Wheelesrburg 37 Ridgewood 6

Westfan
SEOP

Re: WK 11: Ridgewood @ Wheelersburg

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg is good, but not even close to last year's team on either side of the ball. So far they have out athleted the teams around here. They will make a nice run, but they aren't what fans made them out to be.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Westfan wrote:Wheelersburg is good, but not even close to last year's team on either side of the ball. So far they have out athleted the teams around here. They will make a nice run, but they aren't what fans made them out to be.
What some fans "made them out to be". Plenty of people on here have said this team is no where near last years team.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Westfan wrote:Wheelersburg is good, but not even close to last year's team on either side of the ball. So far they have out athleted the teams around here. They will make a nice run, but they aren't what fans made them out to be.
Neutral observers would not necessarily disagree with this assessment, let's see if there is another gear this group has, if not point well taken.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

PirateBB wrote:Congrats to Burg for 25 Straight Regular Season Victories!

I saw the Ohio High School Blitz TV Program gave a Shout Out to Wheelersburg for the 25 straight!
That's awesome

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote:
What some fans "made them out to be". Plenty of people on here have said this team is no where near last years team.
I'm so embarrassed by this comment. I can see the west fan saying that but I find it embarrassing that burg fans are saying it. I mean wow! They went 10-0 in the regular season, beat every one they've played by at least two scores, and all people have to say is they are nowhere near last years team. lol they haven't lost a game!! I mean the statement is ridiculous

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote:
fbnut wrote:
I'm so embarrassed by this comment. I can see the west fan saying that but I find it embarrassing that burg fans are saying it. I mean wow! They went 10-0 in the regular season, beat every one they've played by at least two scores, and all people have to say is they are nowhere near last years team. lol they haven't lost a game!! I mean the statement is ridiculous
I agree woby Wheelersburg just went 10-0 in back to back years for the first time since 1973 and 1974 I believe yet that doesn't seem good enough. Trying to compare last years team to this years is like comparing apples and oranges.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

2016 Burg 10-0 Scored 387 Points, Gave up 82 Points against the ten teams with records of W 50- L 50 26.5500 Joe Eitel Ave.

2015 Burg 10-0 Scored 410 Points, Gave up 74 Points against the ten teams with records of W 52- L 48 26.5192 Joe Eitel Ave.

I contribute the minor statistical differences above to the 2016 Burg Teams having 42-0 leads at halftime and having 2nd/3rd strings not scoring as much/allowing other teams to score more. Early in the year, in the Portsmouth and Ironton games alone, Burg could have put up 70-80 points in those games if they wanted.

Moot point. Both 2015 and 2016 teams are excellent and I anticipate 4 and hopefully 5 playoff games this year. And definitely 5 playoff games next year.

GO BURG!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
fbnut wrote:
Sorry I embarrassed you man. Didn't know you were so sensitive.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote:2016 Burg 10-0 Scored 387 Points, Gave up 82 Points against the ten teams with records of W 50- L 50 26.5500 Joe Eitel Ave.

2015 Burg 10-0 Scored 410 Points, Gave up 74 Points against the ten teams with records of W 52- L 48 26.5192 Joe Eitel Ave.

I contribute the minor statistical differences above to the 2016 Burg Teams having 42-0 leads at halftime and having 2nd/3rd strings not scoring as much/allowing other teams to score more. Early in the year, in the Portsmouth and Ironton games alone, Burg could have put up 70-80 points in those games if they wanted.

Moot point. Both 2015 and 2016 teams are excellent and I anticipate 4 and hopefully 5 playoff games this year. And definitely 5 playoff games next year.

GO BURG!
The 2015 team never played 2-3 teamers?

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

LOL. Of course... you and I both know they did.

Do you have to ask that question?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote:LOL. Of course... you and I both know they did.

Do you have to ask that question?
I was just wondering because you mentioned the 2016 team did several times but you never mentioned anything about the 2015 team doing it.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Sorry, bro...I don't get on here to argue with people.

When you said on here that "this team is no where near last years team", I'm saying the stats are closer than you may think.

GO BURG!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Im very sensitive to ridiculousness.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote:Sorry, bro...I don't get on here to argue with people.

When you said on here that "this team is no where near last years team", I'm saying the stats are closer than you may think.

GO BURG!
No harm man.
I"ll be honest I'm not a huge stat guy. I'm more of an eye test guy. I don't think this team is bad, it's not easy going 10-0. Everyone associated should be very proud of this team.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I agree we should all be proud. You can break it down and see O line is not as big this year, we've had a couple key players out lately...there's a million ways to look at it. Both finished 10-0. I think that this team has challenges just like the 2015 team did and we will be rooting them to go as far as they can!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote:I agree we should all be proud. You can break it down and see O line is not as big this year, we've had a couple key players out lately...there's a million ways to look at it. Both finished 10-0. I think that this team has challenges just like the 2015 team did and we will be rooting them to go as far as they can!
We can agree on that
Go burg

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Instead of arguing what Burg team is better let's talk about what Ridgewood brings to the table. I thought I heard somewhere back that they didn't lose much from last year and was young last season. Btw YouTube has plenty of Ridgewood videos of the 2016 team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Watching a little bit of Ridgewood here are a few things I have noticed:
1) The RB's run straight up. THEY make themselves to be huge targets.
2) RB's are not THAT fast.
3) QB has a good arm and is really quick.
4) Pistol style offense with 2 backs. Always a man in motion to the side they run. Even the counter trey.
5) Defense runs either a 4-2 or 3-3. Always bring 4 in the 3-3.
6) Zone, zone and more zone. CB's lock their guy down but everyone else plays zone.
7) The middle is open @ about 10-15 yd routes.
8) Coverage is always watching QB. Receivers can get open.
9) Kicker is not great for distance. Should start with decent field position all night. Kicks are landing around the 20.
10) Punter is average at best. His kicks are short but he gets the roll.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Good post.

Does Ridgewood still run the Wing-T? A few yrs back, in 2010, I believe they did. Ridgewood finished the year 9-1, and their only loss is to undefeated #2 Garaway. Ridgewood kids are a hard-nosed bunch that will come to play. I'm going to have to check this one out and cheer on the SOCII Champs.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

vladimir wrote:^ Good post.

Does Ridgewood still run the Wing-T? A few yrs back, in 2010, I believe they did. Ridgewood finished the year 9-1, and their only loss is to undefeated #2 Garaway. Ridgewood kids are a hard-nosed bunch that will come to play. I'm going to have to check this one out and cheer on the SOCII Champs.
I saw some wing t in short yardage. The only problem I have with those records are that they both played 6 schools that were lowe divisions. They both beat a D4 team, the one Ridgewood beat was 1-9 on the year I believe. The schedules weren't that tough, but obviously enough to get them both where they are. I don't doubt Ridgewood will come ready to play. They deserve to be here. I just think Burg is more battle tested and if they sling the ball R'wood will be reeling by the end of the first half.

Return to “Football”