Valley 17 Minford 7

minford17
Varsity

Re: Minford vs Valley

Post by minford17 »

The Oaf wrote:
minford17 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:No love lost between these two teams and fan bases, that's for sure. If memory serves me correct, didn't Valley come into the 1990 contest against Minford 0-9 and beat the Falcons? Could history repeat itself? I'll take Minford comfortably.
Remember that game well. I was a recent Valley grad and started dating a recent Minford grad who later became Mrs.minford17. We had a little bet on the game, and glad Robbie Miller, Alan Ruth, Matt Wilson, Wayne Vowell, Chet Thayer, and company came through for me. However, my loyalties lie with Minford now. Go Falcons! Sorry pmow3, coop, crab's brother, and crab apple4.
Ruth and Vowell and them were on the 89 team. JB Kidd etc. the 1990 team was crabtrees first team and they started a freshman at QB who went on to preach the gospel
You are correct. This is the Tim Tackett, Tim Buckle, Rob Howard crew. Was that freshman Chris Lundy?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

coop wrote:As crab_apple4 said...a lot of people just aren't interested in a bash fest, which is all this site has really turned into.

Every week whats the point of replying to:

"Man...Valley sucks" "Valleys coach sucks"...etc..

Then we come in and talk about how Valley can improve, and how good kids are coming up, and then the replies are like:

"Doesn't matter whats coming up" "Junior high doesn't matter, you still suck" and etc...

Its a waste of time to argue with grown adults whose lives hang in the balance of HIGH SCHOOL sports.

That said...

GO INDIANS!!!
Welcome back Coop. Everyone has an opinion, that's for sure. Valley will come back eventually. It will be hard for a small school in a relatively tough conference to have the extended success they did before, but they will get better.

Any key injuries on the Valley side for this game?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

minford17 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Remember that game well. I was a recent Valley grad and started dating a recent Minford grad who later became Mrs.minford17. We had a little bet on the game, and glad Robbie Miller, Alan Ruth, Matt Wilson, Wayne Vowell, Chet Thayer, and company came through for me. However, my loyalties lie with Minford now. Go Falcons! Sorry pmow3, coop, crab's brother, and crab apple4.
Ruth and Vowell and them were on the 89 team. JB Kidd etc. the 1990 team was crabtrees first team and they started a freshman at QB who went on to preach the gospel
You are correct. This is the Tim Tackett, Tim Buckle, Rob Howard crew. Was that freshman Chris Lundy?
Brian

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Second choice. Baer and Lundy were both great.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The Oaf wrote:
minford17 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Brian
Different Brian that went on to preach the gospel....

As to add what crab_apple said, some of the Valley posters are in different spots than they were at this point last year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
coop wrote:As crab_apple4 said...a lot of people just aren't interested in a bash fest, which is all this site has really turned into.

Then we come in and talk about how Valley can improve, and how good kids are coming up, and then the replies are like:

"Doesn't matter whats coming up" "Junior high doesn't matter, you still suck" and etc...

Its a waste of time to argue with grown adults whose lives hang in the balance of HIGH SCHOOL sports.

That said...

GO INDIANS!!!
Welcome back Coop. Everyone has an opinion, that's for sure. Valley will come back eventually. It will be hard for a small school in a relatively tough conference to have the extended success they did before, but they will get better.

I don't know why it would be "Welcome back", as I have posted in each Valley thread this season...lol

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The Oaf wrote:No love lost between these two teams and fan bases, that's for sure. If memory serves me correct, didn't Valley come into the 1990 contest against Minford 0-9 and beat the Falcons? Could history repeat itself? I'll take Minford comfortably.

Funny you brought that up. I was thinking of sharing that story from my Sophomore year. I played in that game on the kickoff team.
It was 1990 and just like this year, Minford had a first-year coach: Gary Bailey. Minford was also at Valley. From the opening kickoff, Valley was bound and determined they were not going to go 0-10 and they didn't. I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

That said...

GO INDIANS!!!

