Ironton 43 Portsmouth 28

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Week 10 : (6-3) Ironton @ (6-3) Portsmouth

Post by scott1297 »

I think Ironton will win this game with little problems and also they probably will jump the #7 in region 19 and then they would play Sugarcreek Garaway in the first round

Burg grad 85
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK10 Ironton (6-3) @ Portsmouth (6-3)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great post by trojandave. it's awesome seeing this rivalry getting back to normal with both teams.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Seem to be more and more arton fans on here nowadays lmfao

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Noitall wrote:Seem to be more and more arton fans on here nowadays lmfao
There's still not as many as there are Pirate fans on the Fighting Tiger threads. :o

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH THE JOINT IS JUST HOPPIN WITH TIGER POSTERS ANYMORE. :cry:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
There's still not as many as there are Pirate fans on the Fighting Tiger threads. :o
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT OLE BUDDY.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

hopeing for a portsmouth win here...

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm just hoping for a Portsmouth fan here to chat with right now.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:

Yea they really seem,to be e.enjoying returning all the smack they have taking from tigger fans over the years and I don't see it turning back for years

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Noitall wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

Yea they really seem,to be e.enjoying returning all the smack they have taking from tigger fans over the years and I don't see it turning back for years
Y'all still can't get us out your head. Lol. Keep the train rolling guys.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there you are, where you been ole feller. ironton game topics ain't the same without you.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

It's called Tiger envy. It would be interesting to see whether Ironton or Wheelersburg threads get more clicks on this board over time. I think the Wheelersburg posters' unique obsession with Ironton puts Ironton over the top. Of course, ole Bait's one-man loyalty program don't hurt either! :D

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

:roll: :roll:

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:there you are, where you been ole feller. ironton game topics ain't the same without you.
8-) I'm still here. Just not much to talk about on our end.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

This could be a big win for the Fighting Tigers program in my opinion this Friday. For the last two seasons Ironton has shown that they wouldn't give up after getting beat early in the season. Last year starting out the year 0-3 while this season starting out the season 1-3. Both seasons the Tigers suffered huge losses of athletes from injuries. This season was a bad one for sure. From what I have, out for the season, Starters, Tanner Wilson, Andrew Scott, Chase Rowe, Seth Fosson and Brady Rowe. Three knee surgeries one ankle and a severe concussion. Then you have top back ups in Ryan Payne and Ayden Barnes both out for the season. Trent Klaiber everyone would have thought would have been out for the season after looking at his leg a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like he will be coming back real soon. Add those to Cody Rowe and Levi Langdon who weren't able to start the season until around the Chesepeake game and you have a lot of new young faces making up this Ironton football team. This bunch has done it all year and now are really starting to know how to play as a unit.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote:This could be a big win for the Fighting Tigers program in my opinion this Friday. For the last two seasons Ironton has shown that they wouldn't give up after getting beat early in the season. Last year starting out the year 0-3 while this season starting out the season 1-3. Both seasons the Tigers suffered huge losses of athletes from injuries. This season was a bad one for sure. From what I have, out for the season, Starters, Tanner Wilson, Andrew Scott, Chase Rowe, Seth Fosson and Brady Rowe. Three knee surgeries one ankle and a severe concussion. Then you have top back ups in Ryan Payne and Ayden Barnes both out for the season. Trent Klaiber everyone would have thought would have been out for the season after looking at his leg a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like he will be coming back real soon. Add those to Cody Rowe and Levi Langdon who weren't able to start the season until around the Chesepeake game and you have a lot of new young faces making up this Ironton football team. This bunch has done it all year and now are really starting to know how to play as a unit.

is this a conditioning problem ibtt or just plain bad luck. I ask you because I know you have a young'un playing. the last several years the fighting tigers have been decimated by injuries. in years past you'd have never seen this. and with less players for depth on the sidelines back then.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ironton isn't the only team that has suffered injuries. Virtually every team by week 10 has experienced the loss of playing time, either temporary or season ending, to key players.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

IBTT wrote:This could be a big win for the Fighting Tigers program in my opinion this Friday. For the last two seasons Ironton has shown that they wouldn't give up after getting beat early in the season. Last year starting out the year 0-3 while this season starting out the season 1-3. Both seasons the Tigers suffered huge losses of athletes from injuries. This season was a bad one for sure. From what I have, out for the season, Starters, Tanner Wilson, Andrew Scott, Chase Rowe, Seth Fosson and Brady Rowe. Three knee surgeries one ankle and a severe concussion. Then you have top back ups in Ryan Payne and Ayden Barnes both out for the season. Trent Klaiber everyone would have thought would have been out for the season after looking at his leg a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like he will be coming back real soon. Add those to Cody Rowe and Levi Langdon who weren't able to start the season until around the Chesepeake game and you have a lot of new young faces making up this Ironton football team. This bunch has done it all year and now are really starting to know how to play as a unit.
Ironton started 0-4 last year

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

There are several teams besides Ironton that are not conditioned at all! Everyone seems to brag about how they have these 310-350 pound linemen which most are not in shape! Look at Coldwater for instance;they have these 170-210 pound linemen who are quick and get the job done! Just a bunch of farm boys who knows what work is!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

trojandave wrote:Ironton isn't the only team that has suffered injuries. Virtually every team by week 10 has experienced the loss of playing time, either temporary or season ending, to key players.

Ironton though has had an inordinate amount of injuries compared to other teams. I understand some teams will go through a year every once in a great while where they have an injury bug, but Ironton has had that happen almost every year for the past 3 or 4 seasons. They will end the season with 10-15 guys not dressed cause of injuries. There's something not right with that somewhere.

Return to “Football”