Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Region 16: 5. Valley View (9-1) @ 4. Waverly (9-1)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton has had many a scrape with the valley view team through the years. in years past they were always smaller in stature but executed extremely well. and did not shoot themselves in the foot. I'm gonna take this one in this weekend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Rolltanks wrote:I hope waverly does well in the playoffs, but if you think a 10 point loss to burg means you can walk through this region you are mistaken. I think it's the best region in d4. Unioto played waverly early, both teams have improved. But after seeing them first hand, and seeing Wyoming Indian hill massie. You might won't to take it down a notch. Not to mention alter they are way above the other teams in the region. Enjoy your playoff run but take it one day at a time and hope you don't get alter.

I agree this is probably the strongest region in D4. I'm sure the Waverly team, coaches, fans, or even myself aren't looking past anyone, or underestimating any team. This Waverly team in my opinion is capable of beating any D4 team in the state! It's certainly not a stretch to say that this group of Tigers are just as capable as any other team in the region of making it to the state championship game! Believe in yourselves Tigers! You can do it!!
hey I hope they do but you have no idea what beast lie within d4. the likes you cannot even imagine. I'd concentrate on one game at a time. CAUSE THAT'S ONE BIG BOWL A SOUP YER GONNA NEED TO BACK THAT STATEMENT UP. HEY I'D LOVE TO SEE EM WIN STATE. BUT V V WILL BE ALL YOU WANT FOR NOW.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

D4 WAS IRONTON'S DIVISION FOR MANY MOONS. HERE IS A LIST OF D4 TEAMS THAT MADE THE PLAYOFFS
PERRY, CRESTWOOD,YOUNGSTOWN CARDINAL MOONEY, WOODRIDGE, STRUTHERS, HUBBARD, NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL LATIN,PARMA HEIGHTS HOLY NAME, PORT CLINTON, OTTOWA GLANDORF,INDIAN LAKE, PLAIN CITY JONATHON ALDER, COLUMBUS BISHOP HARTLEY, CALADONIA RIVER VALLEY, BELLEVUE, BENJAMIN LOGAN, HEATH, STUEBENVILLE BIG RED,SHELBY, BLOOM CARROLL, CAMBRIDGE, INDIAN CREEK, PHILO, CINCY WYOMING, CLINTON MASSIE, ARCHBISHOP ALTER, WAVERLY, GERMANTOWN VALLEY VIEW, CINCY IDIAN HILLS, CINCY TAFT, UNIOTO.

THIS DISTRICT IS CHOCKED FULL OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WITH HUGE INNER CITIES TO PULL/RECRUIT FROM. I HOPE YA'LL WIN IT ALL, I REALLY DO. BUT A STATEMENT ABOUT BEATING ANY D4 TEAM, AFTER GETTING BEAT BY A D5 TEAM IS A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR. AND THESE TEAMS DO NOT PLAY ANYTHING SIMILIAR TO THE SOC SCHEDULE WISE. MOST ALL THESE SCHOOLS PLAY IN CATHOLIC LEAGUES AND PLAY UP IN DIVISIONS OR PLAY IN HUGE INNER CITRY SCHOOL LEAGUES. SO WAVERLY WILL HAVE TO BE HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

You have teams in this division that can get in the playoffs at 4-6 or 5-5 and win state, because all year long they were playing d1,d2,and d3 teams. but I'd love to see a big run by the waverly tigers. just don't ask for too much pizza too quickly. it's a hard buffet to swaller.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VV looks to be running a 3-4-4 defense. Typically a backer or 2 is blitzing on most plays, they fly to the ball and going East/West isn't the best option of choice. They aren't big but quick all the way across the board. Play both man to man and zone. Straight ahead looks to be best strategy. Offense typically spreads you out going both under center and from shotgun, however they have a lot of formations to account for. There's a lot of motion pre-snap. QB seems to be the key as there's quite a bit of read plays and QB keeps. RBs/WRs are quick and tough to bring down in space will take it to the house if they get a opening. QB isn't near the passer as he is a rusher, struggles with accuracy. The speed Burg had and the blitzing of River Valley is a combination that should benefit Waverly, having seen faced that this season, going into this game as VV brings a lot of those same traits. Unless you can catch them in the wrong defense at the right time they typically don't make a mistake. Very fundamentally sound team. Has the makings of quite the game. If Waverly plays sound defense the score could be lower then some think.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that goose my friend sounds like a fine scouting report. I have no idea about them. but that does sound like a carbon copy of what I remember from their days playing ironton. multiple formations, fundamentally sound, and disciplined and somewhat undersized is exactly how I remember them, and they made very few mental mistakes.

LMC
Waterboy

Post by LMC »

Is Harris pretty much done running the ball this year? I knows he's been used lightly on offense since the injury. Kritzwiser has done a fine job filling in for him. Just didn't know if they have been saving Harris for the playoffs or he's just not the same since getting hurt.

THE VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy

Post by THE VILLAGE IDIOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:D4 WAS IRONTON'S DIVISION FOR MANY MOONS. HERE IS A LIST OF D4 TEAMS THAT MADE THE PLAYOFFS
PERRY, CRESTWOOD,YOUNGSTOWN CARDINAL MOONEY, WOODRIDGE, STRUTHERS, HUBBARD, NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL LATIN,PARMA HEIGHTS HOLY NAME, PORT CLINTON, OTTOWA GLANDORF,INDIAN LAKE, PLAIN CITY JONATHON ALDER, COLUMBUS BISHOP HARTLEY, CALADONIA RIVER VALLEY, BELLEVUE, BENJAMIN LOGAN, HEATH, STUEBENVILLE BIG RED,SHELBY, BLOOM CARROLL, CAMBRIDGE, INDIAN CREEK, PHILO, CINCY WYOMING, CLINTON MASSIE, ARCHBISHOP ALTER, WAVERLY, GERMANTOWN VALLEY VIEW, CINCY IDIAN HILLS, CINCY TAFT, UNIOTO.

