Fort Frye 44 Centerburg 6

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Reg 23: 7.Centerburg (8-2)@ 2.Fort Frye (10-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

MeyerSpread wrote:I'll go with Fort Frye 31-21.

I'll credit this win to their tough scrimmages.

:lol:

Go get em!

Haha

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Stan_Marsh wrote:I'm going with Fort Frye on this one as long as they don't come out sloppy. I think Fort Frye is the better team, but I will also state that Centerburg seldom turns the ball over and usually takes advantage of opponents mistakes.
Did you get a chance to catch East Knox this year? I heard they were improved this year. It looks like Centerburg handled them pretty well, was curious if you think EK was decent this year or not and if that win is indicative at all to what Centerburg will bring to the table.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

formerfcfan wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:I'm going with Fort Frye on this one as long as they don't come out sloppy. I think Fort Frye is the better team, but I will also state that Centerburg seldom turns the ball over and usually takes advantage of opponents mistakes.
Did you get a chance to catch East Knox this year? I heard they were improved this year. It looks like Centerburg handled them pretty well, was curious if you think EK was decent this year or not and if that win is indicative at all to what Centerburg will bring to the table.

Ek was ok this year. Pretty young team that MIGHT do something in a couple of years. But definitely better than the dumpster fire they usually are. 6 wins against average or bad teams and got outscored something like 150-13 by the 4 playoff caliber teams they faced. I believe in 1 or 2 of their games they won without an offensive td and around 150 of O. Defense was pretty good. Offense struggled against anybody with a pulse . I think centerburg held them to one first down in first 2 1/2 qtrs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Centerburg if you look at scores on the schedule they are very inconsistent struggling vs some bad teams. They did give Highland a game and blew out Cardington Lincoln. Almost lost to Fredericktown town and Cardington Lincoln blasted them. So which Centerburg team shows up. I think the Cadets bigger Dline can plug up the middle causing Carpenter and Lewis to use speed at LB to make plays. Cadets have not played a WR as big or as talented as Sterling Armstrong. Maybe run some zone or help Garrett over the top.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Eastern, you are absolutely not wrong about that. I can, however, provide a little but of insight on those Cardington and Highland games. That is, in both of those games Highland and Cardington turned the ball over almost like they wanted to lose those nights. Not taking anything away from the Trojans, but when I say that Centerburg is good at taking advantages of opponents mistakes and turnovers and make very little of their own I am totally referencing to the Cardington and Highland game. Northmor, Mount Gilead, and Fredericktown played excellent, gave Centerburg their best and did NOT turn the ball over and Centerburg won all by around 1 possession. I give the Trojans credit in that they are discipline when it comes to turnovers and sloppy play, but they are not good enough to win in the playoffs without the opponent making some mistakes of their own. Fort Frye can decide the outcome of this game simply by how many times they turn the ball over. If they don't turn it over, they will probably win in controlling fashion, if they do, then they will win, but it will probably be like the Highland score you saw.

