2016 Cincinnati Redlegs

bighead
All State

Re: 2016 Cincinnati Redlegs

Post by bighead »

And Bailey still not pitching ! WOW ! Glad its over ! Go Reds !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Homer Bailey still isn't pitching today!! What in the world?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

The money could of went else where !Bailey was never a knock out pitcher ! It's the GM who made the bad call ! Just glad the season is over.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Over 60 mil the next 3 years on Baileys contract ? Phillips wants to stay a Red 14 mil next season ! The new GM wants some money ,For the bullpen ? Just wait and see !

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Reds got #2 pick in next years draft.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Cleveland its funny there coach has been there 3 years in the Big game ! And Price can't get out of the basement in 3 or 4 ! LOL

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

It's not entirely on Price.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

O-Boy ! When things don't work ! You start at the top.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Long list of issues....
1)What to do with Phillips and Cozart...As long as they play and block Jose and DHerrara the rebuild is just half-a##ed..Phillips has 1 more yr
2)Billy was a very valuable player last year...But he hasnt and wont stay healthy..Shebler can play CF if they keep Winker in left and move AD to RF
3)What to do with the Suarez/Senzel situation will be coming up soon.I look for Senzel to bust the door down this yr. This kid can rake.
4)Last go-around to try and stay healthy for hard-luck Devin Mesorocco...Man I am pulling for him....Him and Tuck would make a great tandem
5)Joey keeps healthy and keeps being one of the most productive Offensive players in baseball
6)Starting pitching...Can Homer make it back?Great stuff when he is right..Disco has been solid...I really like BFinnegan..Not overwhelming size or velocity but has good secondary stuff and he can get it up there with his 4-seamer at 93-94..And he competes...Strailey was just fine last year pitching with smarts...Heres the key..At least 2 of the young guys need to become Big-League..Cody(Back issues)RStephenson(Command issues) or Amir Garrett,who I really like. 2nd tier of Rookie Davis,Big Sal,Mahle,Travieso may come into the picture too
7)The Pen...I would like to see Iggy and Lorenzen in the rotation but they became valuable pieces down there the 2nd half. Iggy has tremendous stuff. Wood did ok at times too along with Jumbo. They need a reliable loogy. A lot to sort out there.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Inspector wrote:Long list of issues....
1)What to do with Phillips and Cozart...As long as they play and block Jose and DHerrara the rebuild is just half-a##ed..Phillips has 1 more yr
2)Billy was a very valuable player last year...But he hasnt and wont stay healthy..Shebler can play CF if they keep Winker in left and move AD to RF
3)What to do with the Suarez/Senzel situation will be coming up soon.I look for Senzel to bust the door down this yr. This kid can rake.
4)Last go-around to try and stay healthy for hard-luck Devin Mesorocco...Man I am pulling for him....Him and Tuck would make a great tandem
5)Joey keeps healthy and keeps being one of the most productive Offensive players in baseball
6)Starting pitching...Can Homer make it back?Great stuff when he is right..Disco has been solid...I really like BFinnegan..Not overwhelming size or velocity but has good secondary stuff and he can get it up there with his 4-seamer at 93-94..And he competes...Strailey was just fine last year pitching with smarts...Heres the key..At least 2 of the young guys need to become Big-League..Cody(Back issues)RStephenson(Command issues) or Amir Garrett,who I really like. 2nd tier of Rookie Davis,Big Sal,Mahle,Travieso may come into the picture too
7)The Pen...I would like to see Iggy and Lorenzen in the rotation but they became valuable pieces down there the 2nd half. Iggy has tremendous stuff. Wood did ok at times too along with Jumbo. They need a reliable loogy. A lot to sort out there.
We may not agree on college football, but I'm a die hard Reds fan and agree with everything you just said.

I love Phillips, but I think it's time for him. He needs to move aside and we need to see more of Peraza. When he was in the lineup, it was dynamite with him and Billy going back-to-back when they were both getting on. I'm 50/50 on Cozart, one of the best defensive shortstops in the game and really starting to come through with the bat, but, he's not young.

Like you said, Billy needs to stay healthy, if he can do that (he hasn't showed he can), he's a no-brainer in CF.

I like Suarez, I really like his power, but his BA and defense are just plain bad. If Senzel can bust out this year, I think the job is his.

Devin Mesoraco, I love him. I have his jersey, and I'm a big fan of his (I rarely buy jerseys). Him and Tucker would be one of the best catcher duos in baseball. Mesoraco straight up rakes when he's healthy, and Barnhart knows how to call a game and showed some promise at the plate this year.

Joey Votto is just that, he's Joey Votto and there's nobody else like him.

Starting pitching, I don't think they have that "ace" right now, but hopefully one can be developed. If they get one of those they have a really solid rotation. As long as Bailey can stay healthy.

Iglesias and Lorenzen I think, showed they belong in the bullpen, they're very good down there. Wood and Diaz have good days and they have bad days. They need a veteran down there to help our some of those young guys.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Chief...Gino's OPS got in or around 750 last yr. BA is very overrated. He also greatly improved down at the corner with the glove and his throwing as the year went on. His footwork got SO much better which helped his accuracy and he quit booting the routine ground balls as much and made a lot of really outstanding plays. i like him a lot. The one thing that hinders him is a swing that is WAYYY too long thru the hitting area. If he could get shorter to the ball his production is going to go up. Just a matter of where he plays in the next year or 2

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I agree, he did get a ton better at defense throughout the year, and I give him some credit for playing third because that isn't his natural position. The main problem I see (as long as he continues getting better at fielding) is that he tries to hit every ball he sees into the river. Don't get me wrong, when he gets ahold of one it's fun to watch, but I'd really like to see him get on base more. But, I'm the same as you, I really do like him. When they brought him up the year before for the first time when Cozart got injured, he was genius at the plate that year.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

All to say is they best worry about the bullpen ! And about the 60 mil on Bailey the next 3 years ?No Money player in the bullpen ! No hope at all !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good Coach in Cleveland may win it all !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

1/ 100 chance Reds was 1 of 6 to win the big game next season! Sad

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Reds trade John Lamb.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Who would want Custer ?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Not a bad team but needs a Coach!

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

And a bullpen !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

They have Bailey in the rotation for 2017 and looking for a 5th starter ! WOW!

Return to “Pro Sports”