THIS DISTRICT IS CHOCKED FULL OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WITH HUGE INNER CITIES TO PULL/RECRUIT FROM. I HOPE YA'LL WIN IT ALL, I REALLY DO. BUT A STATEMENT ABOUT BEATING ANY D4 TEAM, AFTER GETTING BEAT BY A D5 TEAM IS A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR. AND THESE TEAMS DO NOT PLAY ANYTHING SIMILIAR TO THE SOC SCHEDULE WISE. MOST ALL THESE SCHOOLS PLAY IN CATHOLIC LEAGUES AND PLAY UP IN DIVISIONS OR PLAY IN HUGE INNER CITRY SCHOOL LEAGUES. SO WAVERLY WILL HAVE TO BE HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS.
Last edited by THE VILLAGE IDIOT on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:D4 WAS IRONTON'S DIVISION FOR MANY MOONS. HERE IS A LIST OF D4 TEAMS THAT MADE THE PLAYOFFS

Bait my friend, I know that you know this as well as anyone, it only takes 1 year, 1 time, 1 good team that believes in themselves, and a little bit of playoff luck to be a state champion! Look at Sandusky Perkins Pirates. They'd never made the playoffs before 1999 and that team had all the things I mentioned above, and I don't think they've ever made the playoffs since 1999. They believed in themselves, and had a little bit of luck and came away with a state championship in D4 defeating an Ironton team who was favored to win. Sandusky Perkins wasn't the better team, and they didn't deserve to win but that's where the luck comes into play. Sometimes the better team don't always win! I think you get what I'm trying to say. A strong belief in yourselves and your team and anything is possible! GO TIGERS!!!
Perkins was in the playoffs the year before in 98. They have made it about 10 times since.

It is great that you feel Waverly could win a title. Hopefully the kids feel that way too. But in reality, with the likes of Alter waiting, it just isn't very likely.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:

Bait my friend, I know that you know this as well as anyone, it only takes 1 year, 1 time, 1 good team that believes in themselves, and a little bit of playoff luck to be a state champion! Look at Sandusky Perkins Pirates. They'd never made the playoffs before 1999 and that team had all the things I mentioned above, and I don't think they've ever made the playoffs since 1999. They believed in themselves, and had a little bit of luck and came away with a state championship in D4 defeating an Ironton team who was favored to win. Sandusky Perkins wasn't the better team, and they didn't deserve to win but that's where the luck comes into play. Sometimes the better team don't always win! I think you get what I'm trying to say. A strong belief in yourselves and your team and anything is possible! GO TIGERS!!!
brother I know it can happen. and I certainly hope it does. nothing would make me any happier, than to see my fighting tigers and my new hometown waverly tigers to both win state titles. somebody has to be that team. and I hope you guys thump valley view, and the fighting tigers thump Coshocton. i'll likely be at the waverly game.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good luck to Waverly

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Both of these teams finished 5-5 last year, now 9-1 this year. So have to be thinking both sides have some experienced kids on each side of the ball. VV really flies to the ball the Harris boy is one Waverly is going to really need to hang their hats on hopefully he's at full strength.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't know the report on Harris but I would think he would be used as much as physically possible with the lose and go home situation. Kritzwiser has done a great job but the two are completely different backs. Maybe we'll see both of them in there at the same time. Maybe the Tigers come out with some new wrinkles in the offense.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

BigBlueNation wrote:
THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:I agree if Waverly plays like they did against wheelersburg not only can they beat V.V. they could win the region, but the Tigers will have to play like they did vs Burg every game from here on out.
V.V. used to be a high school power house back in the 90's winning the state championship 2 years in a row in 1996,1997. They probably had their best team in 1999 until their QB got his leg broke in a playoff game, and that ended their run at the state title that year. Since 99" I think they had a team in either 02" or 03" that made a decent playoff run making it to a regional final I believe. V.V. used to be a pass happy football team but I don't know if they even have the same Coach from the 90's or not. If it's the same Coach then expect to see a very well coached football team. V.V. used to bring a very large crowd too! Waverly has just as good a shot at winning the state championship as any team in this region! The playoff run starts now! Go Tigers!!!!!
I think the game the QB got his leg broke was against Portsmouth Burg or Ironton.
Ironton was down big at almost half time when it happened. I think something like 29-0. Once he was out of the game it all came unglued and Ironton trucked them from there on winning I believe 33-29. I do know they didn't score the rest of the night. Never seen a team rely on one kid as much as that team did that year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember that game as well.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Good luck to our SOCII comrades. PUT in the work and stay healthy.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I'm willing to bet there's not a single Waverly coach or player looking past this game. (you'd have to be crazy) They realize we have our hands full with Valley View. Germantown is a team rich in tradition and success and plays a tough schedule. Sounds like they're similar to Wheelersburg in many respects.

Caldwell won their final game 31-30. If they would have lost we'd be traveling Friday evening. I'm thrilled we have a home playoff game the weather is going to be terrific. Embrace the challenge and enjoy the ride. This is going to be fun. This crowd should be every bit as big as the crowd for the Burg game perhaps even bigger. Better get your ticket early unless you enjoy standing in line for a while. Lol

Come Friday the Tigers will show up confident, well prepared and ready to go. We'll see what happens. Good Luck to Waverly!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

gl waverly- ive always hated v.v!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Good luck waverly be a real challenge

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bucks06
Waterboy

Re: Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

Post by Bucks06 »

Good Luck Waverly from this Buckeye Fan.

Return to “Football”