I don't know why it would be "Welcome back", as I have posted in each Valley thread this season...lol
Eh....its a new week.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

vladimir wrote:

Funny you brought that up. I was thinking of sharing that story from my Sophomore year. I played in that game on the kickoff team.
It was 1990 and just like this year, Minford had a first-year coach: Gary Bailey. Minford was also at Valley. From the opening kickoff, Valley was bound and determined they were not going to go 0-10 and they didn't. I hope history doesn't repeat itself.
I'd be shocked if history repeats itself. Valley is beyond terrible this year. No way Minford will lose.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I don't know Oaf. Minfords offense is terrible at times. But if Valley can't stop Compton between the tackles it might be a beat down.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I know everyone says throw out the records between these two teams. But here is the reality; Valley is 0-9 they average 9 points per game and are giving up 41 points per game. Thats a 32 point difference. Almost 5 Touchdown spread. Minford would have to play like the"walking dead" for this game to be close and would be in a coma to lose it. Minford will win big. The seniors will be playing for a winning season and it's important to them to finish with one. They will come out strong and focused against Valley because Valley has won the last 4 years and they know it. Minford by a lot! Go Falcons!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

That said...

GO INDIANS!!!
Lucasville Valley 3
Minford 2 ;)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

mINFORD 27-13

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

crab_apple4 wrote:I've seen Crab's Brother (only other crab username that I've seen) on here multiple times, Coop as well... The majority of the Valley threads have turned into bashing Coach and blaming him for the rough season. Some of the Valley faithful that have been long time posters on this site are also in positions (coaching/teaching/otherwise) that do not allow too much message board banter. So when the negative posts fly and you don't agree with them, it does no real good to get into computer talk measuring contest. Most Valley faithful believe in the process that has made things successful and believe the worm will turn. Sure things are more exciting when teams are winning, that's true for every fan on this site... The ones I see registering now, are coming to take shots that they haven't been able to take because of Valley's run of success. That was to be expected.

Also lack of conversation on here doesn't make people bandwagon, a little fairweather maybe, but not bandwagon. There isn't too much to disagree with when it comes to game analysis this year. Valley has been an underdog for 9 straight weeks, and this week makes 10. The biggest talking point has been the reason for the down season... That gets old reading the same back and forth and arguing all season, I don't find it to be much of a surprise that people aren't commenting.

My only hope for this week is that we are healthy enough to compete for 4 quarters and everyone stays injury free.

Totally agree!!!!!!

Bleeding Red has a right to make light of things being bad for the Indians. And it looks like we have disappeaed.
But as Crabs said, there is no reason to get on here and see posts bashing the coach or any other reason for a bad year. The ones close to the program know the truth here. And it goes without saying it will turn back around sooner than later.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

And I promise to stay off of here when we start winning again also.
Just so I stay consistent.
I just get on here mostly to read a few posts and check scores anyway.
I have a List of guys I'd rather talk football with at home who think they know everything, so why do I need to come here also. Lol.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Once Valley starts winning again, they will be back. Give it 2 years and Valley will rise again!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

pmow3 wrote:And I promise to stay off of here when we start winning again also.
I have a List of guys I'd rather talk football with at home who think they know everything, so why do I need to come here also. Lol.

Being from Minford, we've had our share of down years. Through it all, there is a group of us (getting smaller every year it seems) that still logged on when the program was losing. I get it.

Still no reason for you guys not to get on here and support the team and have fun with it. After all, its good banter, all in good fun and just isnt the same every year when the users from either school dwindles!

I still wish this site was like it was back in the old days when we would all battle against the mods and their/his many usernames and have tons of fun with it, without people getting all bent out of shape.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

MInford hasn't been exactly stellar this year, but we still get on here and support our team. Heck, If Minford comes out and plays like they have the past two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see Valley pull out the win here.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Is bigorangeone on that list? LOL!

One I definitely miss seeing on here, especially this week, is Jesso White. Did a lot for the kids at both schools, and showed support for both.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minford17 wrote:
Is bigorangeone on that list? LOL!

One I definitely miss seeing on here, especially this week, is Jesso White. Did a lot for the kids at both schools, and showed support for both.
He certainly did! Wonderful guy, that's for sure

Return to “Football”