Former fcf fan,
Considering East Knox was going to be an "improved" team if they went 3-7 this season I have nothing, but positive to say about them. I was able to catch them play early in the season in non-league. From what I saw I can't disagree with what icanpickem has stated. I don't think it means much for Centerburg in terms of playoffs. Highland, Centerburg, and Cardington still handled them, but East Knox made a statement more or less, that they are no longer to be considered the bottom Northmor, Mount Gilead, or Elgin type of team anymore.....then they also beat Fredericktown. They are very young I think I counted 8 freshman/sophomores on the field at some point. They have a coaching staff that knows how to be successful, in fact I believe most of the coaching staff in their playing days played in the playoffs either at East Knox or Highland they have guys that graduated from both. Will East Knox be in the playoffs anytime soon? Not sure about that, I would say give that between 2-4 more seasons. Are things going in the right direction? Absolutely! In terms of league play that whole MOAC Blue division is leaving the MOAC and forming a Morrow/Knox league (simply kicking Elgin out and bringing in Danville) Highland will win that league next year, you NEVER know what Centerburg and/or Danville will bring to the table, but look for East Knox to finish no lower than 4th. If after the division's and regions get re-aligned MOAC and PVC schools are still both in region 23 (which I assume they will be) next year, we won't be discussing Cardington, their best shot was this season and they are gonna struggle for a bit. Same with Fredericktown.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Good luck to the Cadets in this one!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Eastern, you are absolutely not wrong about that. I can, however, provide a little but of insight on those Cardington and Highland games. That is, in both of those games Highland and Cardington turned the ball over almost like they wanted to lose those nights. Not taking anything away from the Trojans, but when I say that Centerburg is good at taking advantages of opponents mistakes and turnovers and make very little of their own I am totally referencing to the Cardington and Highland game. Northmor, Mount Gilead, and Fredericktown played excellent, gave Centerburg their best and did NOT turn the ball over and Centerburg won all by around 1 possession. I give the Trojans credit in that they are discipline when it comes to turnovers and sloppy play, but they are not good enough to win in the playoffs without the opponent making some mistakes of their own. Fort Frye can decide the outcome of this game simply by how many times they turn the ball over. If they don't turn it over, they will probably win in controlling fashion, if they do, then they will win, but it will probably be like the Highland score you saw.
You nailed it. Along those lines you mentioned, Danville turned it over 7 times (yes 7) against Centerburg. C-burg was +6 in TO margin that night and won by 12 points.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Wess Mckown former Fort Frye Lineman is on the coaching staff at East Knox and he played on the first ever playoff team.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Re: Reg23 #7 Centerburg (8-2) @ #2 Fort Frye (10-0)

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^oh wow add that one too! I was watching Johnstown-Monroe that night! I saw Centerburg week 6 against Highland and week 5 against Cardington.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Re: Reg 23 #7 Centerburg (8-2) @ #2 Fort Frye (10-0)

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Ok so the above post was in reference to icanpickem, but Eastern that's pretty cool I was unaware of that!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The thing is besides the first half vs Waterford and a little bit in Shenandoah game the Cadets haven't been stopped on offense. What will they do when a team shuts them down? Coach Huck and his staff has been amazing at halftime adjustments. Has anyone heard about Clay Baker? He was one of teams top players RB/LB was hurt vs Northridge I heard a possible return for the playoffs.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

If ya got a good ground game which Fort Frye does, there is nothing else they'll need for Centerburg, just don't fumble.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Stan_Marsh wrote:If ya got a good ground game which Fort Frye does, there is nothing else they'll need for Centerburg, just don't fumble.
Yeah, lucas ran the ball down their throats(84 attempts i believe). Although cburg only ran around 30-35 plays and scored on 4 of them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has a RB that has scored 30 Tds in Casey Lewis they also have Garrett Lochary who has 12 Tds. The Cadets have 3-4 other decent backs in Stewart,Bradford ,Sampson and Fisher. 6-2 Wr Brady Carpenter could also a carry or 2. I think the Cadets need to lean on bigger line. Maybe go unbalanced and put Matheny and Baker on the same side. Cadets offense line is def a strength.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

At full Strength the rushing attack of Lewis, Baker and Lochary is nasty.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Gotta imagine Centerburg will try something different defensively than what they did against Highland and Lucas too apparently. They oughta go man to man and allow as many people to get after the run as they can. Many don't like that because it makes your DBs vulnerable, but if they don't then Fort Frye will run at will. Make them throw and when they do hope to get a sack.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I bet big 6-2 Brady Carpenter is begging them to go one on one. He has over 500 yards in limited targets.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^ impressive

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK FORT FRYE

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Centerburg (6-4) all-time in playoffs
Fort Frye (0-4)

I don't think I've ever been so excited for a Fort Frye game.

Return to “Football”