Valley 17 Minford 7

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Valley 17 Minford 7

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford needs to get something going on offense. Valley needing a win to avoid 0-10.

Regardless of records this is always a hard fought game.

Thoughts?

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Minford vs Valley

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Minford wins, but Valley keeps it interesting for at least a quarter. The Compton kid for Minford is a solid running back. Bleeding Red, does he have a thousand yards yet?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I'm not sure if he does or not. The rushing totals haven't been good overall the past 2 weeks.

I will agree that he is a hard nosed kid and extremely hard runner.

Gluefactory
Waterboy

Post by Gluefactory »

Valley has improved steadily, I think their passing game is surprising at times on the plus side. I know the Ward boy left the Wheelersburg game in the 2nd half and no word on his status for the Minford game. He is a big factor on both sides of the ball. Will Valley have a run offense by committee? We shall see. Minford has played tough in most of their games losing some heartbreakers along the way. Home field advantage to the Indians and maybe the chance to get the skunk off the field gives them an edge.The Indians have to play almost mistake free ball and really up for this rivalry to get the win. Wishing injury free game for both teams.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford will win this game. They just need to realize a 6-4 is still a winning season and something to build on. 6-4 sounds a whole lot better than a mediocre 5-5. Minford has a few good classes coming up and the key is to get them to stick together. Valley will come out with hunger not to have a 0-10 season but I see the Falcons closing the deal in the second half.

Keys to victory: I would like to see QB McCormick take over this game running the ball. Teams are keying on Compton so McCormick needs to make his present felt by running the ball. Also, as he one of the areas best TEs , get Thurman involved in the passing game.

Have fun Seniors, and leave it all on the field like you did against West!

GO RED!!!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Minford by 21 this year

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

No love lost between these two teams and fan bases, that's for sure. If memory serves me correct, didn't Valley come into the 1990 contest against Minford 0-9 and beat the Falcons? Could history repeat itself? I'll take Minford comfortably.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Talk about bandwagon posters.....where did the Valley people go?

Last year they were registering a new member each minute. Now it looks like the lights got shut off over in the bottoms lol.

Coop? Crabs Brother (and the other 456 Crab affiliates)?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:Talk about bandwagon posters.....where did the Valley people go?

Last year they were registering a new member each minute. Now it looks like the lights got shut off over in the bottoms lol.

Coop? Crabs Brother (and the other 456 Crab affiliates)?
Meth alley :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

when is the last time valley finished 0-10

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

I have a bad feeling Valley gets win #1 here. Our offense is anemic.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I've seen Crab's Brother (only other crab username that I've seen) on here multiple times, Coop as well... The majority of the Valley threads have turned into bashing Coach and blaming him for the rough season. Some of the Valley faithful that have been long time posters on this site are also in positions (coaching/teaching/otherwise) that do not allow too much message board banter. So when the negative posts fly and you don't agree with them, it does no real good to get into computer talk measuring contest. Most Valley faithful believe in the process that has made things successful and believe the worm will turn. Sure things are more exciting when teams are winning, that's true for every fan on this site... The ones I see registering now, are coming to take shots that they haven't been able to take because of Valley's run of success. That was to be expected.

Also lack of conversation on here doesn't make people bandwagon, a little fairweather maybe, but not bandwagon. There isn't too much to disagree with when it comes to game analysis this year. Valley has been an underdog for 9 straight weeks, and this week makes 10. The biggest talking point has been the reason for the down season... That gets old reading the same back and forth and arguing all season, I don't find it to be much of a surprise that people aren't commenting.

