Wheelesrburg 37 Ridgewood 6

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelesrburg 37 Ridgewood 6

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thought?

This is the 4th meeting between the two schools and 2nd straight playoff meeting. Burg beat them 42-21 last season. Burg is 3-0 against them.
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
8332 Granite St
JV Team

Re: WK 11: Ridgewood @ Wheelersburg

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Thought?
3 hrs and 15 mins bus ride to the Burg
Wow!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This is the 4th meeting between the two schools and 2nd straight first round meeting. Burg beat them 42-21 last season. Burg is 3-0 against them.
Last year was 2nd round. BURG put Ironton out in week 11 last year.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I caught this match up last season and the game was never in doubt.

I can imagine this year will be just the same.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

P(irate) wrote:

This is the 4th meeting between the two schools and 2nd straight first round meeting. Burg beat them 42-21 last season. Burg is 3-0 against them.
Last year was 2nd round. BURG put Ironton out in week 11 last year.
i realized it after i posted

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Wheelersburg 26
Ridgewood 10

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

8332 Granite St wrote:
Wow!
Yeah it's amazing to me how spread out this region is. Garaway is 3 1/2 hrs from Burg, Coshocton 3 hrs away. I understand that some teams are going to have a little farther drives then others and that getting the amount of DV schools into all areas sometimes might be difficult. Seems like though should be able to even it out a little more as the Garaway and Coshocton teams would be better served in region 18/19. Obviously this isn't the only region where spacing out like this happens but in my mind seems like a fix that could be made without having high school teams traveling 3.5 hrs to get to a game in round 1.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg has looked VERY vulnerable the last 3 weeks! I would not be surprised to see a loss in the first week! However I wouldn't be shocked to see a nice journey through the Region like last season.
What I do know Burg best get there crap together and play ball like they have the first part of the season to get to that level again!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Very interested to see the stats on the West game, one thing I've said ever since I watched the Jackson game was that I thought Burg as vulnerable against the run and it was something that needed to be shored up. Waverly hit some big plays in the running game. Last I seen Ridgewood they were a running team. Take away the 27 points Ridgewood gave up to Garaway, which was Garaway's lowest output, Ridgewood only conceded 21 points in the other 9 games on defense. This includes 6 shutouts on defense. I don't think Ridgewood should be taken lightly and I'm sure the coaching staff will have them ready and get the kinks worked out as they have a long ways to go and it starts with a tough matchup against Ridgewood. I like the Burg in this one by 2 scores in what could be a lower scoring game them some might predict.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Neutron Man wrote:Burg has looked VERY vulnerable the last 3 weeks! I would not be surprised to see a loss in the first week! However I wouldn't be shocked to see a nice journey through the Region like last season.
What I do know Burg best get there crap together and play ball like they have the first part of the season to get to that level again!
Seems to me Burg has not been making it rain in the passing game the last couple wks....I could be wrong stat wise tho....Seems like they are forcing the run game. Did Tanner Holden get any catches last night?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg is fine. Burg still has lead in every statistical category. Score are indicative of slow drives, penalties, and play calling.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

look at the stalled drives last night! Or the long runs that are given up! Seem like something has changed in the gameplan or playcalling
And yes Holden had I know of 1 catch but can't remember if he had more than that! Which is another BAD thing!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

greygoose wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:
Wow!
Yeah it's amazing to me how spread out this region is. Garaway is 3 1/2 hrs from Burg, Coshocton 3 hrs away. I understand that some teams are going to have a little farther drives then others and that getting the amount of DV schools into all areas sometimes might be difficult. Seems like though should be able to even it out a little more as the Garaway and Coshocton teams would be better served in region 18/19. Obviously this isn't the only region where spacing out like this happens but in my mind seems like a fix that could be made without having high school teams traveling 3.5 hrs to get to a game in round 1.
i couldn't agree more

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Here we go again. :roll:

Burg 479 total yards, west 218

Rushing 319 west 84
Passing 160 west 134

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Cal Preps:

Wheelersburg 26
Ridgewood 10
If it's this close. Wood's schedule isn't impressive. I look for the Burg to refocus now that the second season is here.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I believe Burg pulls it together for a long playoff run...

Couple Key players that have been out get back next week...

I think fans got spoiled when they were putting up scores against Ironton and Portsmouth of 42-0 by HALFTIME early in the year...

They also got spoiled when they have beat teams of late like Oak Hill 42-0 and Valley 42-0...

Burg will be just fine. Best Coaches in the State, Hardest Working Players in the State, Best Supportive Community in the State... Burg will be ready

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Congrats to Burg for 25 Straight Regular Season Victories!

I saw the Ohio High School Blitz TV Program gave a Shout Out to Wheelersburg for the 25 straight!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Intensity will change I believe with the staff and kids, just human nature to be "comfortable" during the last couple games.

One thing about it there is a switch for the second season, and I believe they will flip it on in a week.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote:Here we go again. :roll:

Burg 479 total yards, west 218

Rushing 319 west 84
Passing 160 west 134
You can have 1000yds offense but if you keep turning it over and keep failing to score when your in the red zone it's going to catch up with you when you play good football teams. Qb and wr's need to get on the same page, very out of sinc last night.

Return to “Football”