East 32 Notre Dame 26

one Oak
JV Team

Re: WK10 (9-0) Sciotoville East @ (7-2) Notre Dame

Post by one Oak »

The Oak Hill quarterback that played against Notre Dame was hurt in the Wheelersburg game and didn't play against East.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

East has more of the size and speed at the WR position, including spreading Akia out at the WR compared to anyone ND has played this year. Typically ND struggles with the vertical throws and allowing WRs to get behind them. I think East exploits this and comes out on top.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: SOC Championship (9-0) East @ (7-2) Notre Dame

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I would love to see this one. Gonna be a epic battle. I'm takin east by a couple scores

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

these 2 teams are having an amazing year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

ND must stop the pass. You may see Johnson or Kayser man up on Akia. I think Mader can match up with Kanyon at the WR spot. Turnovers will be key in this game. A win for ND will guarantee a playoff spot and a share for SOC I Title. East must plan a clean game and keep their heads. Either way I am sure this game will get a little bit chippy, but what do you expect its a RIVALRY GAME!

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

SEOPlegend wrote:That's comical ^^ Oak Hill didn't pass at all against East and even Fayetteville was passing the ball on them and they are really slow. Notre Dame has two fast players, there line is average and a qaurterback that won't be able to pass against boys that can move. The question is will Notre Dame be able to match all the talent East has?
Fayetteville was passing on who? They completed a couple of passes, and most were just 3 yard quick hits outside. If they were so successful passing the ball, why didn't they stick to it and use it? Because it didn't work, that is why. Where do you get your information? Hanging around outside of the film room? East saw Oak Hill's 2nd/3rd string QB...

Why don't you cut down some more players, superstar. If you would like to start a name calling war, that is fine, we could go on and on about that, but some of us are choosing to respect that. Like you said, you just graduated from East, so we all know you just want them to do well, that is great, but why put down every team they play week to week? Young and classless.

Oak Hill who had their 1st string QB when ND played, they also attempted to throw and got picked off 3 times while doing so. So saying they will struggle with the pass is "up in the air" until Saturday. East will move the ball, as will Notre Dame, turnovers and penalties will be crucial in this game. Players will come in extra tense and hyped up, who will settle down first and draw first blood?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

The Oaf wrote:How big of a crowd at old Spartan Stadium Saturday night?
Would love to see a packed house Saturday night, almost like a playoff game back in the day.

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

js7_22 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:That's comical ^^ Oak Hill didn't pass at all against East and even Fayetteville was passing the ball on them and they are really slow. Notre Dame has two fast players, there line is average and a qaurterback that won't be able to pass against boys that can move. The question is will Notre Dame be able to match all the talent East has?
Fayetteville was passing on who? They completed a couple of passes, and most were just 3 yard quick hits outside. If they were so successful passing the ball, why didn't they stick to it and use it? Because it didn't work, that is why. Where do you get your information? Hanging around outside of the film room? East saw Oak Hill's 2nd/3rd string QB...

Why don't you cut down some more players, superstar. If you would like to start a name calling war, that is fine, we could go on and on about that, but some of us are choosing to respect that. Like you said, you just graduated from East, so we all know you just want them to do well, that is great, but why put down every team they play week to week? Young and classless.

Oak Hill who had their 1st string QB when ND played, they also attempted to throw and got picked off 3 times while doing so. So saying they will struggle with the pass is "up in the air" until Saturday. East will move the ball, as will Notre Dame, turnovers and penalties will be crucial in this game. Players will come in extra tense and hyped up, who will settle down first and draw first blood?
Nobody is downing anybody, I predicted my score by two TDs and you sir are the one that commented back. Watch and see, Notre Dame is not on East level yet.

BLUE AND WHITE
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
js7_22 wrote:

Nobody is downing anybody, I predicted my score by two TDs and you sir are the one that commented back. Watch and see, Notre Dame is not on East level yet.
"Their line is average and quarterback that won't be able to pass against boys that can move" You discredit everything that have done. You are the only one saying this type of stuff...

Keep telling yourself this. East is good, we get that. Be humble once in your life, it'll pay off, I promise.

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Very humble sir and very happy for the boys this year going undefeated. This is what this page is for. To argue, and give your opinion. If you cant handle tough love sir then you don't need to comment. It is what it is, East is the better team in this matchup and yes Notre Dame blowed out some teams but you cant forget that there starters play the whole game. East does the same thing to teams but with the exception of Oak Hill and Alexander there jv is in 4th quarter and 3rd in some cases.

