Wheelesrburg 37 Ridgewood 6

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: Reg 19 #8 Ridgewood (9-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (10-0)

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg needs to go find that team which wore Pirate football uniforms the first 4 weeks of the season. They are out there. I hope they show up or the Generals will have them walking the plank. Ridgewood has quietly been taking care of business like Garaway and Coshocton. Burg is good as long as they don't make the mental errors. 10-0 is hard to do let alone twice in a row. What a team! Time for the second season to start and get on a roll. GO BURG!!!!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The most points Burgs defense has given up is 14 the 19 points that NCH put up on Burg 6 of those points came off a pick 6 by NCH defense I think Ridgewood has a nice defense but dont think their offense can score enough th win it But I do hope that Burg has all those penalties and silly mistakes behind them its week 11 its win or go home time GO BURG!!

Burg grad 85
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

wobycat wrote:They aren't as good, they're better. Defense is lights out.
Do you really believe that?
Defense was much better last year. Offensive line was much better. Skill players are about even. Last year's team was 2 to 3 touchdowns better.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Oak wrote:
Defense was much better last year. Offensive line was much better. Skill players are about even. Last year's team was 2 to 3 touchdowns better.
Yeah, what he just said

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak wrote:
Of course, I wouldn't of said it if I didn't believe it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm not comparing defenses or offenses. I'm comparing teams. Way more depth. I can't think of one player that stays on the field for every snap. Overall they are better.

casey1017
Waterboy

Post by casey1017 »

Looking forward to coming back home to Scioto County this weekend to see Ridgewood play at Wheelersburg. I grew up in South Webster. I have continued to follow Burg and teams in the SOC since moving to central Ohio in the 96 and West Lafayette in 04. Wood fans have a lot of respect for the Pirates program and the level play in southern Ohio. Fan support for the Pirates is also top notch. Ridgewood has come along way since making their first playoff appearance in 03. This season marks the Generals 12th in 14 years. Looking forward to a great game and seeing family and old high school classmates at the game.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Wood by 3pts. FG with :58seconds left to take the lead.

Left hash.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Be careful coming down.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:Wood by 3pts. FG with :58seconds left to take the lead.

Left hash.
Uh no.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Left hash.
Even throwing in ball placement, nice.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

casey1017 wrote:Looking forward to coming back home to Scioto County this weekend to see Ridgewood play at Wheelersburg. I grew up in South Webster. I have continued to follow Burg and teams in the SOC since moving to central Ohio in the 96 and West Lafayette in 04. Wood fans have a lot of respect for the Pirates program and the level play in southern Ohio. Fan support for the Pirates is also top notch. Ridgewood has come along way since making their first playoff appearance in 03. This season marks the Generals 12th in 14 years. Looking forward to a great game and seeing family and old high school classmates at the game.
Hummm....I was told that the Ridgewood Kicker's father is from South Webster? Have a safe drive and welcome.

casey1017
Waterboy

Post by casey1017 »

Yes, you are correct. My wife is a Ridgewood grad and works in the district. Great place to raise a family. Reminds me a lot of Scioto County. My four brothers still live in South Webster. Will be a nice homecoming.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

P(irate) wrote:

Left hash.
Even throwing in ball placement, nice.

I always want my specific predictions to come true like this! lol. It's fun if it happens.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I have only seen the Burg 3 times (2 in person) and I also believe last year they were better. I think the only thing this team has on last's is a little more explosion on offense.

I would like to have seen this Burg team play next's years schedule. I think we would have a little better impression of where they are. I do think they are a very good team, but I don't see them winning the Region. JMO.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Crab's Brother wrote:I have only seen the Burg 3 times (2 in person) and I also believe last year they were better. I think the only thing this team has on last's is a little more explosion on offense.

I would like to have seen this Burg team play next's years schedule. I think we would have a little better impression of where they are. I do think they are a very good team, but I don't see them winning the Region. JMO.
In your opinion who wins the region then?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

8332 Granite St wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:I have only seen the Burg 3 times (2 in person) and I also believe last year they were better. I think the only thing this team has on last's is a little more explosion on offense.

He has no idea. He's just basing it on that burg isn't as good as last year in his opinion.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

to all the ridgewood fans making the trip down have a safe trip. be sure to take in a delicious fred's pizza before or after the game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:

He has no idea. He's just basing it on that burg isn't as good as last year in his opinion.

I think whoever wins the Garaway/Coshocton game takes the region. I posted it on the Region prediction thread. It wouldn't shock me one bit if the Burg does it again. All I am saying is I have watched them 3 times and I don't feel like they are as good. They are a very good football team. It isn't that in the slightest. I just feel they were better last year (and for that matter I think the best of the last 3 years was 2014, IMO). Like I said, it is just my opinion.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote:
    wobycat wrote:
    8332 Granite St wrote: In your opinion who wins the region then?

I think whoever wins the Garaway/Coshocton game takes the region. I posted it on the Region prediction thread. It wouldn't shock me one bit if the Burg does it again. All I am saying is I have watched them 3 times and I don't feel like they are as good. They are a very good football team. It isn't that in the slightest. I just feel they were better last year (and for that matter I think the best of the last 3 years was 2014, IMO). Like I said, it is just my opinion.
    Do not disagree with the 2014 remark, but overall I feel this team is better than last.

Return to “Football”