about this game...

UPSET SPECIAL

Maybe they should of doubled checked things because he Fort beat 2 teams with a winning record. Also last year the Cadets were 10-0 but struggled and barely got by in some games this year they've won every game by 17 or more including a 21 point win over (9-1) Waterford. Fort Frye has almost tripled offensive yard production from last year. I hope the Trojans come in over confident.
Yes they did beat Waterford but it shouldn't have been by 21. It was more like 7

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO CADETS!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H-back wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

UPSET SPECIAL

Yes they did beat Waterford but it shouldn't have been by 21. It was more like 7

Except it was 21 the Wildcats fell apart in the fourth. Failed to convert from 1. Then the Wildcats turned it over on the last 2 drives with and int and fumble. The fumble was returned for a TD. Those plays actually did happen so you can play the coulda woulda shoulda game all you want but the game was decided on the field.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadet Stats
Rushing
Casey Lewis 142-1474 10.3
Garret Lochary 60- 613 10.05
Clay Baker 25 - 233 9.32
Leiton Stewart 19- 114 6

Passing
Tate Engle 57-97 1159 15 Tds 3 Int

Rec
Brady Carpenter 18 467 25.9
Garrett Lochary 10 201 20.1
Leiton Stewart 6 156 26
Casey Lewis 6 108 18

Casey Lewis lead the Marietta Times with 190 points scored this year 31 Tds a couple 2 point conversions. Garrett Lochary scored 104 points and 13 Tds with rest of his points coming off Pat. Brady Carpenter hauled in 5 Tds in the air one rushing.

Colton Sampson, Brady and Fisher also had nice rushing weeks last week. Got to give credit to the offensive line who has paved the way for all Rbs great rushing avgs. Also Prittchard and Mceloud have been nice pass catching Tes.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I'm not going to pick a winner in this one. This is a toss-up. I will predict though that whoever wins this game will be packing it in after week 12.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:I'm not going to pick a winner in this one. This is a toss-up. I will predict though that whoever wins this game will be packing it in after week 12.

Good thing you don't get paid for you're Predictions.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

EasternDspy wrote:

UPSET SPECIAL

Tripled?

The stats you posted show about 3600 yards....FF only had a little over 1200 yards last year? Not sure I follow your math.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Crab's Brother wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

UPSET SPECIAL

Tripled?

The stats you posted show about 3600 yards....FF only had a little over 1200 yards last year? Not sure I follow your math.
I was probably off on the triple part but not all the stats are here. This is only top performers. I might be wrong they might not of even doubled them. Just seemed that way but they have been scoring on very short drives and very short fields.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:I'm not going to pick a winner in this one. This is a toss-up. I will predict though that whoever wins this game will be packing it in after week 12.

You might want to hold off on that statement until after the games are played.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

Fort Frye vs Ready do play in basketball.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

UPSET SPECIAL

Even after watching Fort Frye, I could not really tell you how good they are, so what does a Columbus sportswriter know? they are just filling up space Iin the sports section.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

That's very true.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

2015 Cadets (10-0)
Scored 307 allowed 102

2016 Cadets (10-0)
Scored 442 allowed 92

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

Your Point?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:

Your Point?
Just letting you know no crap talking just conversational.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Jacob Prittchard has been a beast at DE as the season goes on. Centerburg might need to give help on him.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I like Fort Frye in this one. I'll say 35-14. I really feel as if the Cadets staff and team learned a lot from their playoff experience last year. Fort is going to be a tough outing for anyone because of their team chemistry. Plus, I feel as if Fort Frye's team really assessed who they are (from last year) and corrected the mistakes. EasternDspy, I think that's why you've seen a jump in their scoring, a drop in opposition scoring, and more points scored. I think this is their year to win, at the bare minimum, the first round game. Hell, they might be gelling at the right time and win the region. I know that's a little out in left field but, in 2009 I saw a #6 seed Ridgewood win the region and in 2012 #6 seed Liberty-Union win the region. If Fort Frye comes together and realizes they're on a mission and can compete with anybody in the region, they have a chance to go as far as they want. Coach Huck and his staff have more than proved themselves in the regular season. Is Huck the first Fort Frye coach to beat Monroe Central in Woodsfield, Dspy? I know Fort Frye beat Woodsfield (not MC) at least once.

Return to “Football”