Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

LMC
Waterboy

Reg 16 #5 Valley View (9-1) @ #4 Waverly (9-1)

Post by LMC »

Anyone have any information on Valley View?

LMC
Waterboy

Re: Region 16: 5. Valley View (9-1) @ 4. Waverly (9-1)

Post by LMC »

Waverly hasn't made the playoffs since '07 I believe. So this is unfamiliar territory for these Tigers. This game is going to draw a huge crowd! Hope all the Tiger faithful come out in full force! Looking for the jungle to be rocking come Friday night!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Should be a good one

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Germantown 27
Waverly 21

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Anyone have any information on Valley View??

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Cal Preps:

Germantown 27
Waverly 21

Just curious but how does Cal Preps come up with their scores?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

toast wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:Cal Preps:

Germantown 27
Waverly 21

Just curious but how does Cal Preps come up with their scores?
I've always wondered the same thing

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I think Germantown has played a little harder scheduled but not by much. If Waverly plays like they did against Wheelersburg they can win. Valley View at one time was a power house in the Southwest. They played Ironton a few times and won one or two of them. Franklin put a real beating on them earlier this season. I think it will be either a close game or a blow out by Germantown. Hope the Tigers win cause I still hate Germantown for running up the scores on teams that didn't have much. Go Tigers..

THE VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy

Post by THE VILLAGE IDIOT »

I agree if Waverly plays like they did against wheelersburg not only can they beat V.V. they could win the region, but the Tigers will have to play like they did vs Burg every game from here on out.
V.V. used to be a high school power house back in the 90's winning the state championship 2 years in a row in 1996,1997. They probably had their best team in 1999 until their QB got his leg broke in a playoff game, and that ended their run at the state title that year. Since 99" I think they had a team in either 02" or 03" that made a decent playoff run making it to a regional final I believe. V.V. used to be a pass happy football team but I don't know if they even have the same Coach from the 90's or not. If it's the same Coach then expect to see a very well coached football team. V.V. used to bring a very large crowd too! Waverly has just as good a shot at winning the state championship as any team in this region! The playoff run starts now! Go Tigers!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cal preps uses some sort of mathematical equation to solve. Probably involves scores and opponents strength. They are pretty accurate and the farther they go into the season the better they get. Burg last year was not picked to beat cold water last year and they were pretty close to the score. Even at that, they aren't 100%

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Germantown Valley View used to run the spread back in their great years of the 80's and 90's. Do they still run the spread? They were one of the first HS teams to run the spread on every down that I remember.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Does Valley View play on turf? I am assuming they do?

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

smurray wrote:Does Valley View play on turf? I am assuming they do?
I found some photos here. Looks like they do have artificial turf. And about 70 or so players on their team...if the photo is current
http://www.vvab.org/

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:I agree if Waverly plays like they did against wheelersburg not only can they beat V.V. they could win the region, but the Tigers will have to play like they did vs Burg every game from here on out.
V.V. used to be a high school power house back in the 90's winning the state championship 2 years in a row in 1996,1997. They probably had their best team in 1999 until their QB got his leg broke in a playoff game, and that ended their run at the state title that year. Since 99" I think they had a team in either 02" or 03" that made a decent playoff run making it to a regional final I believe. V.V. used to be a pass happy football team but I don't know if they even have the same Coach from the 90's or not. If it's the same Coach then expect to see a very well coached football team. V.V. used to bring a very large crowd too! Waverly has just as good a shot at winning the state championship as any team in this region! The playoff run starts now! Go Tigers!!!!!
I think the game the QB got his leg broke was against Portsmouth Burg or Ironton.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I hope waverly does well in the playoffs, but if you think a 10 point loss to burg means you can walk through this region you are mistaken. I think it's the best region in d4. Unioto played waverly early, both teams have improved. But after seeing them first hand, and seeing Wyoming Indian hill massie. You might won't to take it down a notch. Not to mention alter they are way above the other teams in the region. Enjoy your playoff run but take it one day at a time and hope you don't get alter.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

I realize they try to keep an equal number of teams in each division and region, but how is it that Waverly is in the Southwest region, when most of the schools around them are in the Southeast region. That southwest region is a killer.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Niswongser left vv about 8ish Yea ago. Vv took off in 1992. I played and coached against them for bellbrook. My sr yr, 91, we had 48 on them in the second quarter. Brook blew them out the next year again, then valley view took off!

THE VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy

BigBlueNation wrote:
THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:I agree if Waverly plays like they did against wheelersburg not only can they beat V.V. they could win the region, but the Tigers will have to play like they did vs Burg every game from here on out.
I think the game the QB got his leg broke was against Portsmouth Burg or Ironton.
Last edited by THE VILLAGE IDIOT on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:

The broken leg was against Ironton in a 4th round playoff game. V.V. was up 29-0 on Ironton at halftime and the heavily recruited D1 V.V. QB couldn't be stopped. He picked the Tigers apart the entire 1st half. The 2nd play of the 3rd quarter the 2 defensive ends of Ironton blitzed, picked the Qb up and slammed him breaking his leg. The backup QB and offense fell apart and didn't have any positive yards the entire 2nd half. Ironton came back to win the game 33-29.
It was actually the regional final, 3rd round. Kid's name was Dustin Strayer I do believe. VV blasted Burg the week before. Ironton beat Mooney in the 4th round. Other then that, your post is factual.
Last edited by The Oaf on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy

Rolltanks wrote:I hope waverly does well in the playoffs, but if you think a 10 point loss to burg means you can walk through this region you are mistaken. I think it's the best region in d4. Unioto played waverly early, both teams have improved. But after seeing them first hand, and seeing Wyoming Indian hill massie. You might won't to take it down a notch. Not to mention alter they are way above the other teams in the region. Enjoy your playoff run but take it one day at a time and hope you don't get alter.

I agree this is probably the strongest region in D4. I'm sure the Waverly team, coaches, fans, or even myself aren't looking past anyone, or underestimating any team. This Waverly team in my opinion is capable of beating any D4 team in the state! It's certainly not a stretch to say that this group of Tigers are just as capable as any other team in the region of making it to the state championship game! Believe in yourselves Tigers! You can do it!!

Return to “Football”