BLUE AND WHITE
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

[quote="js7_22"][quote="SEOPlegend"][quote="js7_22"]

BLUE AND WHITE
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

The reason their starters play the whole game is bc they have to play the whole game! ND does not have skilled position backups. East has played the same competition as the Titans, the only team that is really worth anything this year would be Alexander but they are not very good. ND has played Southern who is in the top 8 in the region and Fayetteville Perry who was 6-2 coming into the ND game. Don't get me wrong East is good, but as far as saying ND is not on their level idk about that. What level is East on, surely not Burg level. ND needs to be able to match the physical play of East plain and simple, if they don't ND will lose.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

SEOPlegend wrote:Very humble sir and very happy for the boys this year going undefeated. This is what this page is for. To argue, and give your opinion. If you cant handle tough love sir then you don't need to comment. It is what it is, East is the better team in this matchup and yes Notre Dame blowed out some teams but you cant forget that there starters play the whole game. East does the same thing to teams but with the exception of Oak Hill and Alexander there jv is in 4th quarter and 3rd in some cases.
You do realize they (ND) removed some of the starters and let younger guys play...They have more than 11 guys on the team (21-22 to be exact).

The definition of humble must be a bit different for you. East blew (blowed is not a word) out 5 teams with a combined record of 10-35, far from spectacular.

Like I have said, East is a good team, I do not discredit that at all. I just find what you say about them to be VERY uneducated and juvenile at best.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:The reason their starters play the whole game is bc they have to play the whole game! ND does not have skilled position backups. East has played the same competition as the Titans, the only team that is really worth anything this year would be Alexander but they are not very good. ND has played Southern who is in the top 8 in the region and Fayetteville Perry who was 6-2 coming into the ND game. Don't get me wrong East is good, but as far as saying ND is not on their level idk about that. What level is East on, surely not Burg level. ND needs to be able to match the physical play of East plain and simple, if they don't ND will lose.
Great observation and an educated response. This will be a dogfight in my opinion. I don't think ND will try to match up with physical play to be honest. Playing smart and limiting mistakes will help them out more than anything. They must not get into a physicality matchup, I don't believe they can win that. But spreading out the defense, no costly penalties and pick up positive yardage with their speed will help Notre Dame.

East must not have penalties and personal fouls. They have a balanced attack but I'm sure we will see the wishbone style ground and pound out of them until it is stopped.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

js7_22 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:How big of a crowd at old Spartan Stadium Saturday night?
Would love to see a packed house Saturday night, almost like a playoff game back in the day.
Yeah those were the days. I've seen plenty of big crowds at that old stadium!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

js7_22 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:Very humble sir and very happy for the boys this year going undefeated. This is what this page is for. To argue, and give your opinion. If you cant handle tough love sir then you don't need to comment. It is what it is, East is the better team in this matchup and yes Notre Dame blowed out some teams but you cant forget that there starters play the whole game. East does the same thing to teams but with the exception of Oak Hill and Alexander there jv is in 4th quarter and 3rd in some cases.
You do realize they (ND) removed some of the starters and let younger guys play...They have more than 11 guys on the team (21-22 to be exact).

The definition of humble must be a bit different for you. East blew (blowed is not a word) out 5 teams with a combined record of 10-35, far from spectacular.

Like I have said, East is a good team, I do not discredit that at all. I just find what you say about them to be VERY uneducated and juvenile at best.
And tell me how are my comments uneducated? They are undefeated...

BLUE AND WHITE
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

js7_22 wrote:

The thing is that nobody likes East and will never give them credit. That is what this boils down to, they could win the state championship and people will still say something about them. It has been like this for years and it will continue to be like that. I mean these kids are undefeated and SOC Champs and people like yourself are still trying to bring them down.

BLUE AND WHITE
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

SEOPlegend wrote:
js7_22 wrote:

How is Notre Dame not on east level yet?

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

js7_22 wrote:
AllAboutTheU wrote:The reason their starters play the whole game is bc they have to play the whole game! ND does not have skilled position backups. East has played the same competition as the Titans, the only team that is really worth anything this year would be Alexander but they are not very good. ND has played Southern who is in the top 8 in the region and Fayetteville Perry who was 6-2 coming into the ND game. Don't get me wrong East is good, but as far as saying ND is not on their level idk about that. What level is East on, surely not Burg level. ND needs to be able to match the physical play of East plain and simple, if they don't ND will lose.
Great observation and an educated response. This will be a dogfight in my opinion. I don't think ND will try to match up with physical play to be honest. Playing smart and limiting mistakes will help them out more than anything. They must not get into a physicality matchup, I don't believe they can win that. But spreading out the defense, no costly penalties and pick up positive yardage with their speed will help Notre Dame.

East must not have penalties and personal fouls. They have a balanced attack but I'm sure we will see the wishbone style ground and pound out of them until it is stopped.
What I meant by matching the physical play was to not be intimidated by the physical play by East.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
js7_22 wrote:

The thing is that nobody likes East and will never give them credit. That is what this boils down to, they could win the state championship and people will still say something about them. It has been like this for years and it will continue to be like that. I mean these kids are undefeated and SOC Champs and people like yourself are still trying to bring them down.
Are you delusion? Where in my statement you just quoted that I have said anything negative about them? I said "what you say" about them is uneducated and juvenile. I say over and over in my statements that East is a very good team. If you go back and read you will see that.

You in your own words just said that East is not liked by anyone. But you need to take a step back and look at what you say. It's not that they dislike the kids, it's rather the words you speak and how you say them is what people dislike. They dislike you and others alike, no matter the school.

Return to “Football”