My only hope for this week is that we are healthy enough to compete for 4 quarters and everyone stays injury free.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

crab_apple4 wrote:I've seen Crab's Brother (only other crab username that I've seen) on here multiple times, Coop as well... The majority of the Valley threads have turned into bashing Coach and blaming him for the rough season. Some of the Valley faithful that have been long time posters on this site are also in positions (coaching/teaching/otherwise) that do not allow too much message board banter. So when the negative posts fly and you don't agree with them, it does no real good to get into computer talk measuring contest. Most Valley faithful believe in the process that has made things successful and believe the worm will turn. Sure things are more exciting when teams are winning, that's true for every fan on this site... The ones I see registering now, are coming to take shots that they haven't been able to take because of Valley's run of success. That was to be expected.

Also lack of conversation on here doesn't make people bandwagon, a little fairweather maybe, but not bandwagon. There isn't too much to disagree with when it comes to game analysis this year. Valley has been an underdog for 9 straight weeks, and this week makes 10. The biggest talking point has been the reason for the down season... That gets old reading the same back and forth and arguing all season, I don't find it to be much of a surprise that people aren't commenting.

My only hope for this week is that we are healthy enough to compete for 4 quarters and everyone stays injury free.
I'm glad you came out to post. This Minford/Valley thread was getting old fast. Nothing wrong with a little friendly banter, as we've had in the past.

I agree that the worm will turn, although I think it will be longer than what others suggest after seeing not only Valley teams that are up and coming, but those from other schools as well. Valley put together a fantastic run with remarkable groups of athletes and good coaching staffs. You cant win the horse race without the horses, that's for sure.

Hopefully Coop and others will get involved on here this week. With both teams going into their final game of the season, it just wouldnt be the same without them.

I hope the "others" who have positions come out as well. It really didnt stop them in the past when Valley was winning, so I dont see why it is an issue for them to have some talk about the game this year when Valley is not.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

The Oaf wrote:No love lost between these two teams and fan bases, that's for sure. If memory serves me correct, didn't Valley come into the 1990 contest against Minford 0-9 and beat the Falcons? Could history repeat itself? I'll take Minford comfortably.
Remember that game well. I was a recent Valley grad and started dating a recent Minford grad who later became Mrs.minford17. We had a little bet on the game, and glad Robbie Miller, Alan Ruth, Matt Wilson, Wayne Vowell, Chet Thayer, and company came through for me. However, my loyalties lie with Minford now. Go Falcons! Sorry pmow3, coop, crab's brother, and crab apple4.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minford17 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:No love lost between these two teams and fan bases, that's for sure. If memory serves me correct, didn't Valley come into the 1990 contest against Minford 0-9 and beat the Falcons? Could history repeat itself? I'll take Minford comfortably.
Remember that game well. I was a recent Valley grad and started dating a recent Minford grad who later became Mrs.minford17. We had a little bet on the game, and glad Robbie Miller, Alan Ruth, Matt Wilson, Wayne Vowell, Chet Thayer, and company came through for me. However, my loyalties lie with Minford now. Go Falcons! Sorry pmow3, coop, crab's brother, and crab apple4.

At least she pulled you over to the east side of Lucasville Minford road. Funny how women can do that to a man, isnt it?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
minford17 wrote:

At least she pulled you over to the east side of Lucasville Minford road. Funny how women can do that to a man, isnt it?
Women have that power of persuasion don't they? Reminded a couple of the boys about that game, and hope we don't get a repeat.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Weird, because if you go back and look...ive basically posted in the Valley thread every single week...but yea.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

As crab_apple4 said...a lot of people just aren't interested in a bash fest, which is all this site has really turned into.

Every week whats the point of replying to:

"Man...Valley sucks" "Valleys coach sucks"...etc..

Then we come in and talk about how Valley can improve, and how good kids are coming up, and then the replies are like:

"Doesn't matter whats coming up" "Junior high doesn't matter, you still suck" and etc...

Its a waste of time to argue with grown adults whose lives hang in the balance of HIGH SCHOOL sports.

That said...

GO INDIANS!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

minford17 wrote:
Ruth and Vowell and them were on the 89 team. JB Kidd etc. the 1990 team was crabtrees first team and they started a freshman at QB who went on to preach the gospel

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Delete
Last edited by minford17 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”