Wheelesrburg 37 Ridgewood 6

Abe Froman
S

Re: Reg 19 #8 Ridgewood (9-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (10-0)

Post by Abe Froman »

We should be fine here, barring a bunch of unforced errors/turnovers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK PIRATES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Gonna go with da burg here

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

A Scioto County team! A Trojan rooting for Burg

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Re: WK 11: Ridgewood @ Wheelersburg

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Westfan wrote:Wheelersburg is good, but not even close to last year's team on either side of the ball. So far they have out athleted the teams around here. They will make a nice run, but they aren't what fans made them out to be.
I agree my bet is they won't make it past the 2nd round....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:
Westfan wrote:Wheelersburg is good, but not even close to last year's team on either side of the ball. So far they have out athleted the teams around here. They will make a nice run, but they aren't what fans made them out to be.
You guys are right. This team is the worst 10-0 team in the history of burg. I can't believe they were the top seed. They barely got by that 9-1 Waverly team at their place. Somehow they fluked by Ironton, and I'm not sure how they won the soc. Oh well. Better luck next year.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

wobycat wrote:
Jeremy ghs05 wrote:
You guys are right. This team is the worst 10-0 team in the history of burg. I can't believe they were the top seed. They barely got by that 9-1 Waverly team at their place. Somehow they fluked by Ironton, and I'm not sure how they won the soc. Oh well. Better luck next year.
And let's not forget how they beat that small school in D3 Jackson lol....some ppl are idiots...never mind it's a West fan.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ridgewood has to be tired of driving to SEO...lol

This one is CLOSER than the experts think but the Burg gets it done and moves on to round 2.

Good luck Pirates!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:
Are you two running for the Town Idiot? This has to be the closest race in election history.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

coop wrote:Ridgewood has to be tired of driving to SEO...lol

This one is CLOSER than the experts think but the Burg gets it done and moves on to round 2.

Good luck Pirates!
There are no experts on this board but I think burg cruises.

Maverick4
Waterboy

Post by Maverick4 »

coop wrote:Ridgewood has to be tired of driving to SEO...lol

Good luck Pirates!
Yes Coop we are.
07- Burg
08- Portsmouth West
09- Minford
10- Burg
11-Valley
15-Burg but it was atleast in Logan.

Very excited to see the new Burg facilities.
Seems these two teams match up often. Baseball 06, 13, 15.

rubberchicken
Waterboy

Post by rubberchicken »

P(irate) wrote:
wobycat wrote:
P(irate) wrote:Watching a little bit of Ridgewood here are a few things I have noticed:
1) The RB's run straight up. THEY make themselves to be huge targets.
2) RB's are not THAT fast.
3) QB has a good arm and is really quick.
4) Pistol style offense with 2 backs. Always a man in motion to the side they run. Even the counter trey.
5) Defense runs either a 4-2 or 3-3. Always bring 4 in the 3-3.
6) Zone, zone and more zone. CB's lock their guy down but everyone else plays zone.
7) The middle is open @ about 10-15 yd routes.
8) Coverage is always watching QB. Receivers can get open.
9) Kicker is not great for distance. Should start with decent field position all night. Kicks are landing around the 20.
10) Punter is average at best. His kicks are short but he gets the roll.
That is really in depth. Have you seen a game on them? They've got highlights on YouTube but haven't seen anything like a complete game.
Yea. I've seen film. I watchef the stuff on YouTube as well. It's just highlights. In game film they look a lot different. THEY struggle at times. I really think Burg wins this one by 3 scores.
Depending on what games you saw on the Wood, you may have seen them without their best player #30. Injured his ankle in week #5 missed games 6,7, played 1st quarter in week 8 before reinjuring ankle. Game 6 being Garaway. He played some defensively against Garaway but for the most part on 1 leg. He was replaced by a freshmen at the Tailback position. His absence ultimately did not decide any games he missed, but playing without your best player hurts most teams.
The Wood is pretty good defensively, especially against the run. Tough group of kids that play hard.
Any time you play the #1 ranked team in the state I think you are considered the underdog...not sure why posters on here feel the need to predict a win in this one, Burg should win...should win the region. With that said the Wood will not be driving 3.5 hrs to be a ceremonial fill in, they will not be intimidated, Burg will have to earn their way to week 12.

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

I would say Burg and Garaway got the toughest draws of the top 4 seeds. Much rather see Ironton or Zane Trace in 1st round. Ridgewood will be a test no doubt come Saturday night.

seanyj123
Waterboy

Post by seanyj123 »

Ridgewood over burg!!! Ridgewood has too much talent and Burg has been looking weak. Ridgewood 42, Burg 21

Maverick4
Waterboy

Post by Maverick4 »

I smell a troll in Seanyj123. Trying to get the Burg going.

BuBuBurgistheWORD
Waterboy

Post by BuBuBurgistheWORD »

There is a reason the Pirates are #1 in this region and Rudgewood is #8. It's the best team vs the worst team. I think Wheelersburg has the clock running after first possession of 2nd half. On to week 12!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Oh my, here we go. So, is it enough of the football talk and back to the nonsense? I knew it wouldn't last long. :lol:

Zane Trace (IS the worse team in region 19 playoffs,)

Both Nelsonville, and Ironton are living on borrowed time.

Liberty Union and Ridgewood are the dark horses

Coshocton??

Wheelersburg and Garaway are the favorites, but I predict one of them gets upset by a darkhorse. My gut says Liberty Union over Garaway.
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

Burg is without a doubt best team in the region. I honestly believe that garaway and coshocton are 2/3, the teams pretty close. I would say Ridgewood and York are a close 4/5. The burg should win this one. But i do think it will only be a 1 or 2 touchdown game. Ridgewood usually comes to play and their kids will battle. The burg IMO is not as good as last year. But they are still an extremely solid football team, playing on their own turf, with a chance to get to go on a run. This game will not be a running clock.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

seanyj123 wrote:Ridgewood over burg!!! Ridgewood has too much talent and Burg has been looking weak. Ridgewood 42, Burg 21
:lol: No one has put up over 19 points on Burg this year. Defense is solid.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

hegotgame wrote:Burg is without a doubt best team in the region. I honestly believe that garaway and coshocton are 2/3, the teams pretty close. I would say Ridgewood and York are a close 4/5. The burg should win this one. But i do think it will only be a 1 or 2 touchdown game. Ridgewood usually comes to play and their kids will battle. The burg IMO is not as good as last year. But they are still an extremely solid football team, playing on their own turf, with a chance to get to go on a run. This game will not be a running clock.
They aren't as good, they're better. Defense is lights out.

Return